These Santa Bag Marshmallow Pops are so festive and fun! You can't go wrong with fluffy marshmallows coated in candy coating and decorated to show off your Christmas spirit. The kids will love these!
Looking for specifics on the recipe? Use the table of contents to click on sections of the recipe.
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- It's an easy treat that doesn't even require turning on the oven.
- These are great when made ahead, so you don't have to worry about making them the day of your holiday party.
- You only need simple ingredients and all of these ingredients can be found at your local grocery store so you don't have to worry about multiple trips to different stores.
🧾 Ingredient List
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- Jumbo Marshmallows
- Mini Marshmallows
- Red Chocolate melting wafers
- Light Brown Cookie decorating icing
- White Cookie decorating icing
- Green Cookie decorating icing
- Red Cookie decorating icing
- Holiday Cake Sprinkles
- Holiday Straws
- baking sheet
- silicone baking mat
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Prepare your work surface. For easy clean up line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Gather your marshmallows and sticks. Then, melt your red melting chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl as directed on the bag's instructions.
Step 2: Place a small dollop of red chocolate onto the top of the marshmallow, and insert the stick through the chocolate into the center of the marshmallow. Set aside to dry. Repeat with the rest of the marshmallows. Once all the marshmallows are dry, remelt the red candy melts and dip the marshmallow until almost the entire marshmallow is covered in the chocolate to coat it. Set aside to dry.
Step 3: Use the white cookie decorating icing and place a dollop of icing on each mini marshmallow. Place the mini marshmallows around the top of the jumbo marshmallow.
Step 4: Take the white cookie decorating icing and coat the mini marshmallows to give it a fluffy look. Set to the side to dry. Using your brown, red, green and white decorating icing create your Christmas characters on top of the parchment paper. Set to the side to dry.
Step 5: Begin to decorate your Santa bag by using the white decorating icing for the drawstrings on the front. Then add some white icing on the top of the jumbo marshmallow.
Step 6: Place the snowmen, gingerbread men, and gifts on top of the white icing. Add your holiday sprinkles lastly. Set to the side to dry.
👩🏻🍳 Eileen's Tips for Success
- If you find that your melted chocolate starts to harden before you are finished dipping your marshmallows return the candy to the microwave in 15-second intervals until it is smooth and dippable again.
- Can't find Christmas straws? You can use a lollipop stick or popsicle sticks instead of a straw. You should be able to find holiday paper straws at your local craft store.
- Make sure to allow the red candy to harden completely before you start to pipe on the white candy.
- If you don't have a piping bag you can use a ziploc-style plastic bag with the corner cut off to decorate these marshmallow pops.
- For easy cleanup, line your work surface with a piece of parchment paper or wax paper.
Do you want to change up this recipe? Here are some ways that you increase the flavor of this dish.
- You can add some black outlines to your bag by using melted milk chocolate in a piping bag.
- Instead of making your Gingerbread men with chocolate, use Teddy Bear Shaped Graham Crackers instead.
- Add some extra flavor to your marshmallow pops by using the large marshmallows that are stuffed with chocolate, peanut butter, or gingerbread.
- Use any festive sprinkles that you have on hand in your kitchen, I like to use a variety of colors so that they stand out. However, you can use any other topping of your choice.
❄️ Make ahead, storage, and freezer tips
Storage - Store these fun marshmallow pops in an airtight container at room temperature for up to a week. Make sure to keep them away from heat sources so that your chocolate doesn't melt.
Make ahead - The best part about this great recipe is that it can be made ahead. For best results, I recommend that you make it no more than 24 hours ahead.
📋 Frequently Asked Questions
My favorite thing about this recipe is that you don't need to store them in the fridge, which means you have extra fridge space for other delicious things.
The melted chocolate will hold the stick in place so that it doesn't slip out.
🥣 Serving Suggestions
- This Honey Glazed Ham is my go-to main dish to pair with these lovely marshmallow pops. No need to spend a lot of money buying from a chain when you can make this main dish at home.
- Roasted Green Beans are fresh and healthy, and you can enjoy them as a healthy side dish before you indulge in these chocolate marshmallow pops.
- If you ask my family you can't have a holiday meal without Homemade Mashed Potatoes. This classic side dish is always guaranteed to be on our holiday dinner table.
🍽 Similar recipes
- If you want another festive Christmas dessert to liven up your dessert table, give this Festive Christmas Cheesecake a try. Its beautiful colors will add a great flare to your table.
- This Chocolate Candy Cane Cake is one of my favorite chocolate recipes to make this holiday season. It's elegant, rich, and oh-so delicious.
- Chocolate Gingerbread Cookies are an easy recipe to make for the holidays when you want a rich twist on a classic recipe.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for your continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Santa’s Bag Marshmallow Pop
- Line a baking sheet with a silicone baking mat. Gather 12 jumbo marshmallows and 12 straws. Set aside
- Melt the red melting chocolate in a microwave safe bowl as directed on the bag's instructions.
- Stir until smooth. Stir until smooth.
- Take a small dollop of the red melting chocolate and place it on the top center of the jumbo marshmallow.
- Insert the straw through the red chocolate in the center of the jumbo marshmallow. Set to the side to dry.
- If needed, reheat the red melting chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Take the jumbo marshmallow and dip it in the melted red chocolate coating it almost to the very top.
- Use the white cookie decorating icing and place a dollop of icing on each mini marshmallow. Place the mini marshmallows around the top of the jumbo marshmallow.
- Take the white cookie decorating icing and coat the mini marshmallows to give it a fluffy look. Set to the side to dry
- Snowmen Gift Boxes, and Gingerbread sprinkles instructions:
- Use the red, green, and white decorating icing to create Christmas characters on top of the parchment paper or silicone paper. Set to the side to dry.
- Begin to decorate your Santa’s bag by using the white decorating icing for the drawstrings on the front.
- Then add some white icing on the top of the jumbo marshmallow.
- Place the snowmen, gingerbread men, and gifts on top of the white icing. Add your holiday sprinkles lastly.
- Set to the side to dry.
- I am not a registered dietician, I do my best to provide the most accurate nutritional values. Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation. Actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and portion sizes