Easy Greek Chicken Salad is a quick and nutritious recipe! Made with a salad dressing that I use a portion to marinate the chicken breasts! I reserve the rest to blend with the greens and veggies to make awesome Mediterranean flavors in one tasty salad! A great make ahead salad for meal planning and perfect for a mason jar salad!
Jump to Recipe
Anyone else like me during the day and realize its 3 pm and you have not eaten any lunch? That was the norm until I decided to plan ahead my meals. It does not take long at all and believe me, I feel a lot better now! This Easy Greek Chicken Salad is a regular in my plan ahead meals. It’s not only delicious and quick to prepare put also I make a lot of chicken and it freezes well!
When I see chicken breasts on sale, I always buy a large amount and make freezer bags with different marinades, each with a pound of chicken inside. I keep in the freezer until needed. As the chicken defrosts, it is also marinating! I also make extra and keep cooked chicken in the freezer bags. Always ready for a quick salad, quesadilla, or wrap. I do the same with my Easy Grilled Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps!
This is a light meal and as always, swapping out proteins are always an option. This is amazing with shrimp, scallops, flank steak, and for tofu fans, the flavor combo is epic! I have also added sun dried tomatoes and artichokes! Let your Mediterranean flavor ideas take over!
Other recipes you may enjoy is My Favorite Superfood Detox Salad
Save this recipe to your FAVORITE PINTEREST BOARDS! I hope you follow me on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers!
Subscribe to my newsletter to never miss a recipe!
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Easy Greek Chicken Salad
Easy Greek Chicken Salad is made with a marinade that I use a portion for the chicken breasts! I reserve the rest to blend with the greens and veggies! A great make ahead salad for meal planning and perfect for a mason jar salad!
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- salt and pepper, to taste
To assemble the salad
- 8 cups salad greens
- 4 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 2 medium celery stalks, chopped
- 1 large red pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1/4 cup sliced Kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat feta cheese
To make the marinade, in a medium bowl combine red wine vinegar, olive oil, garlic, Dijon mustard, oregano, salt and pepper.. Whisk to combine the flavors. Check seasoning, adjust if needed. Set bowl aside.
In a glass bowl, add the chicken breasts and 1/3 cup of the marinade/dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate to marinate. I prefer at least 4 hours to combine flavors.
To cook the chicken, heat a saute pan over medium heat. Add the chicken and saute about 5 minutes per side. Cooked chicken reaches internal temperature of 165 degrees. Remove chicken and let cool slightly. Slice into 1 inch pieces.
To assemble the salad, in a large bowl add the salad greens, Roma tomatoes, celery, red onions, Kalamata olives, red peppers, feta cheese, and sliced cooked chicken. Top with remaining salad dressing/marinade.
- When I make this recipe, the amount of dressing I make is more than I need for this salad. I prefer to have leftover dressing to use throughout the week. I use the dressing within 4 days.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actually dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
- If you would like to make this a mason jar salad, the ingredients would be, starting at the bottom of the jar: dressing, feta cheese, kalamata olives, tomatoes, celery, onions, pepper, chicken, lettuce. This is how I make it and the ingredients stay fresh.