A Long Island iced tea is a classic cocktail that combines five different types of alcohol, making it perfect for a special occasion or as a refreshing cocktail to make for your guests. This fan favorite cocktail is great for parties, and warm days.
Looking for specifics on the recipe? Use the table of contents to click on sections of the recipe.
❤️ Why this recipe works
- It's the perfect way to kick off a special occasion with its delightful mix of ingredients that provide sweetness and complexity
- Plus, this classic cocktail looks great when served in a tall glass that showcases its golden hue.
- The combination of five different types of alcohol paired with cola and a splash of lemon juice make it a unique, delicious beverage that will have you coming back for more every time.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- white rum
- white tequila
- triple sec
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Fill your drinking glass with ice. Set aside.
Step 2: Add ice to the drink shaker. Then add 1 ounce each of vodka, rum, tequila, gin, and triple sec.
Step 3: Shake the contents of the shaker for 15 seconds. Then, strain the contents of the shaker into the ice filled glass.
Step 4: Add the coke to the beverage glass to achieve the tea like color.
Garnish with a lemon slice, if desired, and enjoy.
How to store, reheat, and freeze
This drink can be stored in the refrigerator for up to two days. I do not recommend that you freeze this beverage as it may become watery and lose its flavor.
💭 Expert Tips
Expert Tip: Most of the flavor you get comes from the gin and triple sec, so a higher quality of those two is recommended.
Frequently Asked Questions
A Long Island Iced Tea typically contains 1.5 ounces of each hard liquor, which is equivalent to 6 ounces or 7 standard drinks.
No, this classic cocktail does not contain any tea. The beverage gets its name from the light brown color it resembles when poured.
Yes, this beverage does contain caffeine because of the coke. Use decaffeinated cola if you prefer no caffeine.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
- Add a splash of cranberry juice for an extra tart flavor.
- Orange liqueur can be used in place of triple sec to add an orange flavor.
- A few drops of citrus bitters can also elevate the taste.
- You could also use ginger ale instead of regular coke.
- You can also make this recipe with just one type of liquor, such as vodka or gin.
Our popular chicken drumsticks pairs well with any beverage.
Roasted broccoli with garlic, a quick easy side dish with simple ingredients that's ready in less than twenty minutes. And, it pairs so well with just about any meal.
This Easy Shrimp Scampi is tender shrimp cooked in a buttery, white wine infused, lemon garlic sauce is ready in 10 minutes. It's perfect for busy weeknights or when you a gourmet meal.
Linzer heart cookies are jam-filled cookies with a heart in the middle. They are sweet, fruity and always make a special dessert.
Want to add more classic cocktails to your skills? I've got a step-by-step guide on How to Make a Gin Martini. It's a great way to
This Tequila Sunrise Cocktail is the perfect drink for enjoying on a warm evening. It's easy to make and tastes just like sunshine in a glass.
This Old Fashioned Cocktail recipe is the perfect way to make a classic, popular cocktail that has been around for decades. You won't regret making this simple drink.Chicken
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Long Island Iced Tea
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 ounce vodka
- 1 ounce white rum
- 1 ounce white tequila
- 1 ounce gin
- 1 ounce triple sec
- 1 ounce coke
- lots of ice
- lemon slice optional garnish
- Fill your drinking glass with ice. Set aside.
- Add ice to the drink shaker. Then add 1 ounce each of vodka, rum, tequila, gin, and triple sec.
- Shake the contents of the shaker for 15 seconds. Then, strain the contents of the shaker into the ice filled glass.
- Add the coke to the beverage glass to achieve the tea like color.
- Garnish with a lemon slice, if desired and enjoy.
- This drink looks pretty intimidating, but it actually goes down much easier than you would ever think. It is smooth and refreshing, with the right amount of kick.
- Most of the flavor you get comes from the gin and triple sec, so a higher quality of those two is recommended.
- Add more coke, if desired. Some like a darker Long Island and some like it lighter.
- If you don’t like your drink over ice, simply chill the drinking glass for about 30 minutes before use.
Leave a Reply