Wedge Salad Recipe, this is a crazy easy recipe with simple and classic ingredients. It calls for crunchy iceberg lettuce, savory bacon, and crunchy tomatoes. Topped with a homemade blue cheese dressing made with lighter ingredients for a flavor-packed bowl of yum.
Why the Wedge Salad?
The classics will never go away because they are delicious. This wedge salad is loaded with fresh ingredients and topped with a fantastic homemade dressing.
It's a great salad to serve for lunch, light dinner, or a party salad. Set them up and add the dressing right before serving.
How do you cut lettuce for a Wedge Salad
- Cut the lettuce head down the center.
- Then cut each half into a wedge to make 4 wedges.
Can I use another type of lettuce than iceberg?
Iceberg is the best lettuce for a classic wedge recipe.
Will using a knife to cut the lettuce make it brown?
Nope. The knife cuts into the lettuce will not turn the lettuce brown.
Variations to the Wedge Salad Recipe
- Add in 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- Chop avocado and distribute it on the salads.
- Rinse and drain a can of chickpeas and distribute them on the salads.
- Center cut bacon is lean. Turkey bacon can be used
How far in advance can I make the salad?
The salad can be prepped in the morning. When ready to serve put all the ingredients on the salad and drizzle the dressing on the salad and serve.
I love Brianne from Cupcake and Kale, Strawberry Avocado Spinach Salad that is packed with flavor.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you so very much for being apart of Everyday Eileen!
- Salad Spinner: this is my favorite spinner, reliable and works well.
- White Serving Plates: Great plates for serving salads.
Enjoy our store where we share great finds for not just cooking, I hope you check it out here, Everyday Eileen.
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
We hope you enjoy the recipe. Giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated.
Easy Classic Wedge Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped Note 1
- ½ medium red onion, peeled and diced
- 4 slices center-cut bacon. cooked and diced Note 2
- ½ -1 cup homemade blue cheese dressing store-bought dressing can be used
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- black pepper, to taste
- Cut the iceberg lettuce into 4 equal wedges. Place the wedges on 4 plates
- Place the wedges on 4 plates.
- Evenly sprinkle the tomatoes, red onion, and bacon on the lettuce wedges.
- Drizzle the blue cheese dressing on each wedge.
- Distribute the blue cheese crumbles on the wedges.
- Sprinkle pepper on the wedges and serve.