Enjoy an easy and most delicious breakfast that is always a crowd pleaser, Berries, and Cream Stuffed French Toast Croissants! A perfect Thanksgiving, Christmas or New Year’s Day breakfast!
We have many food celebration days, today is one that is a personal favorite, National French Toast Day! To celebrate, I have teamed with a few of my favorite food bloggers to celebrate! I am sharing a family favorite, Berries and Cream French Toast Stuffed Croissants because it is absolutely yummy! This french toast is super versatile to please everyone in the family! I can adjust the fruit if needed to please everyone.
My family is not any different from most..we are always running and the day starts early! Usually a quick bowl of cereal, ready-made Healthy Vegetable Egg Muffin Cup , Avocado Egg Toast, or a quick Smoothie! When we have a weekend day, or a Holiday like Thanksgiving or Christmas, we make it count! I love a relaxing morning with lots of fun, laughter and great food. Berries and Cream Stuffed French Toast Croissants delivers a delish breakfast that makes everyone happy!
Everyday Tips to make Berries and Cream Stuffed French Toast Croissants:
- Bring the low-fat cream cheese to room temperature, makes it easier to blend.
- Using almond extract brings a different flavor that I prefer, vanilla extract works as well.
- The cream cheese layer is thin because it packs a lot of flavor.
- I use bananas and fresh raspberries. Feel free to adjust the fruit to your families taste.
- When fresh fruit is unavailable, add fresh fruit preserves to the base of the croissant, also delicious.
- Use your impeccably clean hands to carefully coat the croissants with the egg wash and flip them with the egg mixture to keep the fruit inside.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and these stuffed berry croissants are absolutely fabulous. I will say these stuffed croissants are a more indulgent breakfast for my family. The stuffed croissants are perfect for special days like Christmas, Thanksgiving and New Years Day morning. With that said, my boys could eat these 3 times a day, yes 3 times a day! I will say, having my younger son home for the Holidays this year, I make these a lot! As having him home is a Holiday everyday!
I look forward to this recipe throughout the Holidays! My family talks about these croissants as the Holidays approach! With today being National French Toast Day, I cannot wait to check out my friends recipes below. Please make sure you do the same. These are some of the most talented food bloggers out there! Click on their links to see their full recipes:
National French Toast Day
- Berries and Cream Stuffed French Toast Croissants by Everyday Eileen
- French Toast Bites by The Freshman Cook
- Cinnamon Roll French Toast with Cream Cheese Glaze. by I Just Make Sandwiches
- Garlicky Chard-Stuffed French Toast by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- French Toast Sticks by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Pizza Stuffed French Toast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Rabanada by Palatable Pastime
- Savory French Toast Breakfast Sandwich by Amy’s Cooking Adventures
- Strawberry Cream Cheese Stuffed French Toast by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Torrijas – Spanish French toast by Caroline’s Cooking
Don’t have time to make Berries and Cream Stuffed French Toast recipe right now, pin it to make later here :
Berries and Cream French Toast Stuffed Croissants
An easy and tasty breakfast filled with a creamy stuffing from bananas, raspberries and cream cheese! A perfect breakfast for special mornings like Christmas, New Years and Mothers Day.
- 4 croissants, sliced in half
- butter flavored non-stick cooking spray
Cream Cheese Filling
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons confectioner sugar
- 1 Tablespoon orange juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2 bananas, sliced thin
- 16 raspberries
French Toast Batter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup low-fat milk
- 1 teaspooon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- blueberries, raspberries, confectioners sugar and maple syrup optional toppings
In a small bowl combine the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, orange juice and almond extract. Set aside.
Preheat a skillet over medium heat or a griddle to 350 degrees.
To a large bowl add and whisk to eggs, low-fat milk, ground cinnamon and vanilla extract. Set aside.
On the bottom of each croissant, add 2 Tablespoons of the cream, banana slices and 4 raspberries. Place top on each croissant.
Spray the griddle with the non-stick cooking spray.
Place each croissant into the egg wash. Carefully flip to coat the croissants to cover completely each croissant and place on griddle or pan.
Cook on each side about 4 minutes to cook completely through.
Serve with extra fruit and pure maple syrup.
- Adjust fruit according to your family.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.
Follow along on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers with creative recipe and DIY ideas!
Tag #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen on Instagram with your recreations of my recipes! Love seeing and sharing what you create!
Keep up with my latest posts, recipes and ideas! Connect with me on:
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!