These easy healthy pumpkin muffins are so delicious, moist, and full of pumpkin spice flavor! The pumpkin muffins are quick to prepare and a great go-to snack.
My healthy pumpkin muffins are so tasty. The muffins have a variety of spices as well as pumpkin puree and Greek yogurt combine to make flavorful pumpkin muffins. Pumpkin muffins are a great way to finish up.
I have enjoyed all the Pumpkin recipes from all of my fellow bloggers this week! I hope you enjoyed my pumpkin recipes! My fall comfort favorite, Harvest Pumpkin Soup, and Pumpkin Mac and Cheese Recipe, creamy and delicious.
These Healthy Pumpkin muffins are a favorite of my families. Great for lunch boxes, bring to fall potluck dinners and perfect for morning breakfasts, brunch, or afternoon snack. Plus, these pumpkin muffins freeze really well too.
The spice combo really brings a nice flavor to the pumpkin muffins and using the Greek yogurt helps keep the muffins moist and calories down. A pumpkin muffin is about 126 calories, my kind of snack! It hits the spot.
I know Thanksgiving is a not for two more months but these pumpkin muffins are great to use up extra pumpkin puree. These easy pumpkin muffins transport really well. I love to make them ahead of time, freeze and bring to family Holiday parties. I make extra for my holiday brunch too.
How long will these healthy pumpkin muffins keep?
I keep them on the counter, well covered about 2 days, they never last that long, always eaten :).
When freezing these pumpkin muffins, how long can they be kept in the freezer?
I place them in well-sealed freezer bags and keep in the freezer for about 3-4 months.
Can other flour be used to make these pumpkin muffins?
I use a combination of whole wheat and all-purpose flour to make these pumpkin muffins. I have also used all-purpose flour as well as whole wheat white flour with great results.
Are there any variations when making these pumpkin muffins?
Feel free to add in nuts or dried fruit like raisins for a little variety.
What goes well with healthy pumpkin muffins:
Healthy Pumpkin Muffins
- 1 cup whole wheat flour see note 1
- 1 cup all-purpose flour see note 1
- ½ cup sugar * I used Diamond sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg see note 2
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground clove
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger
Pumpkin Wet Ingredients
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup fat-free Greek yogurt
- 1 Tablespoon water
- 2 Tablespoons canola oil
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a 12 count muffin tin with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the whole wheat flour, white flour, and sugar.
- Mix into the flour mixture the baking soda, baking powder, salt, ground allspice, ground cloves, and ground ginger. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine pumpkin puree, egg, Greek yogurt, water, canola oil.
- Fold the pumpkin mixture into the dry ingredients. Mix until smooth.
- Divide the pumpkin evenly into the 12 muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes. A toothpick should come out clean from center of muffin. Let muffins cool a bit before serving.
Pin Here to Make Healthy Pumpkin Muffins any time: