Enjoy a delicious quick and easy treat anytime with these yummy apple slices and peanut butter. Add on your favorite extra toppings.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This is such an easy snack to make and it's a healthy option.
- A classic snack duo that's a great take-and-go snack.
- apples - Gala or Fuji are great choices.
- peanut butter - Use either creamy or crunchy, your choice.
- dried cranberries and dried blueberries - Use any of your favorite dried fruit.
- sliced almonds - Another ingredient that can be varied.
- lemon - sprinkle on the apples to help prevent browning.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Cutting Board
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
- Wash and dry apples.
- Slice apples about ¼-inch thick.
- Remove core from apples.
- Spread Peanut Butter on the apples.
- Top with your favorite dried fruits, nuts, or bananas.
This is a snack that is best to cut the apples, add the toppings, and enjoy.
When on the go, it's a great idea to put peanut butter in a covered airtight container and place the fruit and nuts in a sealable bag. Bring the apples and slice them when ready to eat.
Frequently Asked Questions
To keep the apples from browning when made in advance, squeeze lemon juice on the slices. Wrap the apples with plastic wrap or in a sealed bag until ready to eat.
Our favorite sweet apples for snacking are Fuji, Golden Delicious, and Gala. More sour apple choices would be Braeburn and Macintosh.
Any type of dried fruit can be added to the apples.
Fresh fruit such as bananas is also an option.
Mini chocolate chips would be a nice addition to this snack.
Air Fryer Cheez-Itz is another easy snack to take on the go.
Cracker Barrel Fried Apples are another tasty dessert that everyone loves.
Apple Brownies are another fruity dessert that the family loves too.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Apple Slices with Peanut Butter
- 2 large apples Gala or Fuji are great choices
- ⅓ cup peanut butter creamy or crunchy, your choice
- 2 Tablespoons dried cranberries
- 2 Tablespoons dried blueberries
- 1 teaspoon sliced almonds
- 1 lemon, optional
- Wash and dry apples.
- Slice into ¼-inch slices.
- To prevent browning, squeeze lemon on apple slices.
- Spread peanut butter on apple slices.
- Top peanut butter with favorite dried fruits and nuts.
- Ready to serve.
- any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes. This recipe will vary in nutrients depending on the amount of peanut butter per apple. Also dependant on what fruits on the apples.