Enjoy our Crispy Air Fryer Tofu with a tasty homemade Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce. The tofu cubes take on the most delicious flavors from the Asian blend of seasoning and spices.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Tofu is a great ingredient to soak up marinades.
- This crispy tofu recipe amplifies Asian flavors which make a great snack or dinner.
- With just a few simple ingredients, you have the most amazing delicious results.
- This recipe delivers the crispiest air fryer tofu which you will want to enjoy often.
- Wait till you dip it into the Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce, you won't be disappointed.
- extra-firm tofu
- corn starch
- soy sauce
- sesame oil
- rice wine vinegar
- Sriracha or Chili Paste, to taste-- optional
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Wrap the block of tofu with paper towels. Press the paper towels down on the top of the tofu and around the sides and bottom to remove as much moisture as possible.
Step 2: Use a cutting board to cut the tofu into ½" - ¾” cubes and coat the tofu cubes evenly with corn starch.
Step 3: Place tofu in a single layer into a lightly oiled air fryer basket and cook at 400°F for 15-18 minutes, or until the tofu is golden brown.
Step 4: While the tofu is cooking, prepare the sesame sauce. In a medium saucepan, combine water, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger (and sriracha, if using) in a small saucepan set over medium heat.
Step 5: Allow the mixture to simmer, stirring occasionally until the sauce has thickened-- about 5 minutes.
Step 6: Allow the sauce and cooked tofu to cool for 3-4 minutes before adding the sauce to the cooked tofu-- this will help the tofu stay crisp.
Serve over rice, garnish with green onion and sesame seeds.
Once you make air fryer tofu, any leftovers can be stored in an airtight covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days.
Expert Tip: Be sure to press out and discard extra moisture from the tofu before beginning the recipe. Paper towels works well to soak up the liquid.
Frequently Asked Questions
Tofu, if you have not tried it, is something you should put on your must-try food list. Tofu is has a soybean base and protein-packed. For specific detail about tofu, check out this article from Cooking Light.
If you are vegan, be sure to check the label on the soy sauce you are using to verify whether it is a vegan product. If you are gluten-free, use tamari sauce.
I use extra-firm tofu which has a lower amount of water in it, however, you still want to press the tofu by either using a tofu press or paper towel to remove excess moisture from the tofu to ensure it is crispy.
Absolutely, use a cast-iron skillet to cook the tofu or bake the tofu in a 400°F oven. I have included specific instructions below in the recipe card.
Tofu soaks up any marinade and takes the flavor of it very well. This is a fantastic recipe to use and try many different ways to make great air fryer tofu recipes. Use different delicious sauces for so many unique flavors.
Nut-Free Pesto would be quite delicious on the tofu.
Kale Pesto is another delicious pesto my family enjoys on everything from tofu to chicken.
Chipotle Barbeque Sauce is another winner to coat tofu and prepare in the air fryer.
While fresh garlic and ginger are my favorites for this recipe. If you do not have any fresh available, garlic powder and ground ginger can be a great substitute.
Serve the Sesame Tofu along with some brown or white rice.
Instant Pot Fried Rice is another fantastic option, just omit the chicken.
Cauliflower Rice is another great choice.
My family absolutely loves this Slow Cooker Sneaky Tofu. It was one of my first recipes using tofu and has since become a family favorite.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Crispy Air Fryer Tofu
- 14 ounce package of extra firm tofu
- ½ cup cornstarch
Sesame Ginger Sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 2 Tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 Tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon garlic, peeled and grated
- 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
- Sriracha or Chili Paste, to taste optional of you prefer some spice to your tofu
Air fryer tofu
- Wrap the tofu with paper towels and press it to remove as much moisture as possible.
- Cut the tofu into ½-¾” cubes and coat the tofu cubes evenly with cornstarch.
- Place the tofu in a single layer into a lightly oiled air fryer. Cook at 400°F, 15-18 minutes, or until the tofu is crispy and golden brown.
Sesame Ginger Dipping Sauce
- While the tofu is cooking, prepare the sesame sauce. In a small saucepan, over medium heat, combine water, soy sauce, sesame oil, rice wine vinegar, cornstarch, garlic, and ginger (and sriracha, if using).
- Allow the mixture to simmer until it has thickened-- about 5 minutes.
- Allow the sauce and cooked tofu to cool for 3-4 minutes before saucing-- this will help the tofu stay crisp.
- Serve over rice, garnish with green onion and sesame seeds
- If looking for adding vegetables to the meal, add broccoli crowns or cauliflower florets during the last 5 minutes of air frying.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes
You can add broccoli crowns to the last 5 minutes of air frying, if desired.