This is the best hoagie dip recipe that you'll ever find. I guarantee it. If you're looking for a way to add some zing to your next party, then look no further. This dish is perfect for any event - from Super Bowl parties to summer cookouts. And it's so easy to make, you'll be able to whip it up in no time at all. So what are you waiting for? Give this recipe a try and see for yourself how amazing it is!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- It's easy to make and there is no cooking involved.
- This hoagie dip is perfect for any party, and is picky eater approved.
- It's got a zingy flavor that everyone will love
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Italian dressing or seasoned submarine dressing
- Italian seasoning
- small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- sweet & hot salad peppers
- large heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- cherry tomatoes, quartered
- turkey lunch meat
- ham lunch meat
- provolone cheese
- French or Italian bread, sliced
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
In a large mixing bowl, combine together the mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and Italian seasoning.
To the dressing add sliced red onion, peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
Cut the lunch meats and cheese into bite-size pieces. Add them to the bowl.
Lastly, chop and add the lettuce.
Serve with slices of Italian or French bread.
This hoagie dip recipe is best enjoyed right away. However, leftovers can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 day.
Expert Tip: You can add any mix of lunch meat you like as long as it equals one pound.
Frequently Asked Questions
Hoagie dip is a cold sandwich spread that is typically made with Italian dressing, mayonnaise, and lunch meats. It is perfect for parties and potlucks.
If you use a keto-friendly Italian dressing, then this recipe is keto-friendly.
Yes, you can but you will want to add the lettuce when you are ready to serve so that it stays crisp.
This dip is best enjoyed with sliced Italian or french bread. You could also try dipping vegetables in it
No, this recipe should not be frozen.
- Add a tablespoon or two of yellow mustard for a zesty flavor.
- Try using a different cheese like pepper jack or cheddar.
- Add some chopped pickles for a sweet and sour flavor.
- If you don't like mayonnaise, you can use sour cream instead.
- Switch out the italian dressing for ranch if you prefer a ranch flavor.
- For a spicy kick add sriracha sauce or red pepper flakes.
- Add ½ cup of black olives for a Mediterranean twist.
- Eat this dip with lettuce cups or celery for a low carb snack.
- Use these Homemade Sweet Hawaiian Rolls to dip into this tangy homemade hoagie dip.
- If you are looking for another family favorite appetizer recipe give this Air Fryer Pretzel Dogs recipe a try.
- These Easy Totchos are flavorful and perfect for your next party or game day.
- This Everything Bagel Dip is creamy, flavorful and is always a hit at parties.
- Beef Jerky Dip is smoky, cheesy and always a crowd favorite.
- Homemade Pimento Cheese Spread is a southern classic that goes well with crackers and veggies or your game day party.
- Beer cheese dip is another fabulous dip that is a must make!
- Homemade Boursin cheese is a hit, every time.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup Italian dressing or seasoned submarine dressing
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ small red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- ¾ cup sweet & hot salad peppers
- 1 large heart of romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ pound turkey lunch meat
- ¼ pound ham lunch meat
- ½ pound salami
- 12 slices provolone cheese
- French or Italian bread, sliced
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the mayonnaise, Italian dressing, and Italian seasoning.
- To the dressing add sliced red onion, peppers, and cherry tomatoes.
- Cut the lunch meats and cheese into bite-size pieces. Add them to the bowl.
- Lastly, chop and add the lettuce.
- Serve with slices of Italian or French bread.