Instant Pot Queso is loaded with cheesy goodness. Whether your looking for a tailgate snack, appetizer, or Mexican fiesta, this will be your go-to recipe for deliciousness. This tasty and hearty gluten-free Mexican cheese dip is ready in just a few minutes. Get out those tortilla chips and get ready to dip
Instant Pot Queso
This aromatic Instant Pot queso dip is a combination of hearty ground beef, zesty Rotel tomatoes, spices, cheddar, and Monterey cheese. We add in some evaporated milk to give creaminess to the mix. A sure fire hit for any day. Looking for a quick and easy game day snack, this is it. The addition of ground beef makes this very hearty. Those Scoop tortilla chips pick up the cheese like a little ladle and oh my gosh, yum!
Ground beef is a wonderful choice. You can vary the ingredients and use ground turkey or sausage.
I use fire roasted Rotel tomatoes for the best flavor. Regular diced tomatoes can be used but again, you may need to up your spices when using plain diced tomatoes.
We highly recommend grating your own cheese. Pre-shredded cheese can have a film on it that when melted can be clumpy.
Why this recipe works
I don't know anyone who doesn't love a great queso recipe. This Mexican nacho dip is made in the Instant Pot and there is very little to do. Once you brown your meat, add everything in, close the vent and let it work. No worrying about burning the bottom, etc. An easy peasy recipe.
Step by Step Instructions
1. Set your instant pot to sauté mode. Once it is hot, add in your meat, and break it up into small pieces. Continue to sauté until brown. Once done, drain, and set the meat aside.
2. Still having your instant pot on sauté mode, stir in the unsalted butter. Add in the onions. Continue to stir, soften, for about 3 to 5 minutes until fully softened. Once the onions are done, adding your jalapeños for an additional minute. Mix.
3. Add in garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Stir all of the ingredients together for about 1 more minute. Mix in your Rotel, and salt and pepper.
4. Pour in your milk and scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any residue from the meat or vegetables. This will add extra flavor to your queso.
5. Add the meat to your pot. Keeping your instant pot on sauté mode, use the + button to increase the heat on your instant pot. Whisk well and allow it to boil. Once it has reached a high boil, keep it there for one minute. Add in all of your cheese, mix, and then put your lid on the instant pot. Leave it for five minutes to melt.
6. Remove the lid, cheese will all be melted.
- Vary the cheese by using any mix of your favorite cheese such as Jalapeño flavored Monterey cheese, queso blanco, or pepper jack.
- Substitute ground turkey or sausage for beef.
- If you prefer less spicy, leave out the jalapeños and add in a 4 ounce can of chopped green chiles.
- This queso dip is clearly a perfect match with tortilla chips, along with Roasted Tomatillo Salsa, Pico de Gallo and Guacamole.
- Serve over stuffed baked potatoes for a hearty dinner.
- Enjoy a nacho platter with Mexican shredded beef and drizzle the queso over the nachos.
A few of my favorite dips are Everything But the Bagel Dip, Instant Pot Hummus, and Easy Beer Cheese Dip.
When you make this recipe, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
Keep up to date with recipes and posts by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Instant Pot Queso
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 pound ground beef Note 1
- 2 Tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- ½ cup white onions, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, diced for less spice, remove seeds
- 2 Tablespoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 ounce can, Rotel diced tomatoes Note 2
- 12 ounce can, evaporated milk Note 3
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese Note 4
- 1 ½ cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese Note 4
- Set your Instant Pot to sauté mode. When hot, add in ground beef, break it up into small pieces. Continue to sauté until brown, drain excess grease and set the meat aside.
- Keep the Instant Pot on sauté mode, add unsalted butter, let it melt. Stir in the cornstarch and blend until smooth, 20-30 seconds. Add the diced onions, stir often, until onions have softened, about 3 to 5 minutes. Once the onions are done, add jalapeños, stir occasionally, for an additional minute, jalapeños will soften.
- Mix in the garlic, chili powder, and cumin. Stir all of the ingredients together for about 1 more minute.
- Mix in your Rotel tomatoes, salt, and black pepper.
- Pour in the evaporated milk ( or half and half), scrape the bottom of the pan to remove any bits from the meat or vegetables. This will add extra flavor to the queso.
- Add the browned meat back into the pot.
- Keep the Instant Pot on sauté mode, use the + button, 3 times to increase the heat on your instant pot. Whisk well and bring the mixture it to boil, stir
- Whisk well and bring the mixture it to boil, stir occasionally for one minute.
- Press Cancel, add in all the cheese and mix well. Place the lid on the instant pot. Leave it for five minutes, the cheese will melt.
- Remove the lid, taste for seasoning, if needed, adjust any spices.
- Transfer to your favorite serving bowl, and enjoy. Serve with tortilla chips.
Leave a Reply