You are going to just love this rediculously decadent and mouthwatering Whiskey Pecan Pie! Loaded with flavor and topped with yet another burst of zing from a Cinnamon Whiskey Drizzle!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- The pie can be prepped ahead of time and frozen until the day before serving.
- Truly and easy recipe to follow for the beginner to advanced.
- all-purpose flour
- granulated white sugar
- dark brown sugar
- dark corn syrup
- unsalted butter, melted
- vanilla extract
- pecan halves
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: If using homemade pie crust, roll it out on a floured surface and place it on the pie plate. If using a store-made crust, place it into the pie plate. Feel free to flute the edges of the pie crust.
Step 2: Add flour, salt, white and dark brown sugar to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine.
Step 3: Add the eggs to the flour mixture. Use a hand mixer to blend until the mixture is smooth.
Step 4: Whisk in the corn syrup to combine ingredients.
Step 5: Blend in the whiskey, melted butter, and vanilla to the mixture.
Step 6: Stir in the pecans with a rubber spatula.
Building the Pie
Step 1: Scoop the filling into the crust.
Step 2: Put the filled crust on the prepared baking sheet. Loosely cover the pie with foil.
Step 3: Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. (The filling will almost be set.) The center will slightly jiggle.
Step 4: Remove the pie from the oven. Place on a rack and allow to cool for about 4 hours.
Whiskey Cinnamon Sauce
Step 1: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk until smooth the confectioner sugar, ground cinnamon, whiskey, and milk. Set aside until the pie is cool.
Step 2: After the pie is cooled for 4 hours, drizzle the sauce over the pie.
Step 3: Cut into slices and serve.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 9 inch pie plate
- baking sheet
- mixing bowls
- measuring spoons and cups
- hand mixer
- wire cooling rack
The pie should cool at room temperature. Once it has been drizzled with the Whiskey Cinnamon Glaze, keep the pie loosely covered in the refrigerator.
Leftovers can be kept in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, loosely covered with plastic wrap or aluminum foil.
The pie can be made ahead of time and carefully wrapped and stored in the freezer for up to 1 month. Wrap well with plastic wrap or use a food saver to wrap the pie before freezing. Let the pie thaw in the refrigerator overnight when ready to serve.
Leftover whiskey pecan pie and individual slices can be frozen. Same procedure with wrapping well and the leftovers can keep for 1 month.
Expert Tip: To keep pecans fresh, store them in the freezer They can stay fresh for up to two years properly stored in the freezer.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely, bourbon would be a great substitute.
The alcohol does not completely cookout of the pie. It doesn't evaporate but enhances the flavor of the pecan pie.
Whiskey pecan pie and pecan pie originated as a Southern dessert that has become popular across the United States.
When it comes to baking, little variation is suggested. However, you can use bourbon in lieu of whiskey.
If you prefer no alcohol in your pie, use apple juice in lieu of the whiskey.
My Dad's Irish Coffee is the best around and would compliment the whiskey pecan pie.
Our Hot Toddy is always a hit at the holidays or when feeling a little under the weather with a nice slice of pie.
Caramel Macchiato would be just lovely with a slice of this tasty pie.
Pecan Sandies are one of my most popular recipes, so delicious!
Balance out the celebration with a low-carb pumpkin snickerdoodle with a maple pecan frosting.
Our classic Pineapple Upside Down Cake is a great dessert to use those extra pecans.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Whiskey Pecan Pie
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- 1 (9 inch) deep-dish pie crust, homemade or storebought chilled, not frozen
- 1 ½ teaspoon all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup granulated white sugar
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 large eggs
- 1 ½ cup dark corn syrup
- 2 Tablespoons whiskey Note 1
- 1 ½ Tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 ¼ cup pecan halves
Whisky Cinnamon Drizzle
- ½ cup confectioners sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons whiskey Note 1
- 1 teaspoon whole milk Note 2
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
For the filling
- Add flour, salt, white and dark brown sugar to a large mixing bowl. Whisk to combine them together.
- If using homemade pie crust, roll it out on a floured surface and place in the pie plate. If using a store made crust, place it into the pie plate.
- Add the eggs to the flour mixture. Use a hand mixer to blend until the mixture is smooth.
- Beat in to combine the corn syrup.
- Blend in the whiskey, melted butter, and vanilla to the mixture.
- Stir in the pecans with a rubber spatula.
Building the Pie
- Scoop the filling into the crust.
- Put the filled crust on the prepared baking sheet. Loosely cover the pie with foil.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 1 hour. (The filling will almost be set.) The center will slightly jiggle.
- Remove the pie from the oven. Place on a rack and allow to cool for about 4 hours.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, whisk until smooth the confectioner sugar, ground cinnamon, whiskey, and milk. Set aside until the pie is cool.
- After the pie is cooed for 4 hours, drizzle the sauce over the pie.
- Cut into slices and serve.
Leave a Reply