Easy Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs are absolutely delicious! Homemade tender and juicy meatballs in a creamy and hearty sauce, ready in about 30 minutes. They are a tasty appetizer or serve for dinner with noodles. Make a triple batch and freeze some for later!
This is one of my favorite recipes my Mom made when I was growing up. She didn’t make them often, mostly for party appetizers. I’ve changed that, we make these tasty meatballs often and use the instant pot to make them. They’re a breeze to prepare and are so delicious over noodles or low-calorie, over zoodles or cauliflower mash.
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs, an easy quick dinner
This is one of my family’s all-time favorites. Oh my, they are mouthwateringly tasty and ready in under 30-minutes. Swedish meatballs use fresh nutmeg and allspice that go in both the ground meat and the brown sauce. Serve as an appetizer or as a main dish with egg noodles, mashed potatoes, or your favorite side.
- Since one of my daughters is now gluten-free, I use gluten-free bread crumbs with wonderful results.
- The kids love turkey meat and that is another great choice for making this recipe. Feel free to use chicken, a combo of pork/beef/veal is nice too!
- Swedish meatballs use fresh nutmeg and allspice that go in both the ground meat and the brown sauce.
- The gravy is made with beef broth, Worcheshire sauce, Dijon mustard added to make a sauce. After the pressure cooker finishes, adding a little heavy cream and cornstarch thickens to a gravy. This takes about 2-3 minutes. Yum, gravy is ready!
- The meatballs keep in a covered container for up to 3 days in the fridge. Reheat in the oven at 325° F, until warm, about 10-15 minutes.
What do you serve with the meatballs?
- Egg Noodles
- Mashed Cauliflower
- Mashed Potatoes
- Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- Garlic Herb Roasted Red Potatoes
The following are affiliate links. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Shop this Recipe:
6 Quart Instant Pot: This is the pot we use for this recipe. Love it!
Gluten-Free Breadcrumbs: I use these breadcrumbs with a lot of success.
Don’t forget to shop at the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon!
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, bread crumbs, egg, pepper, salt, nutmeg, allspice, Worsheshire Sauce, parsley.
- Mix to combine. Do not overwork the meat so it remains tender. Use a scoop to make 2-inch meatballs.
- Set to saute, add olive oil. Add meatballs and brown all sides.brown. Set aside meatballs after browning.
- Add in butter and flour, whisk together to combine, about 30 seconds.
- Mix in beef broth.
- Loosen up any brown bits on the bottom of the pot. Add in Worsheshire Sauce, Dijon mustard, pepper, nutmeg, allspice, and meatballs. Press Cancel.
- Place lid on the Pot. Close valve and press pressure cook, high, 5 minutes. Then quick release and remove lid. Stir in heavy cream and let the gravy warm up.
- Sprinkle with fresh parsley.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Easy Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- 1 pound lean ground beef or turkey Note 1
- ½ cup plain breadcrumbs or Gluten-free breadcrumbs Note 2
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg, ¼ teaspoon if ground nutmeg Note 3
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
Swedish Meatball Gravy
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons flour
- 14.5 ounces beef broth Note 4
- 2-3 drops Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- salt, to taste
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon fresh chopped parsley, garnish optional
Instant Pot Swedish Meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, plain bread crumbs, egg, pepper, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and Worcestershire Sauce. Mix to combine ingredients. Do not over mix, this keeps the meatballs tender. Gently roll meat into 2 inch round meatballs, set aside.
- Press saute on the Instant Pot add the olive oil to the Instant Pot.
- Brown the meatballs on all sides in batches, set aside.
- Into the Instant Pot, whisk unsalted butter and flour for about 30 seconds to blend flavors.
- Add in ⅓ of the beef broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape up any brown bits at bottom of the pot. Once brown bits are up from the bottom of pot, add the remaining beef broth.
- Mix in the Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon mustard, black pepper, and a dash of salt to the pot.
- Press cancel. Add the browned meatballs back into the pot. Place the top on the pressure cooker, close the valve. Press pressure cook/high 5 minutes.
- When cook time is complete, quick release. Once complete, remove the top of Instant Pot.
- Press saute, add in heavy cream and simmer 3 to 4 minutes to thicken the sauce.
- Taste for seasoning, reseason if needed. Top with fresh parsley. Serve as an appetizer. For a meal, serve over egg noodles, zoodles, mashed cauliflower.
How To Make Stovetop Swedish Meatballs
- In a large bowl, combine ground beef, plain bread crumbs, egg, pepper, salt, nutmeg, allspice, and Worcestershire Sauce. Mix to combine ingredients. Do not over mix, this keeps the meatballs tender.
- In a saute pan, add 1 teaspoon olive oil and brown the meatballs. Once all browned set aside meatballs.
- To the skillet, over medium heat add the butter, let melt. Add in the flour and whisk for about 1 minute. Add in some of the beef broth. Use a wooden spoon to loosen any brown bits and bottom of the pan. Add in remaining beef broth, Worcestershire Sauce, Dijon mustard, and black pepper. Whisk to smooth gravy.
- Add the meatballs back into the saucepan. Let meatballs simmer for about 25 minutes. Gently stir occasionally. Add in the heavy cream to warm, about 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning, reseason if needed. Top with fresh chopped parsley.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to give the most accurate nutritional details as possible. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes