Easy Chipotle Chili
A great chili recipe with a spicy kick from chipotle peppers in adobo. Use lean beef, beans, and spices for a delicious chili recipe! Great for a crowd, tailgating, family partie
Servings 10 serving
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 large onion, peeled and diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 30 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- salt and black pepper, to taste Note 1
- olive oil cooking spray
- low-fat sour cream optional
- low-fat Mexican cheese optional
- jalapenos optional
- chopped freh cilantro optional
- 1 large avocado, sliced thin optional
In a Dutch oven over medium heat, spray pan with olive oil cooking spray.
Add the lean ground beef, diced onion, and minced garlic, saute until meat is brown, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Drain any excess fat.
Stir in the drained diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, drained black beans, drained kidney beans, chopped chipotle peppers, Mexican chili powder, dried oregano, and ground cumin. Season to taste with black pepper and salt.
Reduce heat to low and place the lid on Dutch oven. Simmer for about an hour. Stir occasionally.
Check seasoning and adjust if needed. Serve in bowls with toppings on the side.
Note 1: Chili is best with layers of flavor. Season the browned ground beef with salt and pepper to taste. Personally I sprinkle about 1/2 teaspoon of salt and pepper on the beef a it browns.
- The calorie count does not include optional toppings as they can vary.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
Serving: 1bowl | Calories: 268kcal | Carbohydrates: 27g | Protein: 28g | Fat: 5g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 56mg | Sodium: 990mg | Potassium: 1000mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 4g | Vitamin A: 435IU | Vitamin C: 14.1mg | Calcium: 90mg | Iron: 5.9mg