A quick shrimp recipe with lots of garlic, wine, lemon, and hot red pepper for heat! Shrimp scampi can be served with pasta. Keep it low-carb and serve with zoodles, cauliflower rice, or spaghetti squash!
Prep Time 5 minutes
Cook Time 8 minutes
Total Time 33 minutes
Servings 6 servings
- 6 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 Tablespoon unsalted butter
- 2 pounds shrimp, cleaned and deveined I remove the tails from the shrimp
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 large lemon, juiced
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock, fat-free
- 1/2 cups fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- salt, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large skillet, melt unsalted butter. Add minced garlic, saute for a minute. Be careful - garlic burns quickly!
Add the shrimp and saute until pink, about 3-4 minutes. Turn shrimp to cook both sides.
Once pink, remove shrimp to a plate.
Increase the heat to medium-high, add white wine! Cook about a minute, add lemon juice, chicken stock, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper to taste. Reduce sauce to about half, about 2 minutes.
Once reduced, add back in the shrimp. Add fresh parsley and oregano. Check seasoning. Adjust if needed. Serve and enjoy!
Note 1: Serve with your favorite pasta, zoodles, riced cauliflower, spaghetti squash!
Note 2: A great appetizer with some warm Italian Bread to dip into the scampi sauce.
- all nutritional value is estimated. This can fluctuate due to portion size and ingredients.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 220kcal | Carbohydrates: 3g | Protein: 32g | Fat: 6g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 391mg | Sodium: 1202mg | Potassium: 232mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 635IU | Vitamin C: 15.8mg | Calcium: 241mg | Iron: 3.9mg