This homemade Red Velvet Ice Cream recipe is perfectly rich and creamy and oh so sweet. If you are looking for a decedent yet creamy dessert, then look no further! This no-churn ice cream is the best way to celebrate Valentine's Day, but don't worry we won't judge if eat it year-round because I sure do!
❤️ Why you'll love this recipe
- Red Velvet Ice Cream is so simple to make, there's no need to pull out the ice cream churn just pop the ice cream into the freezer to harden.
- Creamy homemade ice cream that is full of rich chocolate flavor and full of sweet cookie chunks.
- Deep red color that looks so festive for holidays like Valentine's Day or Christmas.
- The perfect recipe to start with If you haven't tried trying to make homemade ice cream yet.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Red Velvet Ice Cream
- heavy whipping cream
- sweetened condensed milk
- vanilla extract
- Red Food Coloring Gel - It usually takes an entire bottle to get the dark red color
- Red Velvet Chips Cookies ( we use Chips Ahoy cookies)
- all-purpose flour
- cocoa powder
- white granulated sugar
- unsalted butter, melted
- whole milk
- stand mixer
- mixing bowls
- airtight covered freezer-safe container
- ice cream scoop
- waffle cone maker
- small mixing bowl
- medium mixing bowl
This is an overview of the recipe. The full instructions are below in the recipe card.
Step 1: In the bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy whipping cream, and whip the cream until its thick and stiff peaks form.
Step 2: In a separate large mixing bowl, combine the sweetened condensed milk, pinch of salt, and vanilla extract, stir well until completely blended.
Step 3: Fold half of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture, and stir until blended.
Step 4: Add in about 4 or 5 drops of the red food coloring gel, and stir to blend, and continue to add the food coloring gel until the desired color is achieved.
Step 6: Stir in the remaining whipped cream and fold into the mixture. Make sure the ice cream mixture is all red.
Step 7: Crush 12 of the Red Velvet Cookies. Fold the cookies into the ice cream, stir to combine. Place the ice cream in an airtight covered container and place the container in the freezer overnight.
Step 9: When ready to serve, scoop the Ice Cream into the Waffle Ice Cream bowls and top with cookie crumbles.
Step 1: Plug in the waffle cone maker. The light will come on when ready.
Step 2: In a small mixing bowl, combine flour, and salt set aside.
Step 3: In a medium-size mixing bowl, whisk eggs and sugar together for one minute. Add the flour mixture, melted butter, and milk, and stir well to combine.
Step 4: Follow the manufacturer's directions to make the waffle bowl.
Store leftover Red Velvet Ice Cream in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Waffle bowls can be stored at room temperature for up to 2 days.
Expert Tip: Use a lighter hand when folding in the Red Velvet Cookies so they don't become mashed.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, you can use any type of chocolate cookie in this recipe.
Yes, you can use any type of food coloring in this recipe.
The ice cream will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months.
If your red food coloring isn't very red, you can add more food coloring gel until the desired color is achieved. Try to use a vibrant red gel for the best color results.
I don't recommend using skim milk. We use whole milk for great flavor.
- For a rich taste in your ice cream, add one tablespoon of cocoa powder to your ice cream base.
- Red Velvet Oreos make an excellent cookie addition to this no-churn ice cream recipe. Instead.
- If you want a bit more of a crunch in your ice cream, add ½ cup of chopped nuts, such as almonds or walnuts.
- This recipe can easily be doubled for a larger batch. Just make sure to use a large enough bowl to mix all of the ingredients together.
Easy Shrimp Scampi is a wonderful meal that is great to enjoy before you eat a bowl of this ice cream.
If your family loves ice cream, make this Cookies N Cream ice cream while you are in the kitchen for another sweet treat.
You can never go wrong with apple pie and ice cream.
Easy Turkey Pot Pie is a great way to use up leftovers and still have a hearty meal.
Papaya and Coconut Ice Cream is a great way to enjoy a fruity version of this dessert.
Strawberry Iced Tea is another festive-colored recipe that tastes oh so delicious.
Cheesecake Ice Cream is smooth and creamy with a tangy flavor.
Fresh and Fruity this Fruity Summer Punch recipe is an excellent beverage to cool off with.
The form you have selected does not exist.
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below.
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Thank you for the continued support. I am forever grateful.
If you click on the number of servings in the recipe card you can adjust the measurements up or down for the exact number of servings you need.
If you love this recipe please give it 5 stars! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Red Velvet Ice Cream
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
Red Velvet Ice Cream
No-Churn Red Velvet Ice Cream
- In the mixing bowl of a stand mixer, add the heavy whipping cream, and whip the cream until it's thick and stiff peaks form.
- In a separate medium-size bowl, add the sweetened condensed milk, salt, and vanilla extract, and stir well until completely blended.
- Fold half of the whipped cream into the sweetened condensed milk mixture, and stir until blended.
- Add about 4 or 5 drops of the red food coloring gel. Stir to blend. Continue to add the food coloring gel until the desired color is achieved.
- Add the remaining whipped cream, fold it into the mixture, making sure the ice cream mixture is all red. Crush about 12 of the Red Velvet Cookies. Fold them into the crushed cookies. Stir to combine.
- Place in a container with an airtight lid, and place the container in the freezer overnight. When ready to serve, scoop the Ice Cream into the Waffle Ice Cream bowls and top with cookie crumbles. Serve and Enjoy!
- When ready to serve, scoop the ice cream into the waffle ice cream bowls. Top with cookie crumbles. Serve and Enjoy!
Red Velvet Waffle Cone
- Plug-in the waffle cone maker. The light will come on when ready. combine.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour and salt, set aside. In a mediim sized bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar for one minute. Add the flour mixture, melted butter, and milk. Stir well to combine.
- Follow the manufacturer's directions to make the waffle bowl.