October is National Pizza Month and this yummy and healthy Mediterranean Veggie Flatbread Pizza is a perfect way to celebrate! The pizza is so quick and easy to prepare!
This Mediterranean flatbread pizza is topped with delicious veggies and fresh mozzarella! In under 20 minutes, you can have an amazing vegetarian flatbread pizza!
I’m super lucky to live in New York where there is a pizza parlor in every town and in Manhattan, pretty much every corner! I remember as a child, I would go to the local Sears store and there was a pizza place right in the entrance. My dad would get each of us the lunch special, 1 slice and a soda for $1.25. Okay, I know, I have been around a while! I like to think well rounded! Bottom line, those prices are long over. They really were the good old days! Nowadays, take-out pizza prices are through the roof. Thus the reason I came up with different ways to enjoy pizza and my family favorite Mediterranean Flatbread Pizzas!
Pizza is my families favorite and I can’t believe this is my first time discussing the love of pizza! Again, the price of pizza has gotten crazy so hey, I decided to make my own and it is so much cheaper and delicious! I do many varieties of pizza! I am super excited to share my Mediterranean Veggie Flatbread Pizza with you all today A fantastic group of bloggers, I am so grateful to be a part of their group, have gotten together to celebrate October as National Pizza Month!
Tips to make Mediterranean Veggie Flatbread Pizza:
- I used whole-wheat flatbread, feel free to use gluten-free or Naan bread.
- I use avocado oil on the flatbread, you can leave it out. The avocado oil adds a crispiness.
- Use either store bought pizza sauce or homemade.
- This is a Mediterranean Flatbread, so I stick with certain flavors. You can use any veggie in the fridge.
- You can obviously add meat if you choose, ground turkey, chicken sausage, or meatballs!
- Any leftover veggies make an amazing omelet or frittata.
- These can be grilled as well, about 5-6 minutes, medium heat.
- Love using flatbread because its no-cholesterol and low-fat.
Doesn’t that pizza look delish! I am a huge cheese fan! I just cannot get enough mix of veggies and cheese! These Mediterranean Veggie Flatbread Pizza’s are perfect for lunch or dinner. We love to do a toppings table on game day! Everyone grabs a flatbread and adds their own toppings. One of the easiest recipes ever and everyone is happy!
Don’t forget to check out the other amazing Pizza recipes above!
I love this for a fun dinner, snack or appetizer! Check out these recipes that are just as fun as these Mediterranean Veggie Flatbread Pizza:
- Easy Crispy Baked Buffalo Chicken Wings
- Easy Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef Tacos
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Skinny Pineapple Mango Frozen Margarita with Chili Salt Rim
Save this recipe to make later HERE
Mediterranean Veggie Flatbread Pizza
- 4 whole-grain flatbread I used Kontos
- 10 ounce homemade or store-bought pizza sauce
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh mozzarella, sliced thin
- 2 large tomatoes, sliced thin
- 1 small yellow pepper, seeded and sliced into thin slices
- 1 small orange pepper, seeded and sliced into thin slices
- 1 cup mushrooms, sliced thin
- 14 ounce can, artichoke hearts, drain liquid, slice artichoke into smaller pieces
- ⅓ cup Kalamata olives, sliced thin
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 fresh basil leaves optional
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Assemble all the ingredients near the flatbreads. Have either a large cookie sheet or pizza stone ready. I like to warm them for about 5 minutes in the preheated oven, optional.
- Place the flatbreads on the pan and brush with the olive oil on both sides of the flatbread. Top with the pizza sauce( about 2-3 Tablespoons per flatbread)
- Alternately add the tomatoes and mozzarella, form a pattern if you can. Then top with the other veggies as you see prefer. Top pizzas with the oregano and black pepper.
- Bake for about 12 minutes. Serve as whole flatbreads or slice into quarters for appetizers.
- Use a low-salt home-made pizza sauce and you will reduce calories and sodium.
- Feel free to adjust the veggies to your liking. We love the Mediterranean flavors.
- Gluten-free and vegan - use gluten-free flatbreads and vegan cheese.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Follow along on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers with creative recipe and DIY ideas!
Tag #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen on Instagram with your recreations of my recipes! Love seeing and sharing what you create!
Follow me to get lots of amazing recipes and ideas connect on:
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Take a few minutes and check out these amazing food bloggers and their Pizza recipes! I am looking forward to making all of them:
- Buffalo Chicken Naan Bread Pizza by The Freshman Cook
- Eggplant and Garlic Pizza by Kate’s Recipe Box
- Italian Beef Pizza by Cooking With Carlee
- Margherita Pizza by Making Miracles
- Mediterranean Flatbread Pizza by Everyday Eileen
- Mini Pizza Bites by Palatable Pastime
- Pizza with shaved brussels sprouts and bacon by Simple and Savory
- Potato and Leek Pizza by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Shrimp Prosciutto and Mushroom Pizza by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Spinach, Pancetta and Fontina Pizza by The Redhead Baker
- Stovetop Skillet Pizzas by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- White Pizza Mini Tarts by Take Two Tapas
- World Series Tortilla Pizza by Amy’s Cooking Adventures