Slow cooker apple cider is delicious and always a crowd pleaser! This is great served warm or cold. Perfect for your Holiday parties or any day of the week! We drink this all winter long! Family and friends are always requesting the recipe! This is an easy apple cider recipe to prepare and your home smells fantastic!
I just love the fall weather and I am a huge fan of those fall apples! As they say, an apple a day keeps the doctor away! Well, I follow that rule!
Years ago, I was overzealous on my apple picking and I had to make a good use of all the apples!
I decided to make Slow Cooker Apple Cider and I have not stopped making it since! My family loves this recipe.
The aroma of our home is amazing with the flavors of apple, cinnamon, oranges, lemon, and ginger is amazing! Adding in cloves, nutmeg, and allspice I wish I could bottle it and make a candle! So warm and homey!
Not to mention, my adults family and friends love to add a little bourbon or whiskey to the cider on a crisp evening by the fire..yummy!
FAQs about Slow Cooker Apple Cider:
What type of apples are best for fresh apple cider:
I like a combo of sweet and tart apples. Sweet apple examples are Gala, Red Delicious, Golden Delicious, and Fuji. Tart apples would be Braeburn, Macintosh, and Granny Smith. Experiment and see what you like best!
Can you add alcohol to Slow Cooker Apple Cider?
Sure, if having a party, I recommend leaving the alcohol next to the slow cooker. Your guests can choose if they want to add alcohol to their hot apple cider and how much to add!
What type of alcohol can you add to the Hot Apple Cider Recipe?
Bourbon, Whiskey, Tequilla, and Caramel Vodka would be my choices.
Can Slow Cooker Apple Cider be made ahead of time?
Absolutely! Make it ahead of time. The cider can keep in the fridge for about a week.
Can homemade Apple Cider be placed in the freezer for later?
Yes, I use then FoodSaver and keep these in gallon bags for all winter long!
Are apples healthy for you?
Of course, they are. Apples are full of antioxidants and dietary fiber! They have Vitamin C and B complex! Eat and enjoy an apple!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience (which means if you make a purchase after clicking a link I will earn a small commission which helps keep my blog up and running but it won’t cost you a penny more!) We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com
I also have a store where I am always updating great finds for not just cooking, I hope you check it out here, Everyday Eileen I will continue to update it regularly! Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Tools You May Need to Make Slow Cooker Apple Cider:
- Fine mesh sieve: These are what I use and they are very versatile! I use them a lot!
- 8-Quart Crock-Pot: My favorite slow cooker. Large and slow-cooks well!
How To Make Slow Cooker Apple Cider:
- Quarter the fruit, peel nothing and don’t worry about the seeds!
- Toss in the spices and let the slow cooker do the rest!
- After 2 hours, I use a masher to mush some of the apples.
- Add the sweetener after the apples cook. I don’t over want to over-sweeten the cider.
- Mash the apple cider.
- Put the cider through a mesh sieve. Discard the solids.
- You can repeat putting the cider through the sieve if you still have a lot of solids!
I hope you make this recipe and let me know how it works for you! Who adds a little adult beverage to their cider by the fire?
When you make Slow Cooker Apple Cider, take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen
I love any comments or questions below!
I HOPE YOU CONTINUE CONNECTING WITH ME:
Thank you for the continued support! I am forever grateful!
Slow Cooker Apple Cider:
Just a few ingredients into the slow cooker and you will enjoy delicious warm apple cider! Perfect for sitting by the fire!
If you enjoy this recipe, please give it a 5-star rating! Also, any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated!
Slow Cooker Apple Cider
- 12 apples, variety gala, fuji, golden delicious, quartered Note 1
- 12 cups water, enough to cover fruit in slow cooker
- 2 oranges, quartered
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoon whole cloves
- 1 whole nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon whole allspice
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger
- ⅓ cup turbinado sugar Note 2
- To an 8-quart slow cooker, add the apples, oranges, lemon, cinnamon sticks, whole cloves, whole nutmeg, whole allspice, ginger, turbinado sugar, and water. Cover the water to about ½ inch from top of the slow cooker.
- Turn slow cooker to low, and cook about 6-8 hours or high for 4 hours.
- About 3 hours into cooking, smash the fruit to add the flavor to the water. If cooking on high mash after 2 hours.
- Strain fruit through a fine mesh sieve to get all the juice. Discard the solids. If This straining process can be done twice.
- Taste for sweetness. Add in turbinado sugar to your sweetness. Usually, ⅓ cup of sugar is enough.
- Serve on warm from the slow cooker or refrigerate and use as needed.
- Any nutritional value used is an estimate. These figures can change based on ingredients and portion size