Pea Salad with Bacon is the perfect dish to take to any potluck or picnic. It's light, healthy, and full of flavor. Packed with peas, onion, cheddar cheese, and dill, this recipe will be your new favorite go-to for summer salads!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This is a classic salad that is perfect for potlucks, family gatherings, bbqs.
- Pea Salad with Bacon will be a family favorite that's a perfect side dish for any dinner.
- It takes just minutes to assemble the simple ingredients.
- Frozen Peas
- Cheddar Cheese Cubes
- Bacon Bits
- Red Onion Slivers
- Sour Cream
- Apple Cider Vinegar
- Black Pepper
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Place peas in a large bowl. Thaw the peas by gently running cold water over the peas.
- Sliver a red onion and cube a block of cheddar, or buy it already cubed.
- Add the ingredients to the bowl of peas and gently fold them over each other until they have mixed thoroughly.
- Spoon onto your plate with all of the other goodies and enjoy!
Leftovers can be kept in an airtight covered container for up to 5 days in the refrigerator.
We do not recommend freezing this salad as it has dairy ingredients and it is best not to freeze those ingredients.
Expert Tip: Frozen peas defrost quickly and work perfectly for this recipe.
Frequently Asked Questions
Frozen peas work well and are just as good as fresh.
Run cold water over the frozen peans to defrost them and they stay whole and are easy to use for this salad.
Frozen peas are a great vegetable loaded with nutrients and vitamins. They are loaded with protein, vitamins, and minerals. If you love to grow vegetables, peas are super easy to grow in a vegetable garden.
If you are following a keto diet, you cannot have peas.
Try our Cauliflower Tabbouleh recipe. It is keto and delicious for everyone.
Absolutely, I make this salad the evening before and keep in the refrigerator in a covered airtight container until ready to serve.
This way the flavors blend together.
Sure, this is a very flexible salad. Hard-boiled eggs would be a delicious addition. Just chop them up and add them to the pea salad.
- Add in shredded chicken to make a full meal.
- Turkey bacon can be used.
- You can use miracle whip in lieu of mayonnaise.
- Shallots or yellow onions can be used in the salad
Serve along with a Juicy Lucy Burger for a tasty barbeque dinner.
Grilled Mexican Pork Chops would be a delicious pairing with this salad.
Zucchini Sliders are low carb and are a fun food everyone loves.
A holiday table with Maple Glazed Ham would be great with the addition of this bacon pea salad.
Our bacon potato salad would be another tasty side dish.
Tuscan bean salad is a quick no-cooking needed side dish you will enjoy.
If you're having a summer party, add our Red, White, and Blue Cake for a delicious patriotic dessert.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Easy Pea Salad Recipe
- In a large mixing bowl add the defrosted peas, slivered red onion, cheddar cheese, bacon, mayonnaise, sour cream, apple cider vinegar, dried dill, salt, and black pepper.
- Gently fold ingredients together until combined.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or plastic wrap and let chill for at least an hour up to overnight, before serving