Easy Cherry Oat Crumble Bars are an easy and tasty treat! A shortbread crust, topped with cherry preserves and an oat crumble make for a delicious snack bar! These are great to make with the kids and perfect for an after school snack! A great addition to any brunch or lunch gathering also!
I am thrilled we are approaching cherry season! I love anything cherry! I make a mean cherry ice cream and a cherry BBQ sauce! Both recipes, I will be sharing with you all soon! However, it is such a short season and then the price of cherries sky-rockets! I do buy a large amount and freeze a bunch of cherries to use throughout the summer! For this recipe, I use a cherry preserve! This way these tasty treats are made all year long! Whether homemade or store-bought preserves, these are a delicious oat crumble bar!
I have to also add, feel free to use the recipe and change up your preserves! These are great any fruit preserve! They are a great sweet treat without being too filling! Just the perfect amount of sweetness! I use an oat crumble topping. Again, you can vary the topping by adding nuts and can even change up the sugar with coconut sugar or turbinado sugar!
These oat bars are perfect for a take along to pot luck and BBQ’s. They travel very well and always a hit with kids and adults! I usally make a batch for our brunch and lunch gatherings! They are a huge requested treat from my kids! They are one of the first snacks my daughter made by herself! She is quite the baker on her own too!
Save this recipe to your FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! Follow along on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers with creative recipe and DIY ideas!
Tag #everydayeileen or @everyday_eileen on Instagram with your recreations of my recipes! Love seeing and sharing what you create!
Connect with me on:
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Easy Cherry Oat Crumble Bars
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/3 cup confectioners sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
Oat Crumble Topping
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpse flour
- 2 Tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 Tablespoons cold, unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup cherry preserves
To make the crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Have an 8 inch, ungreased square baking pan ready.
- For the crust, in a medium bowl, cream together the butter and confectioners sugar until well blended. With floured fingers, cut the flour into the butter mixture until crumbly. With your hands, press the crust into the baking pan. Bake for about 10-12 minutes so the crust is set but not completely cooked. Set aside to cool.
To make the topping
- In a medium bowl, combine the rolled oats, flour, brown sugar, bakingsoda, and salt. Cut in the butter with either your fingers or a pastry blender.
To complete the bars
- Top the cooled crust completely with the cherry preserves. Top the preserves with the oat crumble topping. Return to the 350 degree oven and bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven. Let cool slightly. Finish cooling on a wire cooling rack.
- Slice the bars into 12 equal slices. Top with either whip cream, frozen yogurt, ice cream, ormore confectionary sugar if desired.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- Let these cool completely before cutting to allow the bars to settle.