No one will be disappointed with this festive Witches Brew Drink. This is a fun spooky green cocktail drink for our adult friends. It will most definitely take your celebration over the top. Only 3 ingredients are needed and you have a Halloween signature drink for your ghoulishly spooktacular celebration.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Halloween isn’t just for the kids. Adults, need a little festivity also. This tasty Witches Brew drink is full of flavor and such a fun cocktail. We use matcha powder to give us a bright green tone to the drink.
- There is no trick to this cocktail treat. It’s a simple yet delicious Halloween cocktail that will make a perfect signature drink for your All Souls Day celebration. Get your festive glassware out and make a big batch of this brew for your next party.
- Matcha powder: easy to find in the health food section of your grocer or via Amazon
- Cream Soda: gives a nice balance of flavor and fizz.
- Vodka: plain vodka and use your favorite brand.
- Green Food Coloring: highly recommend for ghoulish flair. Use a veggie-based coloring for natural coloring. I have a link below to the one I use.
- Dry Ice: Not essential but such a fun addition to the cocktail.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mixing Bowl
- Glasses: These glasses are festive.
- Skeleton Drink Dispenser Stand: I love this stand and it is great for parties.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, mix matcha, root beer, and vodka. Once blended, mix in the green food coloring.
Step 2: Transfer the drink to a pitcher, punch bowl, or glasses. Add the dry ice, see Note 2, and serve your spooky beverage.
The leftover beverage can be kept in a pitcher the refrigerator for up to 12 days.
Expert Tip: If using dry ice, be sure to wear gloves. Do not touch dry ice with bare hands.
- Add the dry ice to the bowl or glass.
- Let the dry ice dissolve completely before drinking the cocktail. Never, ever ingest dry ice. Let it dissolve completely before drinking the cocktail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Green food coloring.
Sure. Do not add vodka. A splash of lemon lime soda would be festive.
If you do not have dry ice available, use ice cubes.
Mummy Taco Bread is a perfect dish to serve. Another tasty treat is these Mummy Pot Pies, so cheery and tasty.
For dessert, try Halloween Monster Eye Cookies, so darn cute. For a hauntingly delicious treat, try Spooky Severed Finger Cupcakes.
Looking for some more festive Halloween cocktails, try this Vampire Cocktail, I love the squeeze of raspberry in the cocktail. How about the not so scary, Grave Digger, yummy.
Matcha is the key to this super delicious beverage. It adds a nice flavor to the cream soda. The kick is from the vodka. Thus this is an adult beverage only.
Be sure and get some dry ice to give your family and friends the smoky experience for Halloween fun!
Dry ice puts this cocktail over the top ghoulishly fun. I was able to get some at a local ice distributor. After checking around, many grocery stores including some Walmarts carry it. Definitely try and get some for your All Hallows Eve extravaganza.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
Halloween Witches Brew Cocktail
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- ⅓ teaspoon matcha powder Note 1
- 36 ounces cream soda
- 12 ounces vodka
- dry ice Note 2, only for decorating, do not consume
- green food coloring, optional Note 3
- In a large mixing bowl, add matcha powder, cream soda, and vodka. Whisk to blend the matcha powder so it is well blended. If you have any clumps, use a spoon to smash them out.
- If using the green food coloring, add 2 drops at a time, mix well. Continue adding the food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Transfer the drink to a pitcher, punch bowl, or glasses. Add the dry ice, see Note 2, and serve your spooky beverage.
I love how you used a natural color like matcha to get the green effect, so fun! Definitely a witchy brew for Halloween!
Glad you enjoy Chandice.
WOW!! This cocktail looks so fun and matcha powder will be so perfect here to make it green for halloween. I can't wait to try it.
Excelent Neha, enjoy,
Lori | The Kitchen Whisperer
How festive and perfect for the holidays! I'm loving the colors and flavor combinations! And using matcha is brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing!
Cream soda and vodka, yes please!! The dry ice with this recipe is really genius. Perfect addition to this yummy drink!
I am so excited to enjoy this drink. Love the color and the combinations too. Unique
What a fun drink and a great idea to use matcha for the green color. As a retired chemistry teacher I'm glad to see your warnings about not consuming the dry ice - what a shock that would be.
Omg this is SO FUN! We are having a small outdoor gathering for Halloween and this would be perfect to serve. Thank you for this fun and unique recipe
Excellent Andrea, so glad you enjoy the recipe.
Holy cow. The match really brings it to life! I wouldn't have thought to use it, but what a great idea!
I'm so glad you enjoy the cocktail, Kerri.
OMG love this!! How clever and I love the use of matcha powder. I love matcha anything but never thought to use in cocktails. I reckon I'd be able to get some dry ice at my local service station. I'd do a kid friendly one too I think so they don't get left out!
Thank you so much Amy. Glad you enjoy the cocktail.
LOOOOVE that this only needs 3 quick and common ingredients! So simple to whip up for parties! And thank you a ton for sharing the link to the festive glasses, which absolutely make this so eye-popping, and also for the brilliant little idea with the dry ice!