Every Halloween party needs these festive Halloween Rice Krispie Treats!
These are easy peasy gooey marshmallow treats with our festive Mummy Taco Bread for a festive Halloween party
- Butter helps the marshmallows melt smoothly. Feel free to substitute vegan butter for a non-dairy option.
- I use mini marshmallows because they melt easier and more smoothly than big marshmallows-- but feel free to use what you have on hand.
- Vanilla extract enhances the sweetness and flavor in the crispy rice treats.
- Rice Krispie cereal is a key ingredient in Rice Krispie treats! Make sure to use fresh cereal so it’s nice and crunchy.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- The cereal treats are super fun to create and will be a huge hit.
- They are great cut into squares or use cookie cutters to cut into festive shapes like ghosts and pumpkins.
- These are easy fun Halloween treats to make with the kids!
- Who doesn't love fun Halloween Rice Krispie treats?
- Salted Butter blends the flavors together. I normally use unsalted but for this recipe, use salted for additional flavor.
- Mini Marshmallows, they are easier to blend than the larger marshmallows.
- Pure vanilla extract adds flavor to the treats.
- Rice Krispie Cereal, the base of these yummy treats.
- Candy corn
- Halloween sprinkles, optional
- Non-stick cooking spray. We use butter flavor spray.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full recipe instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper. Spray the pan with non-stick spray.
Step 2: In a large pot, over low heat, melt butter.
Step 3: Then, add in the marshmallows and allow them to melt completely, stirring constantly so they don’t burn.
Step 4: Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract and the 4 cups rice krispies cereal.
Step 5: Transfer the Rice Krispies marshmallow mixture to the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer. Top with candy corn and sprinkles.
Step 6: Place another sheet of parchment paper ( or wax paper) on top and press down firmly to pack the Rice Krispies-- be careful, they will be hot!
Step 7: Set the Rice Krispies aside at room temperature to cool completely-- about 1 hour.
Step 8: Slice and enjoy!
Get a quick review of the recipe
These fun Halloween Rice Krispie treats can be kept in an airtight-covered container for up to 5 days.
Expert Tip: Mini marshmallows melt quickly which is why we use them for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Keep the treats in an airtight container. I have also found plastic storage bags work well. Be sure to release as much air as possible before sealing the bag.
Spray the pan with a non-stick-butter spray and you won't have an issue with the Rice Krispies sticking to the pan.
Since these are super easy to make, we do not recommend making them too far ahead of time. One day in advance for best results.
Substitute vegan butter for a non-dairy option.
Drizzle the rice crispy treats with melted white chocolate colored with orange food coloring and decorated sprinkles.
Put some candy eyes into the mix for decorations.
Use Halloween-themed cookie cutters and make pumpkin rice Krispie treats.
Orange Candy Melts and White Candy Melts also will work. Melt them in the microwave and drizzle on the treats.
Use black gel icing to make spider webs on the top of the treats.
Serve our tasty Chicken Bacon Ranch Mummy Bread, so simple and fun!
Festive cocktails are always fun for Halloween parties for the adults, try this fun Witches Brew, a fun vodka cocktail for the festivities.
These fun and easy Halloween cupcakes are great desserts to add to the sweet treats table.
For those who love a spooky treat, check out these Bloody Finger Cupcakes.
These Monster Eye Cookies are tasty cookies loved by all.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need. Don't forget that you can click on "add to collection" to save it to your own, private recipe box!
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Halloween Rice Krispy Treats
- Line an 8”x8” pan with parchment paper. Spray with non-stick butter spray and set aside.
- In a large pot set over low heat, melt the butter.
- Add in the marshmallows and allow them to melt completely, stirring constantly so they don’t burn. Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla and cereal to blend well.
- Transfer the rice Krispie mix to the prepared pan and spread it into an even layer.
- Top with candy corn and sprinkles.
- Place another sheet of parchment paper on top and press down firmly to pack the rice krispies-- be careful, they will be hot!
- Set the rice krispies aside at room temperature to cool completely-- about 1 hour. Slice and enjoy! Store in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days
- Slice and enjoy.