Enjoy a delicious apple walnut salad for a flavorful lunch or side salad. You’re in for a mouth watering salad that is full of flavor. Loaded with mesclun greens, spinach, crispy apples, and Gouda cheese. A fall inspired maple vinaigrette tops it off for one amazing dish!
Today’s post is sponsored by Stemilt Fruit. However, all opinions are my own. #ad #stemiltfruit #RaveApples
I am excited to share this apple walnut salad with you. Stemilt fruit is a favorite of mine because they create the most flavorful fruit. It’s always fresh and delicious!
I was introduced to Stemilt fruit a while back and used their cherries to created a cherry salsa. Love this salsa as a dip or with grilled meats!
Today’s apple walnut salad is delicious, versatile, and takes about 10 minutes to make! Enjoy it for lunch or a side salad at dinner.
Stemilt Fruit, has a new apple called Rave® , so juicy and delicious! This apple is so juicy, it’s recommended to eat it raw. This is awesome because the juiciness makes these apples an amazing addition to a great salad!
Fall is my favorite season. Besides loving to wear sweaters, it’s the food and fruit of fall that I love! Apples are by far my favorite fruit. Whether enjoying them as a snack or adding it to a dinner recipe, apples are versatile, hearty and delicious!
Apple Walnut Salad Ingredients
- Rave® apples: these apples are sweet and juicy. A great apple used raw and perfect for apple salads.
- walnuts – add a nice crunch to the salad.
- dried blueberries: a little sweet and another crunch to add to the flavors.
- carrots – adds color and a touch of sweetness to the salad.
- smoked gouda: the smokiness in the cheese is perfect with the juicy apples.
- shallot: adds a subtle flavor to the salad that will blend well with the maple vinaigrette.
- dijon mustard: adds a tangy flavor to balance the maple and balsamic vinegar.
- balsamic vinegar – a good acid for the vinaigrette to balance with the pure maple syrup.
- pure maple syrup – be sure to use pure maple syrup which will balance the acidity in the balsamic vinegar.
Apple Walnut Salad Rave® apples
Wait till you taste the new Rave®apple from Stemilt fruit! They are crunchy, juicy, and have the perfect amount of sweetness! I’m not an apple breeder but these apple are a mix of the delicious Honeycrisp and MonArk apple. Click on the link to get more specifics on the history of the rave apple. I find it fascinating to see new varieties of any fruit and how they develop.
Apple Walnut Salad FAQs
How far in advance can I make this salad?
This is a very easy salad to prepare. Make it the day you would like to enjoy it. Put the apples and cheese on the salad right before serving.
Where can I find Rave® apples?
Use the store locator to find any of the fruits that Stemilt Fruit produces.
Can I make variations to the apple walnut salad?
The beauty of this salad is to be able to swap out ingredients.
salad greens: Besides the greens in the recipe, any of these will be awesome: kale, arugula, Boston, romaine, green leaf!
dried fruit: Your favorite dried fruit would well.
cheese: Feta or blue cheese which are both creamy would be great in this salad. Omit if vegan or dairy-free.
protein: To make this a dinner salad:
- vegetarian additions: crispy oven roasted potatoes, cauliflower steaks, roasted sweet potatoes.
- meat protein addition: add grilled chicken, poached shrimp
Enjoy this salad, you should try
- Superfood Detox Salad: another flavorful salad filled with veggie and fruit and an amazing lemon vinaigrette.
- Apple Bacon Salad from Jade who writes Jonesin for Taste is a delicious salad with
Pro tips for a great Apple Walnut Salad
- The salad is so easy to make. For best result, make it close to when you are ready to eat.
- To prevent the apples from browning, slice the apples and squeeze some lemon on them. (If not eating the salad until later)
- Be sure to use 100% pure maple sugar. Pancake syrup is not maple syrup.
How to Make Apple Walnut Salad
- Place washed greens into the salad bowl.
- Add shallots, dried blueberries, walnuts. shredded carrots, smoked gouda, and sliced apples to the bowl.
- Drizzle with the maple vinaigrette and enjoy!
How to make the Maple Vinaigrette:
- In a small bowl, whisk together minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, dijon mustard, pure maple syrup, salt, and black pepper.
- Whisk in the avocado oil or your preferred oil.
- Check seasoning. Reseason if needed.
- Serve over the Apple Walnut Salad.
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
Are you loving this recipe, giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated
Apple Walnut Salad
- 4 cups mesclun greens
- 4 cups baby spinach
- 2 medium Stemilt Rave® apples, sliced thin Note 1
- 1 small bulb shallot, peeled and diced
- 1 small carrot, peeled and shredded
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup dried blueberries
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 3 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tablespoon s pure maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup avocado oil your favorite oil will work
- black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
How to make an Apple Walnut Salad
- In a large salad bowl, add in mesclun greens, spinach, sliced apples, shallot, shredded carrot, chopped walnuts, dried blueberries.
- Drizzle the Maple Vinaigrette on the salad. Mix to combine.
- Ready to serve.
How to make Maple Vinaigrette
- In a small bowl, whisk to combine minced garlic, balsamic vinegar, pure maple syrup, dijon mustard.
- Whisk in the oil to combine all ingredients.
- Taste the vinaigrette. Reseason if needed.