Easy Sautéed Mushrooms with white wine sauce is one of the easiest side dishes to prepare. Healthy sauteed mushrooms are fantastic with so many recipes. In about 10 minutes, you will have the most amazing mushroom recipe. The mushrooms saute in butter and garlic. Then, the mushrooms are infused with white wine. This very easy side dish takes your meal to the next level of deliciousness!
I call this a side dish, however, my daughter many times eats these yummy sautéed mushrooms as her lunch. I used baby Bella mushroom but cremini. shiitake or a combo of these mushrooms are perfect in this recipe.
Ever eat a steak and say it just needs a little something. The steak probably needed these amazing mushrooms and white wine. These are my no-brainer darned delicious sautéed mushrooms because they really don’t need much thinking.
Mushrooms are seriously delicious! I top my steaks with sauteed mushrooms all the time. Portobello Mushroom Burger Recipe are one of my family's favorite meatless dinner that are always a hit!
Sautéed Mushroom FAQs:
How do you clean mushrooms before cooking or eating them?
Never wash mushrooms under water. They will get soggy. Best to use a moist paper towel or cloth and wipe the mushrooms clean.
Where should I store fresh mushrooms?
Mushrooms are best kept in the refrigerator until ready to use.
Can I use other herbs in these sautéed mushrooms?
Yes, feel free to change-up any herbs. Thyme, sage, and basil are great choices?
What foods can these healthy sauteed mushrooms be served as a side dish?
- a great Holiday side dish.
- Filet Mignon
- Prime Rib
- Roast Turkey
- Easy Slow Cooker French Dip Sandwich
- Grilled Citrus Chicken Kabobs
What are the health benefits of eating mushrooms?
This is a healthy mushroom recipe, in general, mushrooms are a great veggie to eat for weight loss. They are low in carbs, calories, fats, and high in fiber. Mushrooms also retain a lot of water which makes a person feel full and that makes these a great addition to your eating lifestyle.
How to make healthy easy sautéed mushrooms with white wine:
- Use button or crimini mushrooms, either already sliced or slice them thin. Mince garlic and a shallot.
- Heat the saute pan and add both unsalted butter and olive oil to the pan.
- Add the garlic and shallot to the pan and saute about 1 minute. The shallots start to become translucent.
- Add and saute the mushrooms, season with salt and pepper ( to taste) for 2 minutes to soften and begin to brown the mushrooms.
- Increase the heat to medium/high. To the saute pan, add the white wine and a splash or two of Worcestershire sauce. Put the lid on the saute pan and let the wine reduce and the flavors get absorbed into the mushroom, around 10 minutes.
- The mushrooms absorb the white wine. Add chopped parsley to the mushrooms. Check the seasoning and re-season if necessary.
Some other side dishes you may enjoy:
Enjoy these easy sautéed mushrooms with:
When you make these easy sautéed mushrooms, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Are you loving this Easy Sautéed Mushroom Recipe, giving it a 5-star rating is super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Easy Sauteed Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter, split into 2 ½ pieces
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small shallot, peeled and minced
- 1 pound button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced thin can use crimini or baby Bella
- ⅓ cup white wine
- 2 splashes Worcestershire Sauce
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 Tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped can use 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a medium saute pan, over medium heat add ½ teaspoon unsalted butter and olive oil to melt and hot enough that the butter is beginning to bubble. Add to the pan the garlic and shallot. Saute and stir for about 1 minute.
- Add the other ½ teaspoon unsalted butter to the saute pan. Add the sliced mushrooms and season with salt and pepper. Saute for about 1 minute. Add the white wine and Worcestershire Sauce, increase heat to medium-high. Cover the saute pan and let the flavors blend and the wine reduces about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the fresh parsley. Check seasoning, re-season if necessary. Add the chopped parsley and serve as a side dish.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size
Pin this recipe for Easy Sauteed Mushrooms to make any time:
Looking for a few more recipes that these sauteed mushrooms would be a great side with, check these recipes from a few of my favorites blogs:
Best Fillet Mignon Recipe with Garlic Herb Butter from Wholesome Yum
Crunchy Onion Burger from Kleinworth and Co.
Smothered Pork Chop from Courtney's Sweets