I am so excited to share these festive Halloween Hocus Pocus Brownies based on the Hocus Pocus Spellbook. They will put you under their spell.
Decadently delicious, fudgy, and addictive! They are such a fun recipe to serve for your Halloween celebration.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Just a few ingredients for delicious Halloween brownies with very easy and festive decorations.
- The brownies travel well making them great for Halloween celebrations.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- All Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Granulated Sugar
- Corn Starch
- Olive Oil or vegetable oil
- Vanilla Extract
- Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- Chocolate Chips (I used milk chocolate chips)
- To decorate;
- sugar eyes
- black icing or melted dark chocolate.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Heat oven to 350ºF. Lightly spray an 8✕8-inch square metal baking pan with non-stick baking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper in the baking pan.
Step 2: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch, and baking soda.
Step 3: In a large bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
The egg mixture should be smooth as pictured below.
Step 4: Add cocoa powder, whisk until smooth and glossy, about 1 minute. Use a spatula to fold in the flour mixture into the egg and cocoa mixture until combined.
Step 5: Gently stir in chocolate chips. Scrape batter into prepared baking pan. Bake for 30-35 minutes. Put a toothpick into the center of the brownies and it should come out clean when baking is complete and the brownies are done baking.
Step 6: Let brownies cool completely before decorating with chocolate icing of your choice and the sugar eyes.
Keep the brownies in a covered airtight container. If they are not all eaten, they can be kept for up to 3-4 days.
Expert Tip: Be sure to let the brownies cool completely before decorating. Otherwise the chocolate will run and melt into the brownies.
- I find it best to slice the brownies and then decorate them.
Frequently Asked Questions
Of course. I will say, this recipe is quick and easy and the chocolate flavor is fabulous and well worth the few extra minutes to make these Halloween brownies from scratch.
Enjoy your Halloween celebration with some of our favorite festive treats.
For a fun dinner, try our Mummy Pizza with the tasty flavors of chicken, bacon, and ranch!
For snacking and sweet treats we have got some great ideas. Our easy Halloween Rice Krispie Treats are loaded with candy corn and sprinkles that are a treat for everyone.
We have fun Halloween cupcakes that use a box mix and have a delicious frosting.
Do you like spooky treats, try our Spooky Bloody Finger Cupcakes. They are scary and delicious!
For my over 21 friends, you have got to give our Witches Brew Cocktail a try. If you can get your hands on dry ice, what a presentation!
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Hocus Pocus Brownies
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray an 8✕8-inch square metal baking pan with non-stick baking spray. Place a piece of parchment paper in it.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cornstarch and baking soda.
- Use a large mixing bowl, whisk together sugar, oil, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Add cocoa powder, whisk until smooth and glossy, about 1 minute.
- Add flour mixture to cocoa mixture and mix, using a spatula, until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes.
- Let brownies cool completely before decorating with chocolate ganache and sugar eyes.
- Slice the brownies into 9 pieces. Drop a dot of black icing onto each brownie. Secure a candy eye to each spot.
- Based on your decorating preference, draw a chocolate line around each eye in the shape of a circle or diamond.
- Along one side of the brownie piece, draw a straight line with the chocolate and then a squiggly line next to it.
- Use our brownie decorations above to make your decorations.