A Day at the Beach Cake is such a festive cake. It’s a great way to enjoy a delicious dessert and celebrate summer. Our cake celebrates everything we love about the beach, sun, and sand!
“This post and recipe is part of #SummerDessertWeek! I was given samples by some of the sponsor companies but as always opinions are 100% mine.”
Make a beach cake with the kids! This is such a fun cake. When it comes to decorating the cake, endless possibilities.
The cake is perfect for any summer party, birthday parties, and beach parties.
Summer Desserts Week is in full swing. Monday, I shared my No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake.
To keep the summer vibe going, today’s beach cake recipe is a perfect addition to the week!
We spend most of our summer at the beach. Nothing is better than sitting in the sun watching the kids jump the ocean waves. Celebrate summer fun with this tasty cake! For a great activity with the kids, get the kids involved in decorating your cake.
Being Summer Dessert Week and some amazing treats from Wilton, I knew a beach cake would be made for this week. Adam’s Extract is used in making the Vanilla Frosting that is tinted blue to make the sea. Sweets & Treats Boutique sprinkles add great sparkle to the cake.
How do I store the cake?
Until ready to serve the cake, keep the cake in a cake storage box.
How far in advance can I make the cake?
I prefer to make the cake early in the day.
Can store made icing be used for the frosting?
I prefer to use homemade frosting. By all means, a store made icing can be used.
Some of my other favorite baked treats you may enjoy:
Autumn Sprinkle Cake Pops: great cake pops decorated for Autumn.
Lemon Yogurt Cake – one of my favorite cakes ever!
Coconut Oil Brownies – a very popular recipe.
Baked Apple Cider Donuts – if you haven’t made these tasty treats, get going!
Beach Cake Ingredients
- Use either a vanilla or yellow cake mix for this recipe. You can give the cake batter a tint of blue with food coloring.
- Top the cake with homemade vanilla cream icing that has been tinted blue.
- Get creative with your icing and decorating. Make some waves by swirling the icing with a knife or spoon.
- Use crushed graham crackers for the sand!
- Sweets and Treats sprinkles add sparkle to the ocean.
- Teddy Grahams make great “people” relaxing on the beach.
- Swedish fish can swim in the ocean.
- Sugar fruit roll are beach towels.
- Life Savers are beach floats
- Drink Umbrellas are beach umbrellas
How to decorate a great Beach Cake
- Prepare cake mix and add blue food coloring to batter if tinting cake.
- Bake cake according to directions and let it cool.
How to Make Vanilla Frosting
- Beat the powdered sugar and butter.
- Add in the vanilla and milk.
- Mix the frosting until smooth.
- Remove about 2-3 Tablespoons of the icing. Keep it white to add into the sea.
- Tint the icing blue.
- Cover cake with the icing.
- Make scrolls for waves.
- Add some of the white into the blue for white caps.
- Crush graham cracker to make sand.
- Place the crushed graham crackers on 1/3 of the cake to make a beach.
- Decorate the cake with your Teddy Grahams, candy beach towels, etc.
This post contains affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com.
Checkout my Amazon store, Everyday Eileen we update it regularly with great finds!
Pin to make later:
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen – It’s always great seeing your creations.
CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Love this recipe, please give them a 5-star rating! It is very much appreciated!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
A Day at the Beach Cake
- 15.0 ounce Vanilla cake mix plus ingredients required to make cake Note 1
- 3-4 drops blue food coloring, optional use if you want to color cake blue
- 5 1/2 cups confectioners sugar
- 2/3 cup salted butter, cut into cubes and softened
- 2 teaspoons Adam's vanilla extract
- 3 Tablespoons milk
- 5-6 drops blue food coloring
Beach Cake Decorations
- 9 graham crackers, ground into crumbs beach sand
- 5-6 graham cracker teddy bears people on the beach
- 1 Tablespoon Sweets & Treats Boutique blue and green sprinkles
- 2-3 life saver beach floats
- 2-4 fruit rolls beach towels
- 4-5 Swedish fish ocean fish
- 2 tiki drink umbrella beach umbrellas
Bake the cake
- Follow directions on cake mix. If you want the cake to be blue, add food coloring to batter before baking the cake.
- Let cake cool completely before decorating.
How to make Vanilla Frosting
- In a large bowl add confectioners sugar and butter.
- Use a hand mixer on low setting to beat sugar/butter. Mixture will begin to blend.
- Add in the vanilla extract and milk.
- Continue to mix until frosting is smooth.
- Set aside about 2 Tablespoons of the white frosting to be used to add white caps to the ocean frosting.
- To the large bowl of frosting, add blue food coloring and mix well.
How to Decorate a Beach Cake
- Frost the cake with the blue frosting.
- Add some of the white to the ocean side of cake to add white caps to the "wave"
- Add the ground graham cracker to one side of the cake. About 1/3 of the cake should be the beach.
