Classic Macaroni Salad is the most popular salad at summer barbecues! I make a low-fat and low-calorie, lighter homemade macaroni salad full of flavor and loads of veggies. I use low-fat mayo and low-fat sour cream to make a delicious dressing for the Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad!
Macaroni salad is a personal favorite! However, it must be homemade! I cannot eat store-bought, loaded with mayo, macaroni salad! Thus,I give you, my Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad ! I have a few variations of my macaroni salad. This is my original homemade macaroni salad, lightened up! I use a ton of peppers, light mayo and low-fat sour cream! Easy – peasy, a family favorite!
I decided to share my mac salad after I had made this macaroni salad for a friend! She had never made homemade macaroni salad! Yikes, I know, holy cow! My macaroni salad is so easy to prepare! So much better than store-bought. I use low-fat ingredients and load up on veggies in the salad. Perfect for family gatherings, Fourth of July, BBQ’s, and great for tailgating! A great way to enjoy a macaroni salad with low-fat ingredients.
Planning a BBQ, make this delicious Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad! Need some ideas to go along with this :
- Apricot Glazed Grilled Chicken
- Spicy Chicken Wings
- Slow Cooker Pork Carnitas
- Blueberry Chipotle BBQ Baby Back Ribs
Having a brunch, make Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad and pair with:
- Apricot Bourbon Maple Glazed Ham
- Healthy Vegetable Egg Muffin Cups
- Coconut – Cucumber Splash
- How To Make The Perfect Bloody Mary
- Lightened Up Mac and Cheese
SHARE YOUR PICTURES OF ANY OF MY RECIPES ON INSTAGRAM! USE #everydayeileen AND I LOVE TO SEE AND SHARE YOUR PHOTOS ON INSTAGRAM!!
SAVE THIS RECIPE TO YOUR FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! I HOPE YOU FOLLOW ME ON PINTEREST! I’M ALWAYS PINNING FROM TALENTED AND AMAZING BLOGGERS!
SUBSCRIBE TO MY NEWSLETTER TO NEVER MISS A RECIPE!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Lighter Homemade Macaroni Salad
- 1 pound pasta
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon White wine vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 large orange pepper, seeded and finely diced
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and diced
- Cook the pasta according to the package. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine and mix low-fat mayo, low-fat sour cream, Dijon mustard,white wine vinegar, and season with salt and pepper.
- Add to the bowl, cooked pasta, peppers, and carrots. Mix to combine all ingredients. Check seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Feel free to use fat-free Greek yogurt in lieu of the sour cream.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes.