From kids to adults, everyone will go wild for this yummy Mummy Pizza recipe at your Halloween party.
Everyone loves the combination of chicken, bacon, and ranch dressing, so we decided to combine the flavors to make these festive Pizza Mummies.
The bread is wrapped with refrigerated crescent rolls cut into strips to make the most adorable Halloween pizza.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- A festive and perfect Halloween dinner idea that is also so much fun.
- French bread pizza mummies are a quick dinner idea that's perfect during the Halloween season.
- This is an easy Halloween dinner recipe that is very affordable and can feed a crowd.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- French Bread
- Ranch dressing
- Cooked shredded chicken, make it in the Instant Pot, stovetop, or slow cooker. Leftover Rotisserie chicken is fine.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese
- Shredded cheddar cheese cooked bacon crumbled
- Scallions, also known as green onions
- 1 (8 count) can crescent rolls to make the mummy bandages.
- Black olive makes the mummy's eyes.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Preheat your oven to 350°F/177°C.
Step 2: Slice the french bread in half and then again slice each half horizontally to have 4 pieces. Place the bread on the baking sheet. Spread ¼ cup of the ranch dressing onto each of the bread slices.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, all the cheese, crumbled bacon, and scallions. Mix well.
Step 4: Evenly spread the chicken mixture on each piece of bread.
Step 5: Slice the crescent roll dough into thin strips. Place the crescent roll strips onto the pizzas to resemble mummies.
Step 6: For the eyes, place 2 sliced olives on each pizza at the top of the bread.
Step 7: Bake for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and the cheese melts. Serve your pizza mummies with more ranch for dipping.
Keep any leftovers in a covered airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days.
Reheat in the microwave, following the manufacturer's instructions.
To reheat in the oven, preheat the oven to 350°F/ 177°C. Place the pizza on a baking tray and heat in the preheated oven until warmed through, about 5-6 minutes.
Expert Tip: The mummy pizzas can be prepared ahead of time. Keep them covered with plastic wrap in the fridge until ready to cook. Spray the plastic wrap with non-stick spray so it doesn't stick to the pizza cheese.
We suggest using block cheese and shred the cheese by hand.
Pre-shredded cheese has a film on it that makes melting more difficult.
The extra effort is worth it.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use Italian bread, bagels, pita bread, or English muffins. Obviously cooking time will vary when using different doughs. I suggest you watch the progress of the cooking when using other bread bases.
None of the other variations will take very long to bake.
Use cooked shredded chicken. My family prefers chicken breasts but leftover chicken thighs can be used.
This is a great recipe to use leftover roasted chicken.
When it comes to pizza and adding sauce, less is always best. The sauce will absorb into the dough so for best results, do not over-sauce the bread.
- For variety, use a marinara sauce in lieu of ranch dressing as the base of the pizza.
- A whole wheat baguette or Italian bread can be used instead of French bread.
- Leftover Rotisserie chicken works very well for this pizza.
- For variety and looking for a ghoulishly "green base" basil pesto or kale pesto would both be excellent choices to add on top of the ranch dressing.
- For a snack, be sure to make our festive Halloween Rice Krispies. They are fun to make too.
- For a spooky treat, don't forget to make our Bloody Finger Cupcakes.
- These easy Halloween cupcakes use Oreo cookies to make the frosting! So much fun!
- This Graveyard Poke cake starts with a boxed cake mix and is the perfect dessert.
Similar recipe ideas
- Enjoy one of my popular Halloween recipes, Mummy Taco bread for your Halloween celebration.
- For the adults, over 21, how about a festive Witches Brew cocktail?
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Chicken Bacon Ranch Mummy Pizza
- 1 loaf French Bread Note 1
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
- 3 scallions, diced
- 1 (8) count can refrigerator crescent rolls
- 3 slices black olives
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Have a baking sheet ready to add the pizza.
- Slice the french bread in half. Then slice each half horizontally so you have 4 pieces. Spread ¼ cup of the ranch dressing onto each piece of bread.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together the cooked shredded chicken, both the shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheese, cooked crumbled bacon, and diced scallions until well combined.
- Place the chicken mixture on each piece of French bread evenly. Set aside.
- Slice your crescent roll dough into thin strips to make the mummy bandages. Place the crescent roll strips onto the pizzas to resemble mummies.
- Place 2 sliced olives for the eyes on each piece of bread.
- Place on the baking sheet and bake in the preheated oven for 15-18 minutes until golden brown and the cheese is melted.
- Serve with additional ranch dressing for dipping.