Crab Stuffed Mushrooms are so easy to prepare and a perfect appetizer for any Holiday or family party! These are perfect to make ahead and pop in the oven to heat for your guests!
If I could live my life on appetizers, my world would be complete! I’m not kidding, I love appetizers! Any family celebration, I am the first to review what are we having as appetizers. On the list of appetizers, it is so difficult to say what is my favorite! It would be like someone asking, pick your favorite child! I can’t pick a favorite, but there have been times when I may prefer one more than another…because of many variables. You Moms and Dads know exactly what I mean! Okay, back to my yummy shrooms! These crab stuffed mushrooms are amazingly delicious and easy! I could eat them daily!
Nothing is easier than blending crab meat, cream cheese, and some spices to make a delicious stuffing for these mushrooms. I have gone back and forth between crab meat from my local fish store and canned crab meat. Don’t tell my lovely local fishmonger, the canned crab meat is just as delicious! These are one of those appetizers that get eaten quickly!
So to make your party easy, know that these crab stuffed mushrooms can be prepped ahead of time and popped into the oven for about 15 minutes and you have a crabby, cheese, mushroomy treat! Maybe mushroomy isn’t an actual word, but it works for this recipe! The combo of crab meat, low-fat cream cheese, red peppers, garlic, Old Bay seasonings makes for an amazing stuffing.
I hope you make these little bites of delight! They are fabulous! I also suggest you try my Spinach Artichoke Stuffed Mushrooms, oh my they are delicious!
I hope you like this recipe as much as my family! Please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family, and please continue connecting with me on Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter, Bloglovin, Google Plus ! Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
When you make one of my recipes, tag #everydayeileen on Instagram, so I can share with others!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Crab Stuffed Mushrooms
- 10 ounce package mushrooms about 15 small mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup shallots minced
- 1/3 cup red pepper diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 ounces low-fat cream cheese softened
- 6-8 ounce can crab meat drained
- 1/4 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- Optional topping:
- 3 Tablespoon Panko breadcrumb
- 1 teaspoon melted butted
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment paper or spray a baking sheet with non-stick spray.
- In a skillet, over medium heat, melt the unsalted butter.
- Add the shallots and red pepper. Saute for about 4 minutes. Onions become translucent and red pepper softens.
- Add the minced garlic for another minute.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- While onion/red pepper mix cools, clean the mushrooms. Wipe mushrooms with a paper towel. Remove the stems from the mushrooms and discard.
- In a bowl, combine the cooled onion/red pepper mix, add the softened low-fat cream cheese, Old Bay Seasoning, salt, and pepper - to taste. Mix well.
- Place about a teaspoonful of the mixture into each mushroom head. Place onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Continue until all mushrooms are full.
- Optional: Combine the Panko breadcrumb and melted butter and brush onto the tops of the mushrooms.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes. Mushrooms will be golden brown.
- I added the optional Panko/butter combo - my youngest loves the crunch. It is up to your taste buds. I just limit my carbs...age does that to me 🙂
- I alternate in my photos, some have the breadcrumb, so you can see the two different tops in the photos.
- I personally find canned crabmeat, drained works best for me and cost-effective.