Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs are a delicious appetizer, game day snack, or dinner served with rice. The homemade meatballs are cooked in tangy yet sweet sauce made with BBQ sauce and crushed pineapple. Even better, the whole meal comes together in less than 30 minutes.
These Hawaiian meatballs are so easy to prepare in the Instant Pot. We love these for a quick dinner, served over rice or cauliflower rice. They are perfect for game day snacking and potlucks. Another big plus, they freeze well. So you can make a batch and keep in the freezer for a quick meal.
- We use ground beef but you can use ground turkey.
- Panko bread crumbs can also be used.
- Use your favorite BBQ sauce for this recipe. When using bottled, Sweet Baby Ray’s is my favorite.
Step by Step Instructions
- In a large bowl add ground beef, bread crumbs, sesame seeds, egg, and seasonings. Mix well.
- Add the trivet to your Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot
- Using a cookie scoop, or a spoon, round into a ball using your hand.
- Place each meatball on the trivet. You can even stack them.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 7 minutes. After the time is done, release the pressure by bringing the valve toward you.
- Remove the meatballs and place into a bowl (or to save another dish, remove the trivet and meatballs from the instant pot, set aside, drain the water, and add the meatballs back to the pot.) and add the remaining ingredients. Mix well.
- Serve alongside rice, noodles, or by itself. Mahalo and enjoy.
Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs are a great recipe to make ahead a day before serving. Store in the fridge for up to 2 days in a covered container.
Can I freeze these meatballs?
The meatballs freeze really well. They can be stored in freezer safe bags or use a food saver to store them. To freeze, place the meatballs, without sauce on a baking tray. Place the tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes so the meat gets frozen. This way, they won’t mush together in the freezer bag. They can be frozen for up to 3 months. To defrost, leave overnight in the fridge. Add the sauce and reheat either by microwave or stovetop, until the meatballs are warm.
As I’ve said, these Hawaiian Meatballs are amazing for dinner served with rice. Perfect over egg noodles too. They are also great as an appetizer for family parties, Holiday treats, New Years Eve, any family celebration.
You may also enjoy:
- Crockpot Cranberry Meatballs, my family can’t get enough of these tasty treats.
- Italian Meatballs, there is nothing better than these meatballs I’ve been making for over 30 years.
- Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs, another favorite recipe my family loves.
- Make sliders with these delicious Hawaiian Sweet Rolls.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
Instant Pot Hawaiian Meatballs
- 1 cup barbecue sauce Use your favorite brand or homemade
- 10 ounce canned crushed pineapple, drained
- 4 green onions, diced Note 2
- In a large bow, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, sesame seeds, egg, salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and parsley flakes. Mix well.
- Place the trivet into your Instant Pot. Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot.
- Using a cookie scoop or a spoon, round the meat mixture into a ball using your hand. Place each meatball on the trivet. You can stack them.
- Set your Instant Pot to high pressure for 7 minutes
- After the time is done, release the pressure by bringing the valve toward you, for a quick-release.
- Remove the meatballs and place into a bowl. Or to save another dish, remove the trivet and meatballs from the instant pot, set aside.
- Drain and discard the water from the Instant Pot. Stir in the barbecue sauce, drained crushed pineapples, and 3 of the diced green onions.
- Add in the meatballs so they are all coated with the sauce.
- Mix well.Serve alongside rice, noodles, or by itself. Mahalo and enjoy!