Ricotta Tomato Tart is such a delicious tart! The tart is filled with a fresh ricotta cream and topped with heirloom tomatoes! Make this for your Easter brunch fora savory treat!
Today’s recipe is a part of #EasterBrunchWeek and has been sponsored by Wewalka. As always, all opinions are my own! Thank you for supporting the brands who help keep Everyday Eileen going! #ad #wewalka #EasterBrunchWeek
This Tomato Tart is a fantastic close-out to Easter Brunch Week! It is really easy to put together and tastes so darn good! using heirloom tomatoes is a great way to welcome Spring. Bring along to your Easter brunch and your going to want to make two! This goes fast!
Ricotta Tomato Tart
I have to tell you all I have not made a lot of tarts! I love when I eat them! When my blogger friends post them I love them and kept saying I need to make one!
That has changed, this Tomato Tart has started me going! My family went nuts over the first one! I normally change ingredients up a few times when experimenting! The family wanted no changes to the recipe!
I am also using my Homemade Basil Pesto mixed into the Ricotta mixture. If you haven't made my pesto, you are in for a treat! The pesto adds a great level of flavor to the pesto!
I have now made this a few times and always so delicious! If you have any left, perfect for a light lunch or dinner too!
What are the best tomatoes to use for a good Tomato Tart?
Use a variety of tomatoes for a unique topping! I used heirloom yellow and red. Last week I had "ugly tomatoes" from the farmers market and they made a great tomato topping. You can use cherry tomatoes, whatever you can find works!
What can I serve with Tomato Tart?
This tart is so versatile, serve along with your favorite Easter treats like these:
- Sausage and Egg Casserole
- Peach Sangria
- Strawberry Waffles
- Cinnamon Roll Waffles from Juggling Act Mama - yum
- Sausage Roll Recipe from The Foodie Affair - another yummy recipe
Can the Tomato Tart be made ahead?
You can make the tart ahead but it is really easy to put together. I would suggest not making a day ahead. Morning of is better.
The Tart is using low-fat Ricotta Cheese,can full-fat Ricotta Cheese be used in the recipe?
Absolutely. I use low-fat cheese whenever possible to save calories. Full fat Ricotta Cheese can also be used.
Shop this Recipe
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
- Baking Sheet: These are great because they come in a set of 3 different size baking pans.
- Pie Cutter: A great tool to cut tarts, pizza, and ravioli.
Don’t forget to shop at the Everyday Eileen store on Amazon!
When you make any of our recipes, please take a pic and tag me on Instagram @everyday_eileen or #everydayeileen
I love any comments or questions, please feel free to leave them below!
Keep up to date with recipes by following me on:
FACEBOOK INSTAGRAM, PINTEREST, TWITTER
Love this recipe, it would be awesome if you give it a 5-star rating and share comments below!
Ricotta Tomato Tart
- 1 Wewalka puff pastry
- 1 cup low-fat Ricotta Cheese full-fat ricotta cheese can be used
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon basil pesto Note 3
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 heirloom tomatoes, sliced thin Note 1
- 2 teaspoons fresh basil, garnish optional
- 1 egg, whisked
- a dash of salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Roll out the pastry puff on a large baking sheet. Fold in the edge in around the puff pastry about ½ inch. This forms the edge of the tart.
- In a small bowl, combine ricotta cheese, egg, basil pesto, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Spread the ricotta cheese mixture into the puff pastry. Cover the puff pastry with the tomatoes. Sprinkle entire mixture with black pepper
- Use a pastry brush to brush the rim of the pastry with the egg wash.
- Bake for about 20-25 minutes. Edges should be brown and center cooked through. Slice and serve.
How to Make the Egg Wash
- In a small bowl, whisk the eggs with a hint of salt. Set aside till ready to use.
- Any nutritional data I provide is an approximation and actual dietary information can vary based on ingredients and proportion sizes.
I love the sound of this for a spring brunch and it's even better that it's vegetarian!
It is a favorite,enjoy.
Carlos at Spoonabilities
Thank you for this amazing recipe! This recipe inspired me to make this tart. I also pinned this recipe.
You made my day, Carlos. Check back in after you make it.
Oh! I love tomatoes! Can't wait to make this tart! Pinned!
Excellent, Colleen, enjoy the tart.
I can't wait until tomatoes are in season so I can make this, it' looks fantastic!
I love these with my garden tomatoes
Jersey Girl Cooks
Tomatoes and ricotta are perfect together!
Yes, a great match
I've been looking for a new recipe to add to my Easter brunch. I think I found it!
I hope you enjoyed it.
I made this for my cousins wedding shower brunch. A huge hit. I didn’t have heirloom tomatoes so we used all Roma’s and it was great
Fabulous Carrie!Glad you used a variety of tomatoes. The beauty of the recipe!