Slow Cooker Moo Shu Pork is an easy dump and lets the slow cooker do the cooking, recipe! After making this, you will never want to order out for this meal!
My family loves Moo Shu Pork! What I do not love is ordering out for food! Besides the cost of feeding 6, who knows what preservatives are in the food! When I saw this recipe for Slow Cooker Moo Shu Pork, I did a happy dance!
The Hoisin Sauce is fabulous and it is gluten-free! It takes just a few minutes to prepare the sauce and spices with the pork and in a few hours, you have a delicious dinner ready! My family loved this so much and my youngest daughter prepared the ingredients the second time we had this for dinner. That’s how easy it is to prepare!
There Moo Shoo Pork gets complimented with this Asian coleslaw mix! We tried our Moo Shoo Pork Tortillas with both the stir-fried and cold coleslaw mix. We loved them both ways so please experiment and let me know if you have a preference!
hardest part of the entire recipe is to shred the cooked pork. That was just a few minutes and dinner was served!Usually, when I slow cook, I get the ingredients together and into the insert of the slow cooker the night before I am cooking. I keep them in the fridge and in the morning, I set up the timer and I am ready to get to work and let the slow cooker do its thing! So super easy!
LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS! WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Slow Cooker Moo Shu Pork
Moo Shoo Pork
- 2 pound boneless pork loin, cut in half, trim any fat
- 1 cup Hoisin Sauce gluten-free recipe below
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 onions, sliced thin
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 16 ounce coleslaw mix, package
- 3 Tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- tortillas or cooked rice, for serving
Hoisin Sauce - Gluten Free
- ¼ cup gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 Tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Asian hot sauce
- For the Hoisin Sauce -in a small bow, combine the gluten-free soy sauce, creamy peanut butter, honey, rice wine vinegar, sesame oil, Asian hot sauce.
- In a 4-6 quart slow cooker, add the pork and hoisin sauce, minced garlic, sliced green onion, and ginger.
- Toss the pork pieces in the sauce and spices to full cover.
- Cover and cook on low 8-9 hours, or until the pork can shred easily with a fork.
- In a large bowl, combine the coleslaw, vinegar, and sugar. ( Feel free to quickly stir-fry the slaw in a skillet, using medium heat, to blend flavors.
- Shred the pork with a fork.
- Serve in tortillas with some of the Asian slaw and Hoisin Sauce. Another option is over a bed of either white or brown rice. Garnish with sliced green onion.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes