Apple Brownies or Apple Blondies, call them what you want, are rich, moist, and loaded with apples. They have a hint of cinnamon and a nice crunch from pecans.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- A super easy recipe to make this apple brownies recipe.
- Kids can help with measuring the ingredients.
- A sweet treat that's great for serving at holiday brunches and celebrations.
- A perfect fall treat that everyone will love and easy to transport.
- light brown sugar
- granulated white sugar
- large egg
- pure vanilla extract
- ground cinnamon
- Kosher salt
- baking powder
- all-purpose flour
- diced apples
- chopped pecans
- non-stick baking spray
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe with step-by-step photos. The full printable instructions are below in the recipe card
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350°F. Prep a 9 x 13-inch baking pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure that the parchment paper overhangs on the sides of the baking dish.
Step 2: Combine 1 ½ Tablespoon of white granulated sugar and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
Step 3: In a large bowl combine the melted butter, brown sugar, and 1 ½ cup of white sugar and beat until combined.
Step 4: To the melted butter mixture, add the eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Cream together until smooth, about 2-3 minutes.
Step 5: Use a wooden spoon to fold in the flour. The batter will be extremely thick.
Step 6: Add in the apples. Stir to mix in.
Step 7: Mix in the chopped pecans to combine all ingredients together. I often use my hands dipped in flour to combine all the ingredients.
Step 8: Scoop the batter into the prepared baking dish. With an offset spatula, spread the batter evenly spread out in the pan.
Step 9: Sprinkle the top of the batter with the sugar/ cinnamon mixture.
Step 10: Bake at 350°F for 40-45 minutes. Insert a toothpick in the center of the dish. If it comes out clean then it is done, if not then return it to the oven. The top of the blondies will be golden brown.
Step 11: Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the baking dish prior to cutting into bars.
Apple brownies or apple blondies can be kept in the refrigerator in a covered airtight container for about 1 week.
These tasty apple treats can be frozen in a freezer-safe bag for up to 3 months. Place the brownies on
Expert Tip: The apple brownies are done when a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean with a bit of crumb on it.
Frequently Asked Questions
For best results, we recommend keeping them in the refrigerator in a covered airtight container.
Brownies traditionally are made with cocoa. At the same time, blondies do not have cocoa powder added to them.
Honeycrisp, Fuji, and Jonagold are three of my favorites. A combination of them can be used too.
Honeycrisp apples are my favorite for these apple brownies because they are sweet and hold up well in baking. Next time you make these apple blondies, try other varieties of my favorite apples to try would be Gala, Granny Smith, and Pink Lady apples
We use pecans but walnuts or almonds can be another choice to add to the apple blondies.
Serve some Homemade Salted Caramel Sauce on the side with a scoop of ice cream, yum.
Drizzle some Homemade Nutella on top of the apple brownies for a nice flavor.
Serve with a dollop of Homemade Caramel Sauce on a brownie square for extra deliciousness.
Next time, try another of my favorite apple recipes, Gooey Apple Cake is a personal favorite and great use of apples and chocolate.
Our Cracker Barrel Fried Apples are another dessert full of comfort and flavor.
Love apples, try our Apple Cider Vodka Slush for an over 21 beverage.
Caramel Apple Pretzel Pie is an absolutely delicious pie and always a hit.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Fresh Apple Brownies
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1 ½ Tablespoon granulated white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prep a 9" x 13" baking pan with nonstick baking spray. Line the baking dish with parchment paper. Make sure that the parchment paper overhangs on the sides of the baking dish. (This ensures the brownies can be taken out of the pan easily.)
- In a large mixing bowl, use a hand mixer to beat the melted butter, light brown sugar, and 1 ½ cup of sugar until combined.
- To the melted butter mixture, add the eggs, vanilla extract, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder. Beat to mix into a creamy texture.
- Gently beat in the flour at a low speed. Switch to use a large spoon or your hands to completely mix all of the ingredients. (Your batter will be extremely thick.)
- Add in the apples. Gently stir to mix well.
- Add in the chopped pecans. Stir to mix in. (You may want to use your hands to fully mix all of the ingredients.)
- Scoop the batter in the prepared baking dish. With an offset spatula even the top of the batter out.
- Sprinkle the batter with the sugar/ cinnamon topping.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45minutes.(Insert a toothpick in the centerof the dish. If it comes out clean then it is done, if not then return it tothe oven. )
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the baking dish prior to cutting into bars.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- In a small bowl, combine the white sugar and ground cinnamon. Set aside until ready to sprinkle on the blondies before baking