- Add Swedish fish into the ocean.
- Use life savers and some of the white frosting to adhere the teddy bears onto the life savers. Place them in by the edge of the sand. The bears will appear to be on beach floats.
- Set the tiki umbrellas up.
- Put the fruit rolls under the umbrellas as the "beach blankets"
- Lay the teddy graham bears on the fruit rolls
- Spread the sprinkles on the the ocean of the cake.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
Welcome to the 3rd Annual #SummerDessertWeek event hosted by Angie from Big Bear’s Wife. This week-long summer time event is filled with some down right amazing sweet recipes from fantastic bloggers and we’ve got some great giveaways from our generous sponsors for y’all too!! We can’t wait to share all of these summer-themed desserts with you and celebrate sweet, sweet summertime all week long!
There are 45 incredible bloggers participating in this year’s #SummerDessertWeek event! Thanks to those bloggers, we have over 168 summer time sweet treat recipes being shared this week! Grab a few recipes to try out and don’t forget to enter the giveaway below!
Scroll down to take a look!
Dixie Crystals is giving away one (1)Keurig® K-Select® Coffee Maker
Prize #2 — Adam’s Extract is giving away – 1 Gift Pack – including Adams Poundcake Kit, Adams Best, Adams Lemon Extract, Adams Natural Food Color, and Adams Cinnamon Sugar
Prize #3 —Wilton is giving away a Wilton Gift Pack – including – Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 13 x 9 -inch Oblong Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Square Cake Pan, Bake and Bring Geometric Print Non-Stick 8-inch Round Cake Pan, Peach Cobbler Candy Melts Candy, Blueberry Lemonade Candy Melts Candy, Orange Crème Candy Melts Candy, Key Lime Pie Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Orange Crème Decorating Icing Pouch with Tips, Pop Art Triangle and Solid Cupcake Liners, Geometric Print and Solid Green Cupcake Liners, Balloon Dog Icing Decorations, Assorted Brights and Pastels Sprinkles, Blue Sprinkles Tackle Box, Coral Sprinkles Tackle Box, DIY-Lish Mermaid Kit, DIY-Lish Candy Lollipop Kit and Disposable Decorating Bags with 1M Tips
Prize #4 — Sweets & Treats Boutique is giving away 1 (one) baking supply box including an assortment of sprinkles and cupcake liners as well as one of Love From The Oven’s recent cookbooks!
Prize #5 — Anolon is giving one (1) winner an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Round Springform Pan & an Anolon Advanced Graphite 9″ Square Springform Pan
Giveaway open to US Residents 18 years or older. All entries will be verified. No PO Boxes Please. Prizes will be sent directly from sponsors to winners, bloggers are not responsible for prizes. This giveaway runs from July 7th – July 14th at 12AMEST. Winners will be selected soon afterward and contacted by e-mail. Winners will have 48 hours to respond or a new winner will be chosen. There are a total of 5 (five) prizes and therefore we will have a total of 5 (five) winners. No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited by law.
Disclaimer: These posts and recipes are part of the week-long event, #SummerDessertWeek but all opinions are 100% mine! We would like to Thank our amazing sponsors: Dixie Crystals, Adam’s Extract, Wilton, Sweets and Treats Shop and Anolon ! These wonderful sponsors provided the prize packs for our giveaways and also sent samples and products to the #SummerDessertWeek bloggers to use in their recipes.
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Check out the amazing #SummerDessertWeek recipes from our bloggers today!
Ice Cream & Frozen Desserts:
- Brownie Ice Cream Sundaes from Desserts Required
- Strawberry Shortcake Ice Cream Bars from Family Around the Table
- Simple Watermelon Lime Garnita from Cheese Curd In Paradise
- No Churn Patriotic Funfetti Ice Cream from Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No Churn Lemonade Ice Cream from 4 Sons R Us
- Orange Julius Popsicles from A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Key Lime Pie-sicles from The Domestic Kitchen
- Lemon Meringue Pie from Palatable Pastime
- Mississippi Mud Pie from For the Love of Food
Sweet Summertime Cakes and Cupcakes:
- Pineapple Coconut Milkshakes from Daily Dish Recipes
- Brown Sugar Cinnamon Pound Cake from Pastry Chef Online
- Beach Cake from Everyday Eileen
No Bake Treats:
- Banana Split Eclair Dessert from Big Bear’s Wife
- Lemon Lavender Scones from Jen Around the World
- Frosted Cookie Bars from Miss in the Kitchen
- Easy Raspberry Lemon Crumble Bars from Who Needs A Cape?
- Peach and Nectarine Torte with Almond Whipped Cream from Nancie’s Table
- Cookie Bars from Back To My Southern Roots
- Bomb Pop Cheesecake Cups from Sweet ReciPEAS
- Mini Raspberry Cheesecakes from Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Coconut Congo Squares from Love and Confections
- Orange Creamsicle Truffles from Sweet Beginnings