Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders are crispy, crunchy and juicy. Plus they are better for you because they're not fried. They're also dipped in egg whites for a lighter flavor. The tenders are fresh tasting with a zing from parmesan cheese that surrounds the tenders.
In about 20 minutes you will have an amazing treat that's so much better than anything you can buy frozen from the grocer. Dip these tasty treats in Honey Mustard Sauce or Homemade Blue Cheese Dressing.
No longer do you need to buy those overpriced frozen and hopefully made of real chicken tenders from the grocery store.
This recipe is easy and budget-friendly. These tasty baked chicken tenders can be made in bulk and freeze a bunch for a later date.
Parmesan Chicken Tenders
This recipe is easy, budget-friendly, and these tasty parmesan crusted chicken tenders can be made in bulk and freeze a bunch for a later date.
What type of chicken works well with this recipe?
This recipe uses boneless chicken tenderloins. Feel free to use any cut of chicken, even chicken on the bone can be used. Cooking times will be longer for larger cuts of chicken. The internal temperature of cooked chicken is 165F.
How long can the tenders be kept in the fridge?
Once you have baked the chicken, they can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days in a covered container.
Can I freeze Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders?
Absolutely. Freeze the chicken in freezer-safe bags or containers for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge. Reheat at 325 degrees for about 10 minutes. If cooking frozen, place on a baking tray and bake at 375F for about 30 minutes.
To ensure the chicken doesn't stick together, place the cooked chicken on a tray in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Then place the chicken in the freezer bag so they do not stick together in the freezer.
The recipe uses egg whites, can I use regular eggs?
Absolutely. I use carton egg whites when possible to reduce fat. Regular eggs
What can I serve with baked chicken tenders?
Looking for a veggie side, candied carrots, a very kid-friendly side is always popular. Roasted Broccoli and Garlic is another fabulous side. Another great choice is Christina's from Christina's Cucinas delicious Sauteed Rapini, which is broccoli rave, so good.
Love chicken recipes, try these reader favorites
- Instant Pot Shredded Chicken - a great way to make a big batch of chicken to use for salads, chicken casseroles calling for cooked chicken, etc.
- Chicken Gyros - a super easy recipe that is so good and another reader favorite.
- Chicken Satay with Peanut Dipping Sauce - a great tasting boneless chicken recipe that works as an appetizer or meal.
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Thank you so very much for being apart of Everyday Eileen!
- Meat Thermometer - I have a few thermometers including this one. A must-have for accurate reading of cooked meat.
- Baking Trays with Racks - Another must-have for the kitchen. Racks are great to use for roasts and savory cooking.
Enjoy our store where we share great finds for not just cooking, I hope you check it out here, Everyday Eileen.
Give us a like on FACEBOOK
For great recipes and tips, follow along on Pinterest
Thank you for always sharing my passion and love for food and family!
We hope you enjoy the recipe. Giving it a 5-star rating and any comments are super helpful for me and very much appreciated.
Baked Parmesan Chicken Tenders
- 2 pounds boneless chicken breasts Note 1
- 1 cup whole wheat seasoned breadcrumbs Note 2
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup egg whites Note 3
- salt and pepper to taste
- olive oil spray
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spray the cookie sheet with non-stick olive oil spray. Set aside the seasoned cookie sheet until ready to place parmesan chicken tenders on the cookie sheet
- In a separate bowl, whisk the egg whites and salt and pepper to your taste
- In a separate bowl, combine the whole wheat seasoned Italian bread crumbs and the parmesan cheese together until blended
- Dredge the chicken tenderloins into the egg white mixture.
- Then dredge the chicken tenderloins into the Italian seasoned whole wheat bread crumbs.
- Place the breaded chicken on the seasoned cookie sheet, continue until all chicken is breaded and on the cookie sheet.
- Spray the top of al the breaded chicken with the olive oil spray. For not so crispy tops, just cook for about 20 minutes, If you want to have crispy chicken tenders on both sides, after 15 minutes, turn the chicken tenderloins over and cook for about another 5 minutes to crisp both sides.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!