Slow Cooker Italian beef is an easy prep recipe that makes the most delicious, tender, and juicy beef, every time. They're perfect for busy weeknights or for feeding a crowd.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- These are the best Italian beef sandwiches because they are delicious, easy to make, with just a few ingredients.
- Crockpot Italian beef sandwiches are perfect for feeding a crowd or make-ahead lunches throughout the week.
- Italian beef is so easy to make in the slow cooker, you'll want to make them every week.
- Game days are perfect to make this easy dump slow cooker recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- sweet and hot salad peppers, undrained
- boneless chuck roast
- zesty Italian salad dressing mix
- Parmesan cheese, grated
- Italian sandwich rolls, French bread or hoagie buns are two other great choices for the buns.
- provolone cheese slices
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Place the chuck roast in the slow cooker. Pour the Italian dressing on top of the meat and place half the jar of salad peppers and half the juice from the jar into the crock pot. Reserve the rest of the peppers. The remainder of the juice can be discarded.
Step 2: Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours. When the meat is fork tender remove most of the juice from the slow cooker and shred your meat right in the slow cooker. Add the parmesan cheese and stir.
Step 3: Assemble the sandwiches. Place provolone cheese on the buns, then the meat and the reserved peppers. Serve and enjoy.
Store leftovers in a covered airtight container for up to three days in the refrigerator.
Make-Ahead Freezer Instructions: This is a great make-ahead meal. The recipe can be made and stored in a freezer-safe storage bag or container for up to 3 months. Defrost overnight and reheat in a large stockpot until warmed through.
👩🏻🍳 Eileen's Tips for Success
Expert Tip: If you are feeding kids, you might want to use only mild peppers like banana peppers.
📋 Frequently Asked Questions
Slow Cooker Italian beef sandwiches are best made with a chuck, bottom round, or rump roast.
A French dip is a thinly sliced beef braised in broth. Italian beef sandwiches are flavored with Italian dressing.
Italian beef sandwiches pair well with macaroni salad, cheesy potatoes, or your favorite side dish.
- Peppers: Make these Italian beef sandwiches spicy by using an all-hot pepper mix, like jalapenos. If you prefer a sweeter pepper, banana peppers are a great choice. Use sweet peppers instead of hot peppers for a milder Italian beef sandwich.
- Additional protein: Add sliced pepperoni to your sandwiches for extra flavor.
- Cheese: Top your sandwiches with your favorite cheese like mozzarella, provolone, or Swiss cheese.
- Bread: For crispy bread, butter and toast your buns before serving the sandwiches. French bread and hoagie rolls are two other great choices for the bread option for the sandwiches.
- Seasoning: Add Italian seasoning to your chuck roast for extra flavor. If you are in a hurry, an aus jus seasoning packet can be used for seasoning too.
🥣 Serving Suggestions
- These Spicy Baked Fries are healthy and flavorful and make a perfect side dish for these sandwiches.
- You can never go wrong with buttery and creamy Mashed Potatoes as a side dish for any meal.
- Wedge Salad is a simple no-cook recipe that is fresh, delicious, and healthy.
- For a veggie side dish, Roasted Asparagus with Lemon and Garlic would be delicious.
- Another simple side that would pair well with Italian beef is Roasted Broccoli. It takes just a few minutes to prepare too.
- Macaroni Salad is another great side dish.
- Shredded Italian beef is great to make quesadillas with some provolone cheese.
- Leftover beef can be made into enchiladas, nachos, and breakfast burritos. So many possibilities.
🍽 Similar recipes
- Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwiches are perfect for busy weeknight dinners.
- Slow Cooker Coffee Rub Brisket makes for delicious sandwiches or bbq.
- Slow Cooker Mexican Shredded Beef is a great make-ahead meal for tacos, quesadillas and so much more.
- Do you love the Instant Pot, try this Instant Pot French Dip, super quick and tasty.
- Check out all our slow cooker recipes here.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Slow Cooker Italian Beef
- Place the chuck roast in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Pour the Italian dressing over the chuck roast. On top of the meat place half the jar of peppers and half the juice from the jar, reserve the rest of the peppers.
- Cover with lid and cook on low for 6 hours or high for 4 hours.
- When the meat is tender remove most of the juice from the slow cooker and shred your meat right in the slow cooker.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir.
- Assemble the sandwiches.
- Place provolone cheese on the buns, then the meat and the reserved peppers.
- Serve and enjoy.