White Chocolate Peppermint Bark, the perfect Holiday homemade candy that will become a family favorite. It's so easy to make and is a fabulous food gift too. Make a big batch for yourself and an extra batch for friends.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Peppermint candy is a great homemade gift that makes a great hostess and teacher gift.
- The peppermint bark travels well. Bring some along to a potluck or Holiday parties during Christmas time.
- The Christmas candy is a great addition to a dessert table.
- These are an easy no-bake Holiday candy.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Crush the candy into small pieces.
Step 2: In a glass bowl or a large heatproof bowl melt the white chocolate using a microwave. Use 20-second intervals to melt the chocolate. Stir the chocolate in between each interval. A double boiler to melt the white chocolate.
Step 3: Use a rubber spatula to help pour the melted chocolate onto a parchment paper-lined cookie sheet. (The chocolate does not fill the entire baking tray)
Step 4: Sprinkle the crushed peppermint over the melted chocolate.
Step 5: Melt the milk chocolate.
Step 6: Drizzle the melted chocolate over the white chocolate layer and the crushed peppermint.
Step 7: Chill in refrigerator or freezer until set.
Step 8: Cut or break into pieces or use a sharp knife to cut the homemade candy. Enjoy!
Store the bark in an airtight covered container on the counter for 2-3 days.
For longer storage, keep it in an airtight covered container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
Freezer Instructions: For longer storage, wrap the candy in wax paper and then in a freezer-safe bag.
To defrost, thaw at room temperature. Leave the candy in the wax paper so moisture doesn't form on the candy.
Expert Tip: For best results, use high quality chocolate.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, white almond bark can be melted and used to make this recipe.
Yes. Use aluminum foil if you do not have parchment paper.
Use crushed candy canes instead of soft peppermint candies.
Try adding a teaspoon of peppermint extract to the white chocolate for an extra level of flavor.
Serve alongside some homemade hot cocoa. Our Starbucks Hot Cocoa is a delicious treat to serve with the candy.
Irish Coffee is another delicious hot beverage that can be paired with the chocolate treat.
Pick up some cookie tins at the grocery store and place some pieces of the bark in them for gifts.
Make a gift basket for someone special and include festive holiday treats including this yummy chocolate bark.
Almond Roca, was always my Dad's favorite candy.
Homemade Peppermint Patties are another delicious treat to make and enjoy.
Easy Chocolate Bark, a fabulous snack topped with dried fruit and nuts.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Recipe originally published December 15, 2020. Updated, December 2, 2021 for reader experience.
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 6 ounces premium white chocolate, be sure to use a good quality chocolate Note 1 Ghirardelli is a great choice
- 1 ounce premium milk or dark chocolate Ghirardelli is a great choice
- 20 pieces soft peppermint candies Note 2
- Crush the peppermint candies into small pieces, set aside.
- Place chocolate in a microwave safe bowl, melt the white chocolate in the microwave on medium heat for 20 seconds. Remove the chocolate and stir. Place it back in the microwave for another 20 seconds, remove and stir again. If all the chocolate is not melted, reduce time to 10 seconds until the chocolate is all melted. (If you do not have a microwave,
- Pour onto a wax or parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Sprinkle the crushed peppermint over the melted white chocolate.
- Melt the milk or dark chocolate, using the microwave instructions. The chocolate should melt in about 30 seconds.
- Drizzle over the crushed peppermint
- Chill in refrigerator or freezer until set.
- Cut or break into pieces and enjoy!