Juicy Lucy Burgers, man are they delicious! What’s a Juicy Lucy? Take a big bite out of your burger and you have a big surprise, cheesy goodness in the center of your burger! So delicious! A great burger that is just so tasty!
Summer Grilling is winding down and I hope you have enjoyed all the recipes and entered the giveaway!
Be sure to season your ground beef! We are loving The Spice House Seasoning! I used their Back of the Yards Seasoning for my Juicy Lucy Burgers!
I can’t say enough about the Hamilton Beach indoor grill! All my recipe testing for this summer grilling has been done on this grill. It was super easy to use and easy to clean. Very convenient! The Juicy Lucy Burgers in the photo were grilled on the Hamilton Beach indoor grill!
I used the BBQGuy grill thermometer to get the perfect temperature for my burgers! I have to say, no questions like” You think they are done” “Not sure, what do you think” Perfection every time!
Juicy Lucy Burgers (Stuffed Cheese Burgers)
I have been making stuffed cheese burgers for years! My family are major cheese fans! I can’t eat a burger without cheese! Seriously, can’t do it!
A few years ago, we were watching Food Network. I think it was Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives! They were interviewing a guy who was making burgers just like my stuffed cheeseburgers! He called them Juicy Lucy Burgers!
I just love that name and now my cheese stuffed burgers are Juicy Lucy Burgers! Doesn’t it just sound fun?
What spices do you add to your ground beef when make a Juicy Lucy Burger?
I have used straight up salt and pepper to season my beef. I now season with The Spice House, Back of the Yards! Absolutely great seasoning for your burger.
Can you prepare your burger meat ahead of time?
Absolutely! I prep the burgers, stuff them get them ready and keep them covered in the fridge overnight if necessary! If stacking raw burgers, use wax paper in between the burgers.
Can you freeze Juicy Lucy Burgers?
Yes! Get your burgers stuffed and they can be frozen while they are uncooked. Stack with wax pepper in between each burger.
The burgers can be kept about 3-4 months well sealed in freezer.
What is the best cheese to use for Juicy Lucy Burgers?
Any cheese works! I used Colby Jack cheese but any cheese works.
How long do you grill Juicy Lucy Burgers?
I used the BBQGuys mini grill thermometer which makes my grilling so easy. No guessing. However, if you haven’t gotten their meat thermometer, gauge doneness on
Medium Rare: internal temperature around 145 degrees.
Well done: 160 degree
What goes well with Juicy Lucy Burgers?
How Do You Make Juicy Lucy Burgers?
- Preheat grill to high. If using the Hamilton Beach grill, put it on sear.
- Season ground beef with Back of the Yards, from The Spice House!
- Form bottom patties. Make a well in the center of each patty.
- Place your cheese in the center of each patty.
- Form the top patty. Make it smaller than the bottom.
- Press and close the two patties. Ensure no cheese is out.
- Place burgers on grill. Reduce heat to 350. Cook burger to how you prefer.
- Serve with lettuce, tomatoes, pickle, the works!
Save this recipe to your FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! Follow me on PINTEREST for amazing recipes ideas, travel, and more!
Feel free to leave me any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Love this refreshing and tasty Lavender Lemonade, please give them a 5-star rating! It is super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Juicy Lucy Burger(Stuffed Burgers)
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 Tablespoons Back of the Yards Seasoning Note 1
- 5 ounces Colby Jack Cheese Note 2
- 4 hamburger rolls
- lettuce,tomatoes, ketchup optional
- Preheat grill to high, 425 degrees.
- Season the ground beef with the Back of the Yards Seasoning or the options in Note 1.
- Divide ground beef into 4 sections. Divide that ground beef into 2 sections. One larger than the other.
- For the bottom patty, press a well in the center to hold the cheese. Place the cheese into the well. Place the second patty on top and close up the burger. Ensure the cheese is enclosed.
- Reduce heat on grill to 350 degrees.
- Add burgers to the grill. Cook to desired temperature.Top with your favorite toppings! Enjoy.
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
This week, we’re sharing the best grill recipes and celebrating the start of summer with an amazing giveaway, sponsored by BBQGuys, Farmer’s Pantry, Joy Jolt, The Spice House, and Torani. Learn more about our sponsors HERE.
Find Us on Pinterest
Enter the #SummerGrilling Giveaway!
Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway: Official Rules and Conditions for the #SummerGrilling Giveaway: One grand prize winner will receive a prize package including:
- iGrill Mini Grilling Thermometer from BBQGuys
- Case of Cornbread Crisps from Farmer’s Pantry
- Indoor Searing Grill from Hamilton Beach
- Stella High Ball Glassware from Joy Jolt
- Best Seller Collection from The Spice House
- 1 Year Supply of Syrups from Torani
- $100 via PayPal
Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 5/18/2019. Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!