Halloween Spooky Bloody Finger Cupcakes are an easy festive treat Halloween celebration. Everyone think you spent hours working on your cupcake toppers. They take just a few minutes to put together and you’ll have a not so tricky treat.
I shared with everyone our easy Boolicious Chocolate Covered Fruit the other day. They are delicious, enjoy!
As Halloween week continues, I decided to step a bit out of my comfort zone for a creepy cupcake. Why, my niece loves creepy and I took the challenge. I am sure some would say I could go creepier. However my friends, this is as creepy as I go and I am happy with the results.
Spooky Bloody Finger Cupcakes, A great Halloween topper
One of our sponsors for this week is Wilton, a fantastic company whose products I use all the time for baking. They sent us a ton of fun things to use for the week. I saw these edible fingers and knew I wanted to use them in some fashion.
Dixie Crystals has been a sponsor of a few events I have done, including Halloween Treats Week. They have given me a generous amount of confectioners sugar for this event. I did a little research and figured I can make edible blood with confectioner sugar.
Also Litehouse Foods generously sent us delicious caramel dip and chocolate sauce. Did you know chocolate sauce balanced the red in food coloring when you want to make edible blood? Well, now you know. Works like a charm.
So you see everything lined up for me to make a cupcake that won’t scare the pants off everyone but be a little spooky, thus we have a great Halloween topper with these bloody finger cupcakes
Spooky Bloody Finger Cupcakes
These cupcakes are absolutely delicious and so easy to make. I have grown to love baking over the years. If you haven’t made my strawberry lemonade cupcakes, please do. However, there is nothing wrong with using a box cake mix. Especially if you are working on lots of treats for a party or just don’t have a lot of time.
I’m sharing a little secret I do to a box mix that is simple and the cupcakes taste amazing. We use buttermilk a lot since I make Irish Soda Bread all the time. I always have it on hand and I use buttermilk in boxed cake mixes.
Between the buttermilk and 4 eggs, your box cake mix is jazzed up and so delicious. You’re family won’t know it isn’t from scratch, your welcome, enjoy.
Spooky Bloody Finger Cupcake ingredients
White Cupcake ingredients
- cake mix – for this recipe don’t stress, use a box mix and jazz it up.
- buttermilk my secret weapon for taking a box mix over the top.
- vegetable oil – use the amount written on the box. This has always worked for me so I stick with it.
- 3 eggs – I always use 3 eggs when I jazz up a box cake mix.
Vanilla Icing ingredients
- confectioners sugar – used for the icing as well as the edible blood
- butter – adds depth to the vanilla icing
- vanilla extract – adds flavor to the icing
- milk – thins out the icing
Edible Blood Ingredients
- confectioners sugar – gives texture to the “blood icing”
- red food coloring – adds color to the blood icing
- chocolate sauce – adds a deep color to the “blood”
- water – things out the edible blood.
Spooky Finger Cupcake FAQS
How far ahead can the Halloween topped cupcakes be made?
Feel free to make these a day ahead and keep covered until ready to serve.
Do these cupcakes have to be kept in the fridge?
Nope. These can be kept well covered. We use a cupcake holder to store our cupcakes.
Can I use store made frosting for these Halloween cupcake?
Absolutely. We use a box cake and jazz it up. It is totally fine to use a store made frosting.
SHOP THIS RECIPE
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Wilton Finger Decorative – they work great in the cupcakes and again, my niece loves them.
- Wilton Boo Cupcake liners – these are the liners I use, so cute.
- Adams Extract Food Red Food Color – love Adams extracts.
- Litehouse Chocolate Sauce – works like a charm and the chocolate sauce is delish.
Checkout my store, Everyday Eileen I share all my favorite finds.
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest.
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated.
Spooky Halloween Bloody Finger Cupcakes
How to make jazzed up cupcakes from a box mix
- 15.25 ounce white cake mix, box
- 1 cup buttermilk Note 1
- vegetable oil Note 2
- 3 large eggs
Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- 3 cups confectioners sugar Note 4
- 6 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract Note 4
- 2-3 Tablespoon milk Note 3
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 2 Tablespoons red food coloring Note 4
- 2 teaspoons chocolate sauce Note 4
- 3 boxes Wilton decorative fingers
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place 24 cupcake liners in cupcake baking trays. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl add cake mix, buttermilk. vegetable oil, and eggs.
- Use a hand mixer, mix for 30 seconds on low.
- Increase mixer speed to medium and mix at least 1 - 2 minutes to fully blend cupcake mix.
- Fill the cupcake liners 3/4ths the way full.
- Bake for 16- 18 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean of the center of the cupcake.
- Set cupcakes on a cooling rack to cool completely before frosting.
How to Make Creamy Vanilla Frosting
- In a medium size mixing bowl add confectioners sugar.
- Use a hand mixer on low to mix together.
- Add in vanilla extract and milk. Mix till smooth.
- Spread on cooled cupcakes.
How to make Edible Blood
- Add to a blender, confectioners sugar, water, and red food coloring, Mix well.
- Add in 1 teaspoon chocolate sauce. Mix well.
- If color is not rich enough, add another teaspoon of chocolate sauce.
- Use edible blood to drizzle on cupcakes.
How to decorate the Halloween Spooky Bloody Finger Cupcake
- Once cupcakes have cooled. Spread an equal amount of creamy vanilla icing on each cupcake.
- Add a spooky finger to each cupcake.
- Drizzle the edible icing on each cupcake.
- Serve and enjoy.
- Store in either a cupcake holder or well covered for up to 2 days.
Happy Halloween! It’s October which means it’s time for Spooky Season and this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek event! #HalloweenTreatsWeek is hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife & its a creepy and haunting week-long event is filled with some amazingly wicked Halloween treats, recipes and some frightfully fun giveaways.
“When witches go riding, and black cats are seen, the moon laughs and whispers ‘tis near Halloween.”
For the 2nd annual #HalloweenTreatsWeek event we have 41 fantastically talented bloggers that are sharing their favorite Halloween recipes throughout the week! There are going to be over 160 Halloween themed recipes shared during this year’s #HalloweenTreatsWeek and we can’t wait for you to see them all! Follow the hashtag #HalloweenTreatsWeek on social media and look at the bottom of each post to see all of the Halloween recipes that we’re sharing!
Plus, don’t forget that we have 6 (six) great giveaways for you this week thanks to our amazing sponsors!
Scroll down to take a look!
Prize #1 — Dixie Crystals is giving away a “Dinner and Dessert Set” – ONE 6-Quart Cook & Carry Programmable Slow Cooker, a Pyrex mixing bowl set plus some fun Dixie Crystals items like a Dixie Crystal Apron and Cookbook!
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including 4oz Adams Best, 1.5 oz Peppermint, 1.5oz Almond, 1 bottle vanilla cinnamon sugar, 1 bottle pumpkin pie spice
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Texturra 7-Piece Bakeware Set
Prize #4 — Sweets and Treats Shop is giving away a large baking box of goodies! Sweets and Treats will send one lucky winner a large assortment of sprinkles and lines and other samples of their products!
Prize #5 — Treat Street USA is giving away a set of Holiday Treat Decorations (1 Gummy Assortment, 1 Marshmallow Snowman, 1 Toy Solider and 1 Gingerbread Men)
Prize # 6– Litehouse is giving away the following: 1 Litehouse® Honeycrisp Apple Cider, 1 Litehouse® Old Fashioned Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Pumpkin Spice Caramel, 1 Litehouse® Butterscotch Caramel & 1 Litehouse® Chocolate Dip, Snack Packs
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from October 7th – October 13th at 11:59PM EST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 6 (six) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 6 (six) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #HalloweenTreatsWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop, Treat Street USA and Litehouse! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #HalloweenTreatsWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #HalloweenTreatsWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
- BloodShot Eyeball Chocolate Apple Slices from Big Bear’s Wife
- Halloween Sugar Cookie Bars from Fake Ginger
- Day of the Dead Mexican Hot Cocoa from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Gluten Free Graveyard Dirt Cake from Frugal & Fit
- Sugar Skull S’mores Cheesecake from Cookaholic Wife
- Jack Skellington Peanut Butter Cups from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- Hocus Pocus Potion from Jen Around the World
- Halloween Puppy Chow from Daily Dish Recipes
- Halloween Spooky Finger Cupcakes from Everyday Eileen
- Ghostly Halloween Brownie Cupcakes from Sweet Beginnings
- Halloween Chocolate Crack from Back To My Southern Roots
- Frosted Halloween Sheet Pan Cookies from Creative Southern Home
- Slime Lava Cakes from The Spiffy Cookie
- Monster Mash Halloween Edible Cookie Dough from Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Monster Macaron from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Dia de los Muertos Cake from Lemon Blossoms
- Ghoul’s Blood Cocktail from West Via Midwest
- Halloween Pretzel Owls from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Haunted Gingerbread House from The Redhead Baker
- Black Cat Brownies from Jonesin’ For Taste
- Frankenberry Berry Hand Pies from Sweet ReciPEAs
- Bat-tastic Caramel Apples from The Beard and The Baker
- Haunted House Cupcake Tower from Pint Sized Baker
- Halloween Mummy Pizza Toast from Katie’s Cucina
- Sanderson Sisters Cocktails from Love and Confections
- Ghostly Pumpkin Custards from My Sweet Zepol
- Cinnamon & Sugar Pretzel Bones from Savory Moments
- Halloween Candy Kabobs from Intelligent Domestications
- Halloween Hand Pies from A Blender Mom
- Halloween Dessert Board from Books n’ Cooks