How about making easy Homemade Mulling Cider Spice Mix for easy Holiday gifts! They are easy to assemble and perfect as hostess gifts, teacher gifts, or a DIY gift for family! Nothing is better than a thoughtful DIY mulling spice mix added to apple cider for a warm Holiday drink! #foodgiftsJump to Recipe
I absolutely love the Holidays! I love baking cookies with my family, decorating the tree and fun parties with family and friends! With all the celebrations going on I do love bringing edible gifts to my family and friends. I love to leave something behind that the family can enjoy! Last year, I made a huge batch of Rugelach! So fun and festive! This year, I am making Homemade Mulling Cider Spice Mix! I am also super excited to team up with some of my best food blogging friends to bring everyone awesome Holiday Food Gifts to keep the celebrating going throughout the Season! They have come up with some tasty recipes that are perfect to share with everyone on your gift list!
Tips To make Homemade Mulling Cider Spice Mix:
- Use a clear bags and labels from the craft store to put the spice mix and add the instructions on the labels.
- Use the flesh of the orange to add to cranberry orange muffins or cranberry orange smoothie.
- Freeze the orange pulp to add to other recipes. Always label with the date.
- Fresh nutmeg is my first choice, ground nutmeg also works well.
- Use homemade apple cider or store bought if you are making the cider.
Making these Homemade Mulling Cider Spice Mix is a fun gift for the Holidays!Making Homemade Mulling Cider Spice Mix is a perfect rainy day project for the kids! The scent the finished product has on the house is amazing! The warm cider is perfect for a day of cookie making or tree decorating! Your family and friends will love the recipe!
Homemade Mulling Cider Spice Mix
A Holiday gift that is easy to make and a tastes delicious! Mulling Spices are mixed with apple cider! A warm cider to toast the Holidays
- 1 orange
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 3 inch cinnamon sticks
- whole cloves
- 2 star anise
To complete the Muled Cider
- 6 cups apple cider
- orange slices optional garnish
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Slice oranges in half and scoop out the pulp. Use pulp for other recipes. Place aluminum foil inside orange halves and place oranges on a baking sheet. Place in the oven for about 4 hours to dry out the orange. Decorate the dried oranges with the whole cloves. Make whatever pattern you like to make a festive look. Set aside.
In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, ground allspice and nutmeg, Split the brown sugar mixture in half between two decorative bags. Top with decorated orange peel, cinnamon stick, and a star anise to each spice bag.
If giving as a gift, add a directions label to each bag:
Combine this mulling spice with 3 cups of apple cider. Let simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally for 20 minutes. Serve warm with orange slices and enjoy.
I am looking forward to making the recipes from these fabulous food bloggers! The recipes look amazing and I am going to enjoy making these recipes! I will be enjoying my walks after these tasty recipes!
Click on the links below to see my friends delish recipes:
- Chocolate Mixed Nut Clusters by Family Around The Table
- Mama T’s Garlic-Parmesan Seasoning Mix by Tip Garden
- Chocolate Holiday Stir Sticks by The Freshman Cook
- Reindeer Crunch by Palatable Pastime
- Peppermint Bark Fudge by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Taco Spice Mix by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Churro Chex Mix by Books n’ Cooks
- Espresso Hot Fudge Sauce by Strawberry Blondie Kitchen
- Old Fashioned Divinity by House of Nash Eats
- Rosemary Parmesan Crackers by Karen’s Kitchen Stories
- Infused Olive Oils by Bear & Bug Eats
- Brownie Mix by Making the Most of Naptime
- Mulled Cider Spice Mix by Everyday Eileen
- Caramel and Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Rods by Making Miracles
- White Chocolate Cranberry-Orange Bark by The Redhead Baker
- Orange Cranberry Walnut Loaf by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Hand Blended Mulling S
pices by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
Pin this Homemade Mulling Cider Spice Mix to make later HERE
Make any of my recipes and share your Instagram pictures with hashtag #everydayeileen ! I love seeing your creations!
I hope you add this recipe to your favorite PINTEREST BOARDS! I’d love for you to follow me on PINTEREST! I’m always pinning from talented and amazing bloggers!
I hope you enjoy this recipe! Please share the love on Facebook, Pinterest, or your favorite way of relating to your friends and family!
I hope you follow my recipes and ideas on:
Sign up for our newsletter to get weekly updates!
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!