Enjoy Monster Eye Cookies, these are the most flavorful cookies. They are delicious homemade cookies that are so buttery and creamy. They are decorated with the cutest little eye candies for a festive Halloween treat that are so festive and everyone loves them.
“This post and recipe was created for #HalloweenTreatsWeek! I was sent samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Monster eye cookies are another recipe for Halloween Treats Week. I hope you try my Boolicious Chocolate Covered Fruit, which are delicious and I’m always happy getting in some fruit on Halloween. Our Spooky Bloody Finger Cupcakes are great for a fun dessert.
Be sure to check out the giveaway and all the recipes at the end of today’s recipe!
Monster Eye Cookie Ingredients
- sugar – Dixie Crystals, my go-to sugar
- vanilla extract – Adams Extract
- all-purpose flour
- baking soda
- decorative candy eyes – Wilton decorative eyes are my go to decorative candy eyes.
- food coloring or gel – Adams Extract gels work very well for these monster cookies.
Monster Eye Cookies
If you have been following along, I am not a huge fan of Halloween. As a child, my Mom, who I love thought a costume consisted of hitting up my Dad’s closet for a shirt and dark makeup for our faces.
We never really knew what to say to people…”hobos” my Mom would smilingly say, tell everyone you are hobos. They will wish they were this creative!
Besides that, we weren’t allowed far from home, four houses down to trick or treat. Not a lot of candy for a kids treat basket.
Plus my family being Irish, Halloween is Samhain, and that’s a whole other story and its all about spirits and I always got the crap scared out of me, excuse my language.
But with my kids, I’ve learned to embrace Halloween and just go with the flow. These monster eye cookies are one of those creations I enjoy because they are fun and cute.
Monster Eye Cookies FAQs
How long do monster eye cookies keep once they are made?
These cookies last for about 4 days. Keep in a sealed plastic storage bag.
Can I freeze these cookies?
Yes. You can make them ahead and defrost when ready to eat. No longer than 3 months.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Edible Monster Eyes – perfect for this recipe as well as so many fun cupcakes and cookie recipes.
- Wilton Purple Gel – love this gel and use it a lot for baking.
- Adams Extract Food Coloring – a favorite food coloring, no added dye and works so well.
Checkout my store, Everyday Eileen I share all my favorite finds.
Tips for Making Monster Eye Cookies
- Use softened unsalted butter for the best results.
- When mixing the flour into the butter mixture, be patient, it takes a few minutes for the mixture to come together.
- Do not add the eyes to the cookies at the beginning of baking. They can melt.
- Add the eyes right at the end of baking.
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest.
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated.
Monster Eye Cookies
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- decorative edible eye
- food coloring purple, green, orange
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a medium bowl combine the all purpose flour, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
Mixing the Monster Eye Cookie
- In a medium bowl mix unsalted butter and sugar to blend ingredients.
- Add in the egg and vanilla. Continue to mix for another minute.
- Mix in the flour ingredients. Use aa low speed on mixer to combine.
- Continue to mix until mixture forms together about 3-4 minutes.
- Separate dough into 3 bowls.
- Color each piece of dough a different color using food coloring, purple, green, orange. Blend the color well into the dough.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls on a baking sheet.
- Either spray sheet with non-stick spray or use a non stick pad on baking tray.
- Place the dough on the baking sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Press dough down slightly.
- Bake about 8 -9 minutes till cookie is baked through
- Remove baking tray from oven.
- Quickly place eyes on the cookies to your preference 2-3 per cookie.
- Let cool completely and enjoy.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouseis giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- Crystal Lake Punch from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Poison Halloween Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktails from Love & Confections
- Spider Cider Cocktail from Who Needs A Cape?
- Fall Apple Cider Sangria from I am a Honey Bee
- Kid Friendly Wicked Witch Punch from Katie’s Cucina
Halloween Dips and Snacks
- Jack Skellington Dessert Cheese Ball from Big Bear’s Wife
- Ghostly S’mores and Caramel Dip from Our Good Life
- Halloween Muddy Buddies from Kelly Lynn’s Sweets an
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples from The Beard and The Baker
Halloween Cakes and Cookies
- Spooky Graveyard Layer Cake from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bloody Vampire Cake from 4 Sons R Us
- Halloween Pumpkin Spice Cinnamon Rolls from Pastry Chef Online
- Coffin Fondue Dippers from Jen Around the World
- Eye See You Bundt Cake from Cookaholic Wife
- Monster Eye Cookies from Everyday Eileen
- Gooey Halloween Brownie Cups from Desserts Required
- Ghost Hi Hat Cupcakes from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Vegan Pumpkin Cupcakes with Dark Chocolate Sprinkle Frosting from The Baking Fairy