It just isn’t the summer without Watermelon every which way! I have had watermelon shish kabob, watermelon caprese,sorbet, margarita’s…..but my favorite is Watermelon Mint Granita! Well – I am truly fond of the Watermelon Margarita – okay all of the above too! I am going to have to share those recipes shortly! Today, I am make this watermelon mint granita with obviously – watermelon!!!
I make a simple syrup which will make enough to keep the extras in the fridge for other things like adult cocktails, lemonade, and I have even used it to make citrus salad dressings. I promise again, I will be adding those recipes shortly! I will add, I keep the simple syrup in my fridge in a covered container. I don’t think it goes bad for a very long time but I will also say, once I make it – I generally use it up within two weeks. I am very resourceful and I generally have a cocktail which will include the simple syrup a few nights that week!! Just letting you know!
This is a very simple recipe and not much work involved to prep the ingredients. It really is just cutting about half watermelon and adding lemon, mint, and syrup. Blend them and freeze for a bit. Once its frozen, I use a fork, spoon is fine too, especially if the kids are helping. As you can see, I had my little helper Deirdre who was ready to have some of this watermelon mint granita with me! Love this kid!! We use martini glasses to serve this – the glasses are festive! However, whatever you have is fine for serving.
It’s so refreshing – both Deirdre and the watermelon – haha! I hope you all enjoy!
Watermelon Mint Granita
- 3 cups cubed watermelon
- 6 leaves chopped mint
- 1 lime juiced
- 2 Tbsp simple syrup recipe on my blog
- 12 whole mint leaves for garnish
- Combine the cubed watermelon, simple syrup, chopped mint, and lime into blender
- Blend well to combine all ingredients until smooth and place into the square pyrex pan.
- Cover the pyrex with plastic wrap and place in freezer for about 2 to 3 hours.
- Once set, use either a fork or spoon to scrape into martini glasses, add mint leaves for garnish and serve!!