Delicious crispy baked coconut shrimp with spicy orange dipping sauce is a great appetizer, game day deliciousness and it makes a great entrée! #FootballFoods
Today is all about Game Day foods! My family and I are sport fanatics and football is on from September to February! For my family, this means let’s eat easy delicious fun food and watch the game! Sometimes there are foods you just have to eat and deal with the calories tomorrow. Then again, when I can make an amazing appetizer or meal and it’s lower in calories and tastes outrageous – well why would I do anything else! Hence, we have this amazing Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp with a Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce!
A few years ago, after changing a lot of how I eat, I experimented with baking these shrimp. The beauty of this dish is that baking reduces a lot of calories yet it still stays super crispy by using Panko bread crumbs and an oil spray! Coat the shrimp with seasoned coconut flour, which is lower in carbs than white flour. Use an egg was with coconut milk and an egg for the egg wash. The shrimp is coated in Panko bread crumbs and sweetened coconut which makes an amazingly crispy coating. Yummy! My dipping sauce is an easy peasy blend of Sweet Chili Sauce and orange marmalade. I have also used apricot marmalade because I always have it in the house!
I made these again this past weekend! The Hubs said, these Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce have moved to the top of his favorites list!
Tips to make Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce:
- Season, season, season! Don’t skip seasoning the flour mixture for added flavor.
- Dip shrimp in order of flour, egg wash then coconut to ensure crispy shrimp.
- I use coconut milk in the egg wash for added coconut flavor.
- After dipping in egg wash, make sure to shake off excess egg wash before placing in coconut, ensures a good coconut coating.
- Spray baking sheet with non-stick coconut oil spray, any spray works great.
Today is Football Food day! A great event hosted by Wendy at A Day In The Life on the Farm! Thank’s so much Wendy for hosting this awesome collection of #FootballFoods.
I am super excited to check out everyone’s recipes today! They all sound absolutely delicious.! Looking forward to making these amazing food bloggers recipes! Enjoy clicking through to the recipes below:
- Bacon Jalapeno Palm Poppers by Palatable Pastime
- Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce by Everyday Eileen
- Buffalo Chicken Taquitos by The Redhead Baker
- Butternut Squash Pizzettas by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Cheese Chili Tots by Frugal Pantry
- Cheesy Buffalo Chicken Lasagna by Cooking With Carlee
- Chipotle Peach Meatballs by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Fiesta Ranch Crispy Baked Wings by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Cheeseburger Bombs by Cookaholic Wife
- Fried Chicken Sliders by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Ham and Swiss Sliders by Family Around The Table
- Instant Pot Buffalo Chicken Dip by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Instant Pot Cheesy Southwestern Spinach Dip by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Mini Zucchini Pizzas by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
- Philly Steak Appetizer by The Freshman Cook
- Slow Cooker Chicken Taco Chili by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Texas Trash Party Mix by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Tomatillo and Pork Chili by Simple and Savory
- Warm White Bean Dip by Bear & Bug Eats
Some other of my favorite Football Foods are:
Baked Pecan Crusted Chicken Tenders with Creole Sauce
Easy Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
MADE THIS SHRIMP APPETIZER, TAG EVERYDAY_EILEEN AND #EVERYDAYEILEEN ON INSTAGRAM
I LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS!
LEAVE YOUR COMMENTS BELOW!
ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THE RECIPE, ASK IN THE COMMENT SECTION!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER, BLOGLOVIN, GOOGLE PLUS !
THANK YOU FOR ALWAYS SHARING MY PASSION AND LOVE FOR FOOD AND FAMILY!
Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce
A delicious appetizer or main dish is this Crispy Baked Coconut Shrimp with Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce is always a favorite! Baked and not fried makes this a healthy option for a Game Day snack or family dinner. A tasty dipping sauce of Thai Chili Sauce and Orange Marmalade make an easy dipping sauce that I use as a sauce for so many foods.
Baked Coconut Shrimp
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined keep tail on
- 1/2 cup coconut flour *see notes
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, or to your taste
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup coconut milk * see notes
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup Panko bread crumbs
- non-stick cooking spray see notes
Spicy Dipping Sauce
- 1/3 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- 1/4 cup orange or apricot marmalade
Prepare the Coconut Shrimp
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Place oven rack in center of oven.
Rinse the shrimp and pat dry, set aside.
In a medium bowl, combine the coconut flour, garlic powder, onion powder, ground black pepper and salt.
In a second bowl, whisk the egg and coconut milk to mix well.
In a third bowl, combine the Panko bread crumbs and sweetened coconut flakes to combine well.
On a large baking sheet, spray the non stick cooking spray to cover the pan. Dip each piece of shrimp, first in the flour mix, then egg wash, shake off excess egg wash. Then put shrimp into the coconut mixture to coat well with the coconut/Panko mix. Then place the shrimp onto the coated cookie sheet.
Once all coconut on sheet. Give the top of the shrimp a quick spray with the non-stick cooking spray. Place the cookie sheet on the center rack of oven and cook between 10 to 15 minutes, depending on the size of the shrimp and serve with dipping sauce below.
Spicy Orange Dipping Sauce
Combine and mix well the Thai Sweet Chili Sauce and marmalade of choice. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- Using coconut flour is great for a low-carb diet. You can use all-purpose flour if you are not gluten-free or on a low-carb meal plan.
- I prefer coconut milk to extend the coconut flavor. You can use low-fat milk or buttermilk with the eggs for the egg wash.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes