This festive, amazing Christmas Cheesecake is perfect for your holiday celebrations! It's creamy, rich, and full of peppermint flavor. The Oreo crust is delicious and the buttercream topping is decorated with holiday candy and sprinkles. Everyone will love this festive treat!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- This creamy cheesecake is colorful and festive, which makes it perfect for the holiday season.
- Full of peppermint of flavor to get you in the holiday spirit.
- Perfect for family get-togethers or potlucks at work during the holiday season!
- You can never go wrong with a rich mint Oreo crust.
- Family-friendly, easy, and a delicious decadent cheesecake!
- A super festive dessert for any holiday table.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- mint oreo cookies, crushed
- butter, melted
- cream cheese, softened
- vanilla extract
- peppermint extract
- peppermint candies
- Holiday sprinkles
- butter, softened
- powdered sugar
- Assorted holiday candy
- candy cane
- holiday sprinkles
- mixing bowls
- 9 - inch springform pan
- hand mixer
- piping bag with a star tip
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 300°F.
Step 2: Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter; press onto the bottom of the 9-inch springform pan.
Step 3: In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, peppermint, and vanilla extract until well blended.vanilla extract until well blended.
Step 4: Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
Step 5: Stir in some sprinkles and pour over the crust.
Step 6: Bake 1 hour 5 min or until center is almost set but still slightly jiggly.
Step 7: Run the knife around the rim of the pan to loosen the cake and cool completely before removing the rim of the springform pan.
Step 8: Refrigerate for 4 hours.
Step 1: In the bowl of an electric stand mixer using the paddle attachment, or use a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy.
Step 2: At low speed, mix in the confectioner's sugar and vanilla extract.
Step 3: If the frosting is too thick add a splash of milk. see Note 1
Step 4: Use and offset spatula to spread the frosting on the top of the cheesecake.
Step 5: Use a pastry bag and a star tip to pipe some of the frosting around the edge.
Step 6: Decorate the top of your cheesecake with the holiday candies and sprinkles.
Serve and enjoy
Note: If the frosting is too thick and I have seasonal coffee creamer in the refrigerator, I sometimes use a splash to thin out my frosting.
Store your cheesecake in the refrigerator. be sure to keep it tightly covered while you are storing it. Keep leftovers in an airtight covered container for up to 3 days.
This cheesecake freezes well. Make sure it's wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and then again in foil to prevent freezer burn.
Expert Tip: Don't overmix the cheesecake filling. Mix until it is just combined to prevent a tough cheesecake.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use any type of cookie crumbs that you like. Graham cracker, chocolate, or vanilla wafer crumbs would all work well.
Yes, this cheesecake can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator.
Yes, you can use whipped topping instead of the buttercream frosting.
- Add some crushed candy cane to the cheesecake batter for an extra holiday treat! I like to use my food processor to crush them up.
- Be creative with your sprinkles, there are so many fun colors and shapes now that would be a great addition to this recipe.
- For a chocolate lovers version, top with a chocolate frosting or ganache.
- If you're not into peppermint, omit it from the recipe and just add some extra vanilla extract.
White Chocolate Peppermint Bark would be a great topping to this Christmas Cheesecake.
If you are looking for a comforting easy meal then try this Guinness Beef Stew recipe.
There is no better way to start off a holiday morning than with this Cheesy Sausage Egg Casserole recipe.
This is sure to be the best Hot Toddy Recipe you'll ever try! It's a great classic cocktail for a cold winter night.
Don't forget our mini Grasshopper No Bake Cheesecake, a cheesecake lovers delight.
If you are looking for a traditionally flavored holiday cheesecake give this Reindeer Cheesecake a try.
If you love Peppermint then you are going to enjoy this Chocolate Candy Cane Crunch Cake recipe.
This creamy Instant Pot Holiday Swirl Cheesecake takes all the guesswork out of baking a cheesecake and instead cooks it right in your pressure cooker.
Save time in the kitchen this holiday season by making this No-Bake Strawberry Cheesecake for your holiday party.
This quickly has become a favorite Christmas cheesecake recipe for me. It has a hint of peppermint to the cheesecake that adds a festive touch.
A homemade cheesecake is always loved by everyone. Since this is easy to prepare, we hope this becomes part of your dessert table.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Christmas CheesecakePrint Rate
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Combine cookie crumbs and melted butter; press onto bottom of 9-inch springform pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, using an electric hand mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, peppermint and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, mixing on low speed after each just until blended.
- Stir in some sprinkles and pour over crust.
- Bake 1 hour 5 min or until center is almost set but still slightly jiggly.
- Run knife around rim of pan to loosen cake and cool completely before removing the rim of the springform pan.
- Refrigerate for 4 hours.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer or use a large mixing bowl and use an electric hand mixer, beat the butter until fluffy.
- On low speed, mix in the confectioners sugar and vanilla extract.
- If the frosting is too thick add a splash of milk.
- Spread the frosting on the top of the cheesecake.
- Use a pastry bag and a star tip to pipe some of the frosting around the edge.
- Decorate with candies and sprinkles.
- Serve and enjoy!