An easy and low-calorie, low-fat banana nut bread that is delicious and easy to prepare! Satisfies your sweet tooth without overloading calories! This is a perfect bread to use those over-ripe bananas!Jump to Recipe
I am so excited to share this yummy low-fat banana nut bread today! Why, because it is super moist, low in fat and calories, and easy to prepare! This is an easy to freeze bread as well! I recommend making an extra to keep in the freezer for a later day! This is a great way to stay on track with your calorie goals and still enjoy a sweet snack!
My family loves banana nut bread! I love to make them breads but I try to keep the calories and fat low, and still keep great flavor! The family has spoken, and this is a success! This is an often requested recipe by my family! This bread, with a cup of detox ginger green tea or cleansing cranberry tea is a perfect way to spend a few minutes relaxing! This is a great snack to add to a lunch box for the hubs and kids. Feel free to leave out the nuts for those with nut allergies! My daughter sits at a nut-free lunch table so I make her a bread without nuts to bring as her lunch snack!
After much experimenting, I have found using unbleached white whole wheat flour works great with this bread! I use one of my favorite sweeteners, turbinado sugar, to add the perfect sweetener along with the natural sweetness of the bananas! Again, those over-ripe bananas are absolutely perfect in this bread! I also add in low-fat buttermilk! The flavor combinations make a really delicious bread!
Well my tea kettle is boiling and my latest batch of this bread is just out of the oven! I am going to go take a wee break! Well not necessarily a break! I’m going to be writing some ideas for healthy recipes for the remainder of the month! If you have any suggestions or requests, send me a note! I am always up for creating a new recipe or recreating one to be healthier!
Don’t forget to pin this low-fat banana bread to your Pinterest board and follow me on Pinterest for more yummy recipes! I hope you follow me on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers!
Feel free to subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
When you make one of my recipes, tag your photo on on Instagram! Use #everydayeileen! I would love to share your pics!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Low-fat Banana Nut Bread
- 2 cups unbleached white whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 cup mashed banana usually 3 bananas
- ¼ cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9x5x2 loaf pan with non stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, baking soda, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a standing mixing bowl, or use a hand-held mixer and a large bow, cream together the egg and butter until light and fluffy. Add in the turbinado sugar and continue mixing until well combined. Add in, to combine, the mashed bananas and vanilla. Stop mixer.
- Use a wooden spoon or spatula to gently add in the flour mixture into the wet ingredients just until blended. Add in the walnuts.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Bake in center of oven for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into center of loaf comes out clean.
- Let the bread cool at least 5 minutes in the loaf pan. Turn bread out from loaf pan onto a cooling rack. Continue to let cool completely before cutting