No one will be disappointed with this festive Witches Brew Drink. This is a fun spooky green cocktail drink for our adult friends. It will most definitely take your celebration over the top. Only 3 ingredients are needed and you have a Halloween signature drink for your ghoulishly spooktacular celebration.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Halloween isn’t just for the kids. Adults, need a little festivity also. This tasty Witches Brew drink is full of flavor and such a fun cocktail. We use matcha powder to give us a bright green tone to the drink.
- There is no trick to this cocktail treat. It’s a simple yet delicious Halloween cocktail that will make a perfect signature drink for your All Souls Day celebration. Get your festive glassware out and make a big batch of this brew for your next party.
- Matcha powder: easy to find in the health food section of your grocer or via Amazon
- Cream Soda: gives a nice balance of flavor and fizz.
- Vodka: plain vodka and use your favorite brand.
- Green Food Coloring: highly recommend for ghoulish flair. Use a veggie-based coloring for natural coloring. I have a link below to the one I use.
- Dry Ice: Not essential but such a fun addition to the cocktail.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Mixing Bowl
- Glasses: These glasses are festive.
- Skeleton Drink Dispenser Stand: I love this stand and it is great for parties.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: In a large mixing bowl, mix matcha, root beer, and vodka. Once blended, mix in the green food coloring.
Step 2: Transfer the drink to a pitcher, punch bowl, or glasses. Add the dry ice, see Note 2, and serve your spooky beverage.
The leftover beverage can be kept in a pitcher the refrigerator for up to 12 days.
Expert Tip: If using dry ice, be sure to wear gloves. Do not touch dry ice with bare hands.
- Add the dry ice to the bowl or glass.
- Let the dry ice dissolve completely before drinking the cocktail. Never, ever ingest dry ice. Let it dissolve completely before drinking the cocktail.
Frequently Asked Questions
Green food coloring.
Sure. Do not add vodka. A splash of lemon lime soda would be festive.
If you do not have dry ice available, use ice cubes.
Matcha is the key to this super delicious beverage. It adds a nice flavor to the cream soda. The kick is from the vodka. Thus this is an adult beverage only.
Be sure and get some dry ice to give your family and friends the smoky experience for Halloween fun!
Dry ice puts this cocktail over the top ghoulishly fun. I was able to get some at a local ice distributor. After checking around, many grocery stores including some Walmarts carry it. Definitely try and get some for your All Hallows Eve extravaganza.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
Halloween Witches Brew Cocktail
- In a large mixing bowl, add matcha powder, cream soda, and vodka. Whisk to blend the matcha powder so it is well blended. If you have any clumps, use a spoon to smash them out.
- If using the green food coloring, add 2 drops at a time, mix well. Continue adding the food coloring until desired color is reached.
- Transfer the drink to a pitcher, punch bowl, or glasses. Add the dry ice, see Note 2, and serve your spooky beverage.