Welcome to Autumn, football season, and baseball playoffs! What is better on game day than an easy chipotle chili recipe with just the right amount of spice from chipotle peppers.
Using lean ground sirloin in this chili recipe gives excellent flavor and lower in fat! Make some today and freeze a batch for later in the month!
Now that the kids are back in school, I focus on quick, easy, and freezer friendly meals! My son, Aidan is a bit of a chili expert! He is my go-to spice guy and also loves to cook and really loves to be the taste tester!
I make many different types of chili and he has to approve all of them! This is my base chili recipe and from here the possibilities are endless…and he loves this chili!
Chili is one of those go-to meals that is perfect for a weekday meal and perfect for your tailgate party!
This recipe is a one pot meal with a perfect amount of kick from the chipotle pepper. As always, adjust your spices according to your family’s taste. We love spice, so I usually add in a bit extra of everything!
I hope you make this Easy Chipotle Chili! It is so super easy and always a big hit with my family and friends! Do you make your own chili? What are your favorite things to add to your chili recipes?
When you make one of my recipes, tag it with #everydayeileen so I can also share it!
Follow me on Pinterest so you can pin all my favorite recipes!
If you don’t know about Yummly, sign up for an account today and save my recipes and any other delicious recipe in one tasty space! Yummly is one of my favorite recipe collection sites!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Easy Chipotle Chili
- 2 pounds ground sirloin beef
- 1 large onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes
- 14 ounce can tomato sauce
- 30 ounces canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 15 ounce can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 chipotle peppers in adobo, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- olive oil cooking spray
- low-fat sour cream
- low-fat Mexican cheese
- chopped cilantro
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat, spray pan with olive oil cooking spray.
- Add the ground sirloin, diced onion, and minced garlic, saute until meat is brown, about 5 minutes. Drain any excess fat.
- Add in and combine the diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, drained black beans, drained kidney beans, chopped chipotle peppers, Mexican chili powder, dried oregano, ground cumin, black pepper, salt.
- Reduce heat to low and place the lid on Dutch oven and cook for about an hour. Stir occasionally.
- Check seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Ready to eat. Add toppings. Can be served with cornbread
- The calorie count does not include optional toppings as they can vary.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes