The Best Chicken Parm Burger recipe takes the fabulous flavors of Chicken Parmesan and puts them into an amazing burger. These grilled chicken burgers are always a hit at our family BBQ’s! The ground chicken has fresh Parmesan cheese added as well as aromatic herbs to make a perfectly seasoned juicy burger!
Top these burgers with fresh basil, marinara sauce, and fresh mozzarella! These grilled chicken burgers bring the taste to the next level! Keto-friendly – to keep keto, use a lettuce or collard wrap in lieu of a ciabatta roll.
This burger has been created by me as part of an amazing #BurgerMonth event hosted by the amazing #GirlCarnivore, all opinions are my own.
I love grilled chicken burgers because they are healthy, low-calorie, and low-fat. These chicken parm burgers are flavored with parmesan cheese, spices, and Italian seasoning and they are super juicy!
Ground chicken burgers are not difficult to work with but you need to know they need added flavor. To make a great chicken burger, seasoning is an absolute necessity! My chicken parm burgers have the perfect combination of seasoning.
Top with marinara sauce, fresh basil, and melted mozzarella! everyone will come back for the recipe!
For these parmesan chicken burgers, freshly grated Parmesan and Italian seasoning are the perfect pairing to make a great Italian burger. Fresh Basil adds freshness and is a must add to these burgers
Grilled Chicken Parm Burgers:
What are the origins of Chicken Parmesan?
Chicken Parm is actually not Italian based. A dish from Middlesbrough, England called Parmo, fried chicken with a bechamel sauce is where it originated. I know, shocker right!
What type of chicken is used to make these burgers?
I only use chicken breasts but you can use thighs if you prefer dark meat. However, I buy boneless chicken breast and ground the meat in the food processor. Huge financial savings because boneless breasts are so much cheaper than buying ground chicken meat.
Can fresh ground chicken burgers be frozen for future use?
Absolutely! I always make a triple batch or so when I am making chicken burgers.
What side dishes pair well with these Chicken Parm burgers?
Looking for even more sides to go with these yummy Chicken Parm Burgers, here are a few more from my favorite food bloggers:
Pesto Broccoli Rice from My Sequined Life
Kale and Brussels Sprouts Salad from Pinch and Swirl
How do you freeze ground chicken burgers?
- Once you have formed the chicken patties place them on a baking sheet lined with wax paper.
- Place the tray in the freezer for about 15-20 minutes so the chicken burgers get firm.
- Remove the tray from the freezer.
- The chicken burgers can be stacked with wax paper in between each patty and placed in a freezer-safe bag. The bag should be labeled with the date and identifying that chicken parm burgers are in the freezer bag.
- When ready to cook the burgers. Remove from freezer.
- I have cooked them from the frozen state and also after defrosting the burgers.
- Personally, whatever is easier for you at the time of cooking will work.
- The internal temperature of the parmesan chicken burger should be 170 degrees.
How to Make The Best Grilled Chicken Parm Burger:
- Please save your money and buy boneless chicken breasts when they are on sale. So much more affordable than store-bought ground chicken.
- Using a food processor, chop the chicken into chunks and add to the processor. Pulse 4-5 times to break down the chicken.
- Remove the chicken to a bowl and add the seasonings and freshly shredded Parmesan cheese. Form into burgers and place the ground chicken burgers in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to firm up the burgers before grilling.
- Use either non-stick barbecue spray or olive oil to place on the grill grates. Pre-heat the grill to 400 degrees. Place the chicken parm burgers on the grill and reduce heat to medium, about 350 degrees. Cook the burgers for about 4 minutes, grill cover closed. Flip the burgers.
- Flip the ground chicken breast burgers. Add the marinara sauce and basil leaf.
- Top with fresh mozzarella. Grill another 4 minutes. The ciabatta roll can also be grilled at this time.
- Place the chicken parm burgers on the ciabatta bread and serve immediately. Enjoy!
When you make this juice chicken parmesan burgers, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
The Best Chicken Parm Burger
How to Prepare Chicken Parm Burger
- 1 cup homemade marinara Store-bought can be used
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- 8 ounces sliced fresh mozzarella
- 4 ciabatta rolls
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and sliced in half
How to grind chicken breasts for burgers
- Cut the chicken breasts into 2-3 inch chunks. If any visible fat, remove and discard.
- Place the chicken in the base of a food processor with grating blade. Pulse to break up and grind chicken. Note 1
- Remove chicken from processor and place in a medium bowl. Add the parmesan cheese, Italian seasonings, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, ground fennel, and salt. Gently mix ingredients together.
- Place a piece of wax paper on a baking sheet. Using 4 ounces of chicken per patty, Form into round patties.
- Place the patties on the baking sheet and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
How to Grill Chicken Parm Burgers
- If using a grill, clean grill grates and spray with non-stick spray. or brush olive oil. Preheat grill to 400 degrees. Using a grill pan, heat over medium high heat and spray with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken parm burgers on the heated grill. Reduce heat to 350 degrees medium. Close grill. Let cook about 2 minutes. If desired open grill and move chicken to form criss cross grill marks, close grill and cook for another 3-4 minutes. (4 minutes total).
- Flip burgers, let cook another 2 minutes.
- Place 2 Tablespoons of Marinara Sauce on each chicken burger. Add a basil leaf or two and top with fresh mozzarella.
- Close grill cover and let cook another 4 minutes. The internal temperature of the chicken should be 165 degrees. Remove from grill and serve on ciabatta rolls.
To Prepare the Ciabatta Rolls
- Spread ½ teaspoon of olive oil on the inside of the rolls. Rub with the garlic clove.
- With 2 minutes left of cooking the chicken burgers, place the rolls, sliced side down on the second shelf of the grill. Let toast to your desired doneness.
- Serve the chicken parm burger on the toasted Ciabatta Roll. Enjoy!
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Pin these Tasty Grilled Chicken Parm Burgers to make any time: