Everyone needs a great snack! Parmesan Garlic Kale Chips are a delicious treat that can be made in 15 minutes! Healthy and low-fat with just a hint of salt to satisfy!
My weakness is chips and dips! I just love them! A few years ago, after having my strokes, seemed that the chips and dip love needed to be revamped into healthier options! While recuperating, I spent a weekend in upstate New York with the hubs. When we were traveling home we stopped at a farm stand with a variety of dehydrated veggies, and they were delicious! While I do not have a dehydrator, the woman suggested I roast the kale and that was the beginning of my love of Roasted Parmesan Garlic Kale Chips! Super delicious and full of vitamins and lets face it, kale is the new beef!
I have made many different types of kale chips. This is one of my favorite recipes. I found granulated garlic works better than using fresh garlic. Himalayan Salt, well it is so good for the body and it helps to lower blood pressure, so that is all I needed to learn about that particular type of salt! A little Parmesan cheese, it’s just my favorite cheese ever! Actually I love all cheese! Then there is the Kale, what is not to love! So many health benefits – low in fat, high in fiber, helps with digestion and packed with vitamins…I will say no more and eat your kale people!
The key is slow roasting at 300 degrees Fahrenheit! That gives the crispest leaves. I roast the leaves for about 10 minutes and I rotate the pan. I have tried flipping the leaves but just turning the pan in the oven does the trick for me. I roast another 5 minutes or so and there ya have it, the crispest kale chips around!
When you make one of my recipes, tag it with #everydayeileen so I can also share it!
Also, please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family, and please continue connecting with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus !
If you don’t know about Yummly, sign up for an account today and save my recipes and any other delicious recipe in one tasty space! Yummly is one of my favorite recipe collection sites!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Parmesan Garlic Kale Chips
- 4 cups fresh kale
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Himalayan Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Place parchment paper on baking sheet, set aside.
- Remove the center rib from the kale leaf and discard the rib.
- Wash and dry the kale leaves.
- Tear the kale leaves into bite size pieces, about 3 inches wide.
- Drizzle the coconut oil, garlic powder, and Himalayan salt onto the kale leaves.
- Massage into the kale leaves.
- On prepared baking sheet, place the kale.
- Bake for 10 minutes then rotate pan in oven.
- Continue to bake another 5 minutes, kale will be crisp and the ends will be brown.
- Keep in an air tight container.