Strawberries lemonade cupcakes scream summer fun! What better way to celebrate summer than to combine two summer hits and make strawberry lemonade cupcakes.
Our cupcakes are full of fresh strawberries and topped with a tangy lemon buttercream. They are the fluffiest and tastiest cupcakes!
You may want to make a double batch because these go fast!
“This post and recipe is part of #SummerDessertWeek! I was given samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
As we wind down summer dessert week, I realize that strawberries are a favorite of mine! The week began with No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake.It’s such a good cheesecake! I hope you check it out!
A Day at the Beach Cake was next! A fun and festive beach cake that you can go crazy with your imagination to decorate.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
Today, I am sharing one of my kids’ favorite desserts, Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes.
There is both strawberry puree and fresh strawberries in the batter. The family loves the fresh double dose of fresh strawberries!
The strawberry cupcakes are topped with the most decadent and delicious lemon buttercream frosting. The lemon flavor is not overpowering pucker power. The buttercream has the perfect amount of lemon.
The combo of strawberry and lemon make the most enjoyable strawberry lemonade cupcakes ever!
The cupcakes are perfect for any summer party, picnic, baby and bridal showers.
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes FAQs
To make these yummy cupcakes, I used Sweets & Treats cupcake liners. They have the cutest baking accessories. The yellow striped straws bring home the strawberry lemonade theme of the cupcakes too!
Dixie Crystals Sugar is my go-to sugar for baking.
Adam’s Extract has fantastic flavor and I use it all the time. Their vanilla extract went into the batter. Adams lemon extract adds the perfect amount lemon to the buttercream.
Can I make the cupcakes ahead of time?
The cupcakes can be made one day ahead of time. Morning of serving is best.
Can frozen strawberries be used for these cupcakes?
Defrost the strawberries first. Add the juice to the puree.
Will the strawberry lemonade cupcakes freeze well?
The cupcakes can be frozen before frosting. Wrap the cupcakes in plastic wrap and place in freezer safe bags. They can stay in freezer up to 3 months.
How do I store the cupcakes until ready to eat?
Keep covered in the fridge until ready to serve.
Pro Tips for the Best Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- Be sure to have soften the butter for both batter and frosting.
- Don’t overmix when adding in the flour to ensure a fluffy cupcake
- Be sure cupcakes are completely cool before frosting.
- Use a scoop to fill cupcake liners for even cupcakes
- To check if cupcakes baked completely, use a toothpick to poke center of cupcake.
- The toothpick should come out clean.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen – It’s always great seeing your creations.
CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Love this recipe, please give them a 5-star rating! It is very much appreciated!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- 1 cup Dixie Crystals sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup strawberry puree (recipe below)
- 1 teaspoon Adam's vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced strawberries
Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- 3 cups confectioners sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon Adam's lemon extract
- 1/2 lemon, juiced Note 1
- 2-3 Tablespoons milk
- Sweets and Treats pink sprinkles
- strawberry and lemon wedge
- 10- 14 fresh strawberries, cut in half
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place 18 cupcake liners in cupcake tins, set aside.
Dry Ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- In a medium size bowl, sift flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
Wet ingredients for Strawberry Lemonade Cupcakes
- In a large bowl or electric mixer, beat sugar and butter until blended well.
- Add eggs, one at a time.
- Blend in vanilla extract and strawberry puree.
- Fold in half of the flour mixture into the wet ingredients to blend.
- Add in remaining flour mixture. into the strawberry mix to incorporate remaining flour mix.
- Fold in diced strawberries.
- Divide batter evenly between the cupcake liners.
- Bake for 15-24 minutes. Cupcakes are done when toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool completely before icing.
- Add cut strawberries into a blender and mix to puree. Use as directed.
Homemade Lemon Buttercream Frosting
- In a medium bowl, beat confectioner sugar and butter until mixed.
- Add in lemon extract, lemon juice, and 2 Tablespoons milk. Blend until smooth. Add another Tablespoon of milk if needed for consistency to decorate cupcakes. Note 2
- Decorate cupcakes using your favorite decorating tip. Top with strawberries slices, lemon wedges and sprinkles.
- No decorating tip, use a knife to spread frosting on the cupcakes.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- No Churn Mango Ice Cream from Daily Dish Recipes
- Loaded Ice Cream Sandwich Dessert from Who Needs A Cape?
- Mudslide Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Strawberry Cream Ice Box Cake from Palatable Pastime
- No-Churn Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Rainbow Sherbet Layer Cake from Sweet ReciPEAS
No Bake Treats:
- Mermaid Cheesecake Marshmallow Dip from Big Bear’s Wife
- Orange Creamsicle No Bake Cheesecake from Jen Around the World
- Orange Creamsicle Crunch Bars from The Domestic Kitchen
- Blueberry Buckle from Pastry Chef Online
- Mermaid Cheesecake from 4 Sons R Us
- Pecan Pie Cheesecake Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Black Forest Cheesecake from Sweet Beginnings
- Blackberry Cobbler from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Cheesecake with Key Lime Stars and Orange Cream Mermaids from Our Good Life
- Triple Berry Biscuit Trifle with Honey Whipped Cream from Nik Snacks
- Turtle Trifle from Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- Summer Berry Trifle from Nancie’s Table