Butternut squash and sweet potato soup is creamy without adding any cream! A great way to get a creamy texture is to puree the soup!
A super healthy, low-fat, low-carb and delicious soup! An easy and quick choice for any weeknight meal! Perfect for any Holiday meal too!
My recipe for this butternut squash and sweet potato soup is super creamy! Yet, there is no cream! This soup is low-calorie, low-fat, and tasty! I first published this recipe last year and I have updated the recipe and added new photos. The addition of cinnamon which really adds lovely flavor! Delicious, low-calorie and nutritious! everyone is happy!
This soup is really hearty and fills me up! Butternut squash and sweet potatoes are so great for your health! Both are loaded with potassium which helps to keep blood pressure in check! They are loaded with vitamin A which is great for our eyesight! Both also contain vitamin C which helps our immune system! So go ahead and make this tasty soup! Your body will thank you!
I love Autumn and soup I can eat year round! This one is a family favorite and I hope you make it and enjoy as much as we do! I pair this with my Roasted Seasoned Winter Squash Seeds! Nothing gets wasted in the butternut squash! The seeds are seasoned with Homemade Seasoning Salt, which works great on any squash seeds! Add a little low-fat sour cream as a garnish, and enjoy!
I hope you like this recipe, and if so, please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family, and please continue connecting with me on Instagram, Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus !
Follow me on Pinterest so you can pin all my favorite recipes!
When you make one of my recipes, tag it with #everydayeileen so I can also share it!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Butternut Squash and Sweet Potato Soup
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 large butternut squash peeled and diced to one cubes
- 2 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced into one cubes
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 32 ounces vegetable stock
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt to taste
- Roasted Seasoned Squash Seeds garnish
- Heat a Dutch over medium heat, Add in onions and saute for about 2 minutes, onions will be translucent.
- Add in garlic and stir for about another minute.
- To the pot, add cubed butternut squash, sweet potatoes, vegetable stock, cinnamon, ground black pepper, and salt.
- Simmer for about 45 minutes. Squash and potatoes should be fork tender.
- Use an emulsion blender to puree the soup. Can use a blender also. NOTE: if using a blender, puree soup in batches. Be careful, as the soup is hot. Use a towel to hold over cover while blending the soup.
- Check the seasoning and adjust, if needed.
- Soup is ready to serve. Can be kept in the fridge for about 4 days.
- Soup also freezes well.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size