Gingersnap Cookies, another Holiday favorite cookie is crispy and easy to prepare! These tasty crispy gingersnaps take about 10 minutes to bake and they are always a hit!
This post is sponsored in conjunction with Christmas Cookies Week. I received product samples from sponsor companies to aid in the creation of the Christmas Cookies Week recipes. All opinions are mine alone.
As Christmas Cookie week continues, I knew when I began recipe planning that I wanted to share these amazing Gingersnap Cookies! My Gingersnap Cookies Recipe has been one that I have made since my oldest son, Matt.
He still loves these cookies as do the rest of the clan!
I hope you enter to win the great giveaways from our sponsors of Cookie Week! If you have not checked out my Chocolate Crinkle Cookies, please click through, they are delish!! PLus all the info on the Giveaway is on Monday’s post!
Gingersnap Cookies are a great cookie to make with the kids! It is an easy cookie to prepare.
FAQs about Gingersnap Cookies
These cookies use some of my favorite spices, ginger, cardamom, nutmeg, and allspice. The cookies are rolled and dipped into a cinnamon sugar mixture before baking.
Where did Gingersnaps originate?
Crispy Gingersnaps originated in Europe! They were made with molasses which was less expensive! The recipe and ingredients were brought to America when Europeans settled in America! The cookie has been a Holiday staple since! Many families have their own rendition of the recipe. Many make this a chewy cookie!
Gingersnaps are crispy! They literally snap, thus gingersnaps. They are a rolled cookie. Gingerbread cookies are thicker and they obviously are perfect for using cookie cutters.
Can gingersnap be frozen?
You bet! I place the baked cookies on a sheet pan in the freezer for about 30 minutes. They will be frozen enough to place in a freezer bag and they won’t stick together.
How to Make Gingersnap Cookies
- Sift flour, spices, and baking soda into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream butter until fluffy. Then add in sugar.
- Add in eggs and molasses.
- Fold in flour.
- Roll dough into small balls.
- Then roll into cinnamon sugar.
- Place onto lined baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake 10 minutes, let cool. Enjoy!
When you make one of my recipes, I love seeing and sharing it on Instagram!
LOVE SEEING AND SHARING YOUR CREATIONS! WHEN YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE, I’D LOVE TO SEE IT. TAG @EVERYDAY_EILEEN OR #EVERYDAY_EILEEN
I love any comments or questions, please leave below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME
Love these Gingersnap Cookies Recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Crispy Gingersnap Cookies
Crispy Gingersnap Cookies are flavorful and full of flavorful spices! These cookies are easy to prepare and ready in no time! A perfect addition to any Holiday cookie platter!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
Gingersnap Cookie Coating
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking tray with a Silpat or parchment paper. Set aside.
Into a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking soda, ginger, cloves, cinnamon, salt, and cardamom. Set aside.
Cream unsalted butter in a large bowl. Add in sugar. Blend together about 1-2 minutes.
Mix in egg, then molasses. Fold in the flour and mix to combine ingredients. Roll into one-inch balls. Place each dough ball into the cinnamon sugar coating. Then place onto the lined baking tray.
In a small bowl combine cinnamon and sugar.
Place the baking tray into the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Let cookies cool a minute or two before placing them on a cooling rack.
Note 1: These cookies are thin and crispy. Keep them in a well-sealed tin for about 1 1/2 weeks, if they last that long!
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
The full details of the giveaway and all sponsors are here!
#ChristmasCookiesWeek Wednesday Recipes
- Andes Mint Chocolate Brownies by Hardly A Goddess
- Best Snickerdoodle Cookies by Daily Dish Recipes
- Brownie Bites with Peppermint Buttercream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Brown Sugar Pecan Christmas Tree Cookies by Family Around The Table
- Chocolate Chip Vanilla Cookies by Faith, Hope, Love, & Luck Survive Despite a Whiskered Accomplice
- Chocolate Peppermint Thumbprints by The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Speckled Palmiers by Books n’ Cooks
- Eggnog Macarons by The Redhead Baker
- Ginger Crinkle Cookies by Bear & Bug Eats
- Gingersnap Cookies by Everyday Eileen
- Holiday Cut-Out Sugar Cookies by Corn, Beans, Pigs & Kids
- Iced Peppermint Cookies by Jonesin’ For Taste
- Irish Shortbread Cookies by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Kolache Cookies by Caroline’s Cooking
- Oatmeal Cranberry Walnut Cookies by Tip Garden
- Peppermint Patty Bars by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Purely Peppermint Shortbread by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Santa Sleigh Sugar Cookies by Girl Abroad
- Sweet Potato Pie Cookies by Kelly Lynn’s Sweets and Treats
- Turkish Baklava by House of Nash Eats
- Vegan Peppermint Bark Madeleines by The Baking Fairy
- Waffle Iron Cookies by Jolene’s Recipe Journal
Disclaimer: Thank you #ChristmasCookiesWeek sponsors: Adams Extract, Sprinkle Pop, YumGoggle and Silpat for providing the prizes free of charge. The #ChristmasCookiesWeek giveaway is open to U.S. residents, age 18 & up. All entries for the winner will be checked and verified. By entering you give the right to use your name and likeness. The number of entries received determines the odds of winning. Four (4) winners will be selected at random from entries received. The prize packages will be fulfilled by and sent directly from the giveaway sponsors. #ChristmasCookiesWeek bloggers are not responsible for the fulfillment or delivery of the prize packages. Bloggers hosting this giveaway and their immediate family members in their household are not eligible to enter or win the giveaway. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Twitter or any other social channel mentioned in the #ChristmasCookiesWeek posts or entry.