I know that I'm not the only one out there who loves Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs. It's just so easy! No babysitting a pot of water on the stove, no peeling under cold running water. Here's how to make perfect hard-boiled eggs every time using your Instant Pot.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This easy recipe gives you perfect hard boiled eggs every single time.
- This recipe is a great way to meal prep a quick breakfast or high protein snack.
- No need to wait on a pot of water to boil, the Instant Pot does all the work.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- large eggs
- water plus extra for the ice bowlice cubes
- 6 quart Instant Pot
- mixing bowl
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Wash and dry your eggs, if desired. Place the steamer basket or a silicone egg rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. See Note
- Place the eggs in one layer, at the bottom of the pot, making sure to not stack eggs on top of each other.
- Place your Instant Pot on manual/high pressure and set the timer for 5 minutes. It will take about 5 minutes to pressurize and then it will start the 5-minute cooking countdown.
- Let the pot naturally release for 5 minutes, then do a quick release to release the remaining pressure. Remove eggs once the release is complete.
- Make an ice bath by filling a large bowl big enough to hold the eggs, with water and some ice.
- Immediately remove the eggs from the Instant Pot into the ice bath. Leave eggs in the ice water for 10 minutes.
- Remove, peel the shell and enjoy.
Store these eggs in a covered airtight container in the fridge for up to one week. Be sure to dry them off before storing them.
Expert Tip: Farm fresh eggs do not peel well, no matter what. So, be aware that they might give you issues, even if you try these techniques.
- The actual cooking time is only 5 minutes, but it will take time to pressurize before cooking starts, and you have the release after it cooks, which also takes more time. It’s truly 15 minutes for the full cooking time.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use room-temperature eggs.
The 5 5 5 method for eggs in the Instant Pot is a term used to describe the pressure cooking time for eggs. It is 5 minutes of high pressure with a natural release of 5 minutes and then a manual release of 5 minutes.
You can hard boil up to 13 eggs at one time in the Instant Pot. If you are cooking more than 13 eggs, you will need to do it in batches.
The cooking time for eggs in the Instant Pot is 5 minutes on high pressure. It will take about 5 minutes for the pot to come to pressure and then the 5-minute countdown will start.
Some people store their eggs with the peel on and some people store them with the peel off. It is up to you what you want to do. If you store them with the peel on the egg, they will last longer.
- Horseradish Deviled Eggs are a delicious appetizer, snack, or addition to any brunch menu and are easy when you use the Instant Pot to make the eggs!
- Make this Lightened Up Macaroni Salad more filling by adding hard-boiled eggs.
- If you are looking for a filling breakfast in a hurry serve these eggs along with this Instant Pot Oatmeal.
- Having a brunch, serve our Strawberry Iced Tea on the beverage table, a thirst quencher.
- Instant Pot Egg Bites is an easy way to enjoy a delicious breakfast favorite without a lot of work.
- Veggie Scrambled Eggs is one of my most popular recipes. Low-carb and so good.
- Breakfast Enchilada Casserole is another classic breakfast to enjoy!
- Breakfast Burritos are another delicious breakfast and a great make-ahead recipe.
- Egg Muffins are another morning treat and a great recipe with lots of variations.
Hard-boiled eggs are a great way to add protein to your diet. They are also a quick and easy snack that you can take with you on the go.
Instant Pot hard-boiled eggs are a great way to make them because they are cooked perfectly every time.
You don’t have to worry about boiling water or peeling under cold running water. Just follow these simple steps and you will have perfect hard-boiled eggs in no time.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Egg Recipe
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 12 large eggs Note 1
- 1 cup water plus extra for the ice bowl Note 2
- ice cubes Note 3
- Wash and dry your eggs. Place the steamer basket or a silicone egg rack in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot. Note 2
- Place the eggs in one layer, in the bottom of the pot, making sure to not stack eggs on top of each other.
- Place Instant Pot on manual/high pressure and set the timer for 5 minutes. It will take about 5 minutes to pressurize and then it will start the 5-minute cooking countdown.
- Let the pot naturally release for 5 minutes before manually releasing the pressure. Remove eggs once the release is complete.
- Fill a bowl big enough to hold the eggs, with water and some ice.
- Immediately place the eggs from the Instant Pot into the cold water. Leave eggs in the ice water for 10 minutes.
Leave a Reply