Ricotta Tomato Tart is such a delicious tart! The tart is filled with a fresh ricotta cream and topped with heirloom tomatoes! Make this for your Easter brunch fora savory treat!
Today’s recipe is a part of #EasterBrunchWeek and has been sponsored by Wewalka. As always, all opinions are my own! Thank you for supporting the brands who help keep Everyday Eileen going! #ad #wewalka #EasterBrunchWeek
This Tomato Tart is a fantastic close-out to Easter Brunch Week! It is really easy to put together and tastes so darn good! using heirloom tomatoes is a great way to welcome Spring. Bring along to your Easter brunch and your going to want to make two! This goes fast!
Ricotta Tomato Tart
I have to tell you all I have not made a lot of tarts! I love when I eat them! When my blogger friends post them I love them and kept saying I need to make one!
That has changed, this Tomato Tart has started me going! My family went nuts over the first one! I normally change ingredients up a few times when experimenting! The family wanted no changes to the recipe!
I am also using my Homemade Basil Pesto mixed into the Ricotta mixture. If you haven’t made my pesto, you are in for a treat! The pesto adds a great level of flavor to the pesto!
I have now made this a few times and always so delicious! If you have any left, perfect for a light lunch or dinner too!
What are the best tomatoes to use for a good Tomato Tart?
Use a variety of tomatoes for a unique topping! I used heirloom yellow and red. Last week I had “ugly tomatoes” from the farmers market and they made a great tomato topping. You can use cherry tomatoes, whatever you can find works!
What can I serve with Tomato Tart?
This tart is so versatile, serve along with your favorite Easter treats like these:
- Sausage and Egg Casserole
- Peach Sangria
- Strawberry Waffles
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles from Juggling Act Mama – yum
- Sausage Roll Recipe from The Foodie Affair – another yummy recipe
Can the Tomato Tart be made ahead?
You can make the tart ahead but it is really easy to put together. I would suggest not making a day ahead. Morning of is better.
The Tart is using low-fat Ricotta Cheese,can full-fat Ricotta Cheese be used in the recipe?
Absolutely. I use low-fat cheese whenever possible to save calories. Full fat Ricotta Cheese can also be used.
When you make my Ricotta Tomato Tart, please take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Ricotta Tomato Tart
- 1 Wewalka puff pastry
- 1 cup low-fat Ricotta Cheese Note 2
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto Note 3
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin Note 1
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, garnish optional
- 1 egg, whisked
- a dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry puff on a baking sheet. Fold in the edge in around the puff pastry about 1/2 inch. This forms the edge of the tart.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, basil pesto, onion powder,garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta cheese mixture into the puff pastry. Cover the puff pastry with the tomatoes. Sprinkle entire mixture with black pepper
- Use a pastry brush to brush the rim of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Edges should be brown and center cooked through. Slice and serve.
How to Make the Egg Wash
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with a hint of salt. Set aside till ready to use.
Easter Brunch Week
This week, we’re sharing loads of Easter recipes and celebrating the upcoming holiday with an amazing giveaway, sponsored by Eggland’s Best, GROSCHE International, Hamilton Beach, Nordic Ware, Rhodes Bread, Silpat, Stonyfield and Wewalka. You can read more about these awesome sponsors HERE.
Enter the #EasterBrunchWeek Giveaway!
Official Rules and Conditions for the #EasterBrunchWeek Giveaway: One grand prize winner winner will be receive a prize package including items from Eggland’s Best, Grosche, Hamilton Beach, Rhodes Bread, Silpat, Stonyfield and Wewalka. Open to US residents 18+. One (1) winner will be chosen. Prize must be claimed within 48 hours of announcement or a new winner will be drawn. Prize will be delivered electronically. All entries will be verified. This giveaway is in no way associated with Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, Rafflecopter, or any other entity unless otherwise specified. Giveaway ends 4/20/2019. Enter using the widget below. Comment each day for even more chances to win